Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI, please allow DJI Crystalsky to be used with the NEW Mavic Air 2
1003 9 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1602215 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a senior (68 years old) who needs help viewing my drone video transmission clearly. I purchased a new DJI Crystalsky 7.85 High Brightness and currently use it with my Phantom 4, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro 2 and HOPEFULLY with the soon to be delivered Mavic Air 2. DJI, please help us to be able to use our Crystalsky's with the NEW Mavic Air 2.
2020-4-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, sorry that CrystalSky doesn't support Mavic Air. I will forward your request to our engineers to notice. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
2020-4-30
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor.....thank you very much!
2020-4-30
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-30 04:52
Hi there, sorry that CrystalSky doesn't support Mavic Air. I will forward your request to our engineers to notice. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

DJI Thor.....thank you very much!
2020-4-30
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I also have the crystalsky monitor. I'm also planning on going for the Mavic Air 2.
Why are you doing this, DJI? Is it really hard to make something backwards compatible? No smartphone to the date compares to the crystalsky brightness.
So I have to sell my crystalsky? Are you willing to take it back, DJI?
2020-4-30
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

vitor.damiani Posted at 4-30 05:15
I also have the crystalsky monitor. I'm also planning on going for the Mavic Air 2.
Why are you doing this, DJI? Is it really hard to make something backwards compatible? No smartphone to the date compares to the crystalsky brightness.
So I have to sell my crystalsky? Are you willing to take it back, DJI?

I am all with you Vitor.......great comment!!
2020-4-30
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
First Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

THE PHANTOM 4 OF THE LOVE SHACK Posted at 4-30 05:19
I am all with you Vitor.......great comment!!

I'm afraid making CS compatible with the DJI Fly App is definitely not going to happen! DJI excuses their inability to realize it with the 64Bit-programming of the 'new' app. Buying a CS and believing in DJI's promises it to be a 'professional' tool was one of my biggest mistakes. DJI really is giving a sh.. for us CS customers hoping for Mavic support from the first day on. Firmware releases are always way behind - if they ever turn up! The fact that there is still no official CS mount for the M2 series is only one little example for DJI's conceptional incompetence, not to mention a missing battery charger for such an expensive product. Make no mistake, they are building great drones but there is absolutely no consistant reliable evolution in their product portfolio. Seems that different developement departments don't know each other or communicate at all. Big lack of company leadership - sad!
2020-4-30
Use props
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Joe.Mavic.D.HH Posted at 4-30 13:50
I'm afraid making CS compatible with the DJI Fly App is definitely not going to happen! DJI excuses their inability to realize it with the 64Bit-programming of the 'new' app. Buying a CS and believing in DJI's promises it to be a 'professional' tool was one of my biggest mistakes. DJI really is giving a sh.. for us CS customers hoping for Mavic support from the first day on. Firmware releases are always way behind - if they ever turn up! The fact that there is still no official CS mount for the M2 series is only one little example for DJI's conceptional incompetence, not to mention a missing battery charger for such an expensive product. Make no mistake, they are building great drones but there is absolutely no consistant reliable evolution in their product portfolio. Seems that different developement departments don't know each other or communicate at all. Big lack of company leadership - sad!

Thanks for your comments Joe.  It is really hard to believe that DJI will not send a firmware update to accept the new DJI Fly app.  They really manufacture great drones and cameras.  I agree with an earlier comment that the Smart Controller screen is no larger than a cell phone and not as brite as the CS.  Sure does make it more difficult to see for the Senior group that enjoys the hobby.  At least (hopefully) we will still be able to use the CS for most of the other DJI Drones.  I really enjoy the MP2 with the CS.  To spend a $1000 on the CS Ultra 7.85 and not be able to use it with a high end DJI Drone is not good for staying with DJI on future drones/cameras.  Stay safe.
2020-4-30
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Im flying Inspire 2 and mavic air 1 and I was going to sell my Air 1 to get the Air 2 but if Crystal sky is not supported , too bad , i wont buy it and keep my Air 1. Way to go DJI , reallly nice support from you ....
2020-5-1
Use props
vitor.damiani
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36657 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Joe.Mavic.D.HH Posted at 4-30 13:50
I'm afraid making CS compatible with the DJI Fly App is definitely not going to happen! DJI excuses their inability to realize it with the 64Bit-programming of the 'new' app. Buying a CS and believing in DJI's promises it to be a 'professional' tool was one of my biggest mistakes. DJI really is giving a sh.. for us CS customers hoping for Mavic support from the first day on. Firmware releases are always way behind - if they ever turn up! The fact that there is still no official CS mount for the M2 series is only one little example for DJI's conceptional incompetence, not to mention a missing battery charger for such an expensive product. Make no mistake, they are building great drones but there is absolutely no consistant reliable evolution in their product portfolio. Seems that different developement departments don't know each other or communicate at all. Big lack of company leadership - sad!

I always felt that the crystalsky wasn't meant to last. No updates, firmware very old, and I still couldn't believe the bracket for Phantom 4 controller had to be bought separately.
Drone Deploy had an announcement a long time ago that they were developing their app to run natively on CS, which never become a reality.
Seems like everyone was mislead by DJI on this one. Very sad.
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules