Attention: DJI confirmed Problem with the battery in DJI Mavic Ai...
15120 33 2020-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nooky
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 86106 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello together!

DJI confirmed a problem with the batteries of the DJI Mavic Air 2 in combination with the multi-docking station / charging hup!

This might lead into an unusable battery and the need to send the battery back to DJI to replace it!

But there is a simple solution for that problem which we do show here in that video and which was also confirmed by DJI!

The video is in German but we have added ENGLISH subtitles to it because it is so important for all DJI Mavic Air 2 owners!
Please spread this information and video because it might avoind a lot of frustration of all new DJI Mavic Air 2 buyers..

It is IMPORTANT that you know and follow these hints BEFORE you use your drone the first time!

Please use the English subtitles!

Would be great if you can leave a LIKE and a COMMENT on this video - feel free to subscribe our Channel

Other usefull links and articles:

2020-5-2
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks, I ordered the Fly More Combo so would have fallen into this trap. This is not the first time this has happened. It happened on my Phantom 4 Pro +  when I ordered extra batteries. I lost one by Charging on the DJI Multicharger, it went into an unrecoverable error state.
2020-5-2
Use props
castormalin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Interested by the translation of the 2nd part I am...
2020-5-2
Use props
Nooky
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 86106 ft
  • >>>
Germany

@castormalin : the second part is only about the missing ADS-B system..

This system has been in rumors - but now in fact it is only released for the DJI Mavic Air 2 versions that will be sold in the US

All other countries (or at least the European countries here) will not get a ADS-B integration..
And there will not be an option for an update - because the ADS-B reveiver is hardware..

But the system is not required by law here.. so it is not a too big issue that it is not integrated here..
2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Nooky Posted at 5-2 02:05
@castormalin : the second part is only about the missing ADS-B system..

This system has been in rumors - but now in fact it is only released for the DJI Mavic Air 2 versions that will be sold in the US

Agree it’s not needed, I’m hoping that we might see a battery FW introduced before mass shipping, but even so it’s good to get the heads up before you render batteries useless, maybe moderator can give some updates on this and if a fix is coming, thanks for posting.
2020-5-2
Use props
Ashley Walton
lvl.2

Australia

So pretty much just make sure the first time you charge the battery... charge them one at a time, without using the multi charger to ensure they all activate correctly.

2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ashley Walton Posted at 5-2 03:17
So pretty much just make sure the first time you charge the battery... charge them one at a time, without using the multi charger to ensure they all activate correctly.

Looks like that’s the way to go unless we see new FW over the next week or so .
2020-5-2
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well at least it's being addressed. A shame though.
2020-5-2
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-2 03:30
Looks like that’s the way to go unless we see new FW over the next week or so .

nothing FW can do about it since you can't update fw before charging batteries.... Drones that already left DJI (which i'm guessing are in the thousands) can't be fixed by fw update.
2020-5-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 5-2 04:38
nothing FW can do about it since you can't update fw before charging batteries.... Drones that already left DJI (which i'm guessing are in the thousands) can't be fixed by fw update.

Well that might not be strictly true, all dji multi chargers themselves can get FW updates through usb on multi chargers themselves,  so not sure if this is something to do with charger or battery I don’t think it’s been confirmed if it’s to do with battery or charger yet.

Spark,MA1,MP,MP2
Phantoms & Inspire have upgradable chargers,
As far as I know looking at tracking, no drones except beta drones have left China yet unless they're stored already in US.
2020-5-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good find and thabks for sharing.
2020-5-2
Use props
elektrobank
lvl.2

United States

Ashley Walton Posted at 5-2 03:17
So pretty much just make sure the first time you charge the battery... charge them one at a time, without using the multi charger to ensure they all activate correctly.

Thanks for saving me from sitting through that whole video to get that piece of info.
2020-5-2
Use props
Ashley Walton
lvl.2

Australia

elektrobank Posted at 5-2 06:30
Thanks for saving me from sitting through that whole video to get that piece of info.

You're very welcome. It was painful... not sure why the first post just didn't include that information haha
2020-5-2
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, very appreciated.  Many Blessings and Happy Flying.
2020-5-2
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for this info, I would have been caught out otherwise.
2020-5-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very handy info, thank you
2020-5-2
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140043 ft
Norway

Where is the confirmasion from DJI?
2020-5-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the warning.
2020-5-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very useful info but could have been explained in 1/100 th of the time
2020-5-3
Use props
Skraeling
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121407 ft
United States

Ashley Walton Posted at 5-2 09:52
You're very welcome. It was painful... not sure why the first post just didn't include that information haha

half the damn forum posts seem to be just people pimping their youtube channel.
2020-5-4
Use props
tshansen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 569820 ft
Norway

Why on heavens earth did you use 8 min to explain this?

Dont use the dock to charge the batteries, but single charge every batteri, one at the time to make sure it register and dont get faulty.
2020-5-5
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

Agree, if this is an issue, a Moderator should confirm it...
2020-5-8
Use props
Outie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 266926 ft
  • >>>
United States

I charged all 3 batteries on the multi charger as soon as I unboxed everything. No issue with battery activation. All 3 batteries work fine on my MA2.
2020-5-8
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Norway

Outie Posted at 5-8 22:22
I charged all 3 batteries on the multi charger as soon as I unboxed everything. No issue with battery activation. All 3 batteries work fine on my MA2.

Good too hear Outie. I also think this is bull.... Why haven’t DJI confirmed this, if it is an issue??
2020-5-9
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

well if that's true, it sucks.  why would you have to ship a bunch of your batteries back to dji first?  that's ridiculous.  dji needs to find a way to ship activated batteries to you and then you swap them out and ship bad ones back to dji.  otherwise, the entire kit is going back to Best Buy to swap out or back to the retailer for a refund while you buy from elsewhere.  and we all know what happens to a store return, they don't get "fixed" but they get returned to the manufacturer.

customers don't like to make "warranty" claims on day one right out of the package (especially not $1000 one) and they certainly don't want to ship back parts across the country to somewhere they didn't buy it from.  unless we hear from the forum (or elsewhere on the internet) that dji is handling this quickly and efficiently, most people are not going to take a chance because we all know dji has battery supply issues and if you get a service reply that says dji received your defective batteries and will replace them in the next 30-60 days.....meantime you are stuck with a partial kit you cannot return.  so I guess let's wait and see if this issue is real and if so, how well/bad dji handles it.

again, I just don't understand how these issues aren't discovered before launch.  it just tells me either people don't think it's important as long as they have a plan to handle it or they ignore it when they discover it because "the launch must go on" or nobody is testing for these things which is sad.  most likely the latter.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I charged all 3 batteries on the multi charger as soon as I unboxed everything. No issue with battery activation. All 3 batteries work fine on my MA2.

Hopefully sorted.
2020-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Maybe dji Mindy can pop in here to confirm everything is ok and sorted.
2020-5-9
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42359 ft
Costa Rica

Well.. I unboxed my MA2 a couple of days ago and the first thing I did was to charge the batteries with the dock..  all charged fine and no issues..  So is this a general issue?  NO .. it could be an issue to some? could be..  But not until there is an official statement about this we can't say that this is 100% a real issue.
2020-5-9
Use props
Mailliw_Sirrom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373510 ft
Sweden

I dont understand how it can be discovered before all or most orders have arrived to the buyers without an official notification of the batteryproblem from DJI.
2020-5-10
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

I’m wondering now... is this problem real? Seems like there’s just one guy on youtube saying this (even more, saying DJI confirmed it) but nobody else supporting this....
2020-5-10
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Norway

And here the finaly comes an statement from DJI;

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D757%26typeid%3D757
2020-5-10
Use props
mrkooks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42359 ft
Costa Rica

Snopmaster Posted at 5-10 19:29
And here the finaly comes an statement from DJI;

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=214934&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D757%26typeid%3D757

Good to know that is totally fixable
2020-5-10
Use props
djiuser_ovvl3fS964TU
New

United States

Not sure if this will help anyone but when i just recieved my MA2 i charged all my batteries on the dock , i used 1 battery it worked fine then i used the battery that came in the drone but when i put it in it powered up the drone by it self then i could not get it out. So i have a dead battery in a drone that will not come out ???

thank;s to all

2020-7-15
Use props
Eradik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47687 ft
United States

I also charged all 3 on my multi charger and have had no issues with it.
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules