DJI Fly - Android or iOS?
4850 3 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mixel11
lvl.1

Spain

Hi!
I have just recieved my new DJI Mavic Mini Drone, and I need to buy a new smartphone, so I would like to know if there are some differences between the Android and IOS ''DJI Fly'' app.
I know that, for example, DJI Mimo (for gimballs) is better in IOS because you can rec 60 FPS and Slowmotion, which you can not do in the Android version.
So, in order to know what smartphone should i buy, I come to your knowledge.
Thank you
2020-5-1
Use props
Essayb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301512 ft
Australia

Go with the phone you want. I use both IOS and Android and have NO issues with either. I use IOS more only because I have an iPad and the screen is bigger. Otherwise I'd just use the Android phone (S10) for convenience. Happy flying
2020-5-2
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

There is no difference bro
2020-5-5
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Will your current smartphone work (compatible with) the drone?
If it is, then reset the phone to wipe off all rubbish and use the phone just for the drone.
Don't be fooled, like I was that the super-bright Samsung S9+ is better than my 2016 version of J7, for example.
The S9+ is a super phone, but a rubbish screen and soft button layout when used with the DJI app. The curved screen edges render it useless in bright sun. The home button that is where the App buttons are makes crucial use of that region of the app unreliable. The old J7 works perfectly in all respects.
In conclusion, do you need a new phone for the drone?
2020-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules