DJI's Official Stance on Mavic Mini ND Filters
618 4 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

So now that we finally got the manual controls (fingers crossed for RAW support also), can DJI give us their official stance on using ND filters with the Mini? Can The Mavic Mini handle any additional weight on the gimbal? Can they damage the gimbal with long term usage? Can you tell us a manufacturer that you recommend?

The recalls on existing filters and the lack of interest from major brands like PolarPro, make it seem like the Mavic Mini is not made to handle any adittional stress on the gimbal.

2020-4-28
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

There's no official allowance to such third party accessories. I think I recall a DJI mod taking stance on this matter already.

Get some lightweight version and you'll be fine, otherwise you risk incurring into gimbal shake. For what I've seen the more they cost the more they cover the camera plate (and not just the optics)... I think it's one of the cases where it's better if you stay on the cheaper side. Cheaper means lighter and usually glass only for the optic not the entire camera plate.
2020-4-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi andrei193, it is not suggested adding filters on Mavic Mini. Thank you for your inquiry.
2020-4-28
Use props
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 4-28 23:54
Hi andrei193, it is not suggested adding filters on Mavic Mini. Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you for responding DJI Thor. Hope you would consider adding RAW photo support.
2020-4-29
Use props
RivermanMM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42467 ft
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 4-28 23:54
Hi andrei193, it is not suggested adding filters on Mavic Mini. Thank you for your inquiry.

Hi DJI Thor, it was interesting to read your reply to andrei193 question.
Would you please expand on your reply. 'Not suggested', for what reason? Is it because it may place the AC over 250g, create a possibly of damaging the gimbal due to extra weight etc. A more precise answer would be appreciated.
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules