Beginners Issue
1098 8 2020-5-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjb12180
lvl.1

United States

Hey all,
I just purchased a Phantom 4 second-hand from a friend of mine. He used it three times before the kids took his time away. I have read through the manual but I still cannot connect the aircraft to its contoller.

I tried to update the firmware in the aircraft and it stops everytime at 36% and has an error. The aircraft continually restarts itself during the process.
I also tried to update the firmware in the controller. The DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom tells me that I have the wrong Assistant program and to download it from the website.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,
kjb12180
2020-5-1
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

Make sure about your Internet connectivity.
2020-5-1
Use props
kjb12180
lvl.1

United States

Zubayer.Khan Posted at 5-1 10:14
Make sure about your Internet connectivity.

I have to computer connected through an Ethernet cable
2020-5-1
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would uninstall your any DJI Assistant app you have your PC currently. Download the latest version from this link.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

Plug in your Phantom into your PC with the USB cable and power on your Phantom. When you are able to connect to your Phantom through the app run the latest firmware update.

Unplug the Phantom and then go outside to start everything up. Turn on your RC controller. Turn on the Phantom. Launch the DJI GO 4 app on your phone or tablet. The app might tell you that the RC firmware is out of date and needs to be updated. Make sure you have a good wireless or mobile data signal during this process so the RC firmware can be downloaded properly and isntalled.

Hope this helps.
2020-5-1
Use props
kjb12180
lvl.1

United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 5-1 12:18
I would uninstall your any DJI Assistant app you have your PC currently. Download the latest version from this link.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2-for-phantom

Do I need to update the controller as well? The DJI Assistant 2 said I did not have the right program for the GL300C remote contoller
2020-5-1
Use props
sparkflier14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194619 ft

United States

Delete the version of assistant, download the latest version of assistant 2 on dji.com. About the firmware update failure. I suggest going into the dji go app and clicking format sd card. Not delete photos/videos but the format button. The sd card should be in exfat format. fat32 works but it limits the storage significantly since it is based on the Windows 95 format.
2020-5-1
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Why not speak to your "Friend" who sold it to you? Perhaps he can put you right, he claims to have flown it 3 times... or has he?
2020-5-6
Use props
kjb12180
lvl.1

United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 5-6 01:23
Why not speak to your "Friend" who sold it to you? Perhaps he can put you right, he claims to have flown it 3 times... or has he?

one thing that may cause the issue, or not, is that he ran it with apple products and I only have android products. Could this be the issue? I cannot get the phantom to work through the app at all. I connect it to the controller and it does not recognize that the controller is connected. Nothing seems to want to connect to the other.
2020-5-6
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

kjb12180 Posted at 5-6 15:20
one thing that may cause the issue, or not, is that he ran it with apple products and I only have android products. Could this be the issue? I cannot get the phantom to work through the app at all. I connect it to the controller and it does not recognize that the controller is connected. Nothing seems to want to connect to the other.

It is true that generally Apple devices are more compatible. Apple kit is excellent, but I prefer Android generally.
Make certain you have an Android device that is listed by DJI as compatible.
You never mentioned what device you actually have.
For best results, start with a device that has been factory reset so all the pointless apps are removed. Then use the App manager to disable or remove all the unnecessary  manufacturers apps.
Keep the device just for your drone and do not allow any firmware updates or software updates except for DJI.
Start the device, then the controller, then the drone. If you have  the sim for data, update your map in the DJI app display.
Switch off the SIM data.
Make certain the home point has been recorded.
You should be able to launch the drone and make certain you can get it to respond to all controller commands. The drone only needs to be about 3 metres off the ground for that.
After every session, use the device manager to delete all cashes and optimise memory.
If you do this, you should have safe flights.
In the early days of DJI drones, Android was notorious for issues, but they stopped happening when people removed all the rubbish of their phones.
I use an old Samsung J7 (2016 model) and have never had an issue due to memory leaks, insufficient memory while flying.
Android is vulnerable to poor apps. Apple isn't, because poor apps aren't allowed on the device, by Apple. If that wasn't the case, Apple would fail as easily as Android.
Good luck.
If you have tested the controls fully,  Land and fit a fresh battery and try a short range flight.
2020-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules