123Next >
42948 81 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Willicrash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58904 ft
Saudi Arabia

Hi Does anyone know if the Mavic Air 2 suppoprts or will support autonomous missions. I have a need to fly the same route to record progress o a construction project and was close on getting a Mavic 2 Pro to replace my current Mavic Air which i currently use with Litchi. But I love the small size of my Mavic Air and would prefer the Mavic Air 2 if it has this feature and could use Waypoints 2.0 or a similar.
2020-5-3
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
New Zealand

https://www.dji.com/nz/mavic-air-2/faq Take a look here under intelligent flight features
2020-5-3
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

atm they got waypoints when You do hyperlapses. so it's just software locked.
real question is, will DJI open it to use for MA2? or keep it limited to force ppl to buy higher models if they want missions :/
2020-5-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Willi,

It does not look like this is working out for you.  The Mavic Air uses DJI GO 4 and is compatible with Litchi.  But, like the Mavic Mini, the Mavic Air 2 uses DJI Fly and it does not look like it is compatible with Litchi.  This may be due to a 32 bit / 64 bit conflict.  The Mavic 2 Pro may be getting more attractive for you.

Hope this helps!  Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-3
Use props
Willicrash
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

KREMi Posted at 5-3 01:13
atm they got waypoints when You do hyperlapses. so it's just software locked.
real question is, will DJI open it to use for MA2? or keep it limited to force ppl to buy higher models if they want missions :/

Many thanks. Not usually cynical but I wont be holding my breath for DJI to unlock waypoints as the line between the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic 2 Pro is already quiet blurred. I seem to remember on the original Mavic Air it was advertised as supporting waypoints then pulled the feature. Maybe Litchi will get updated. Looks like I might be parting with a large wedge of cash shortly
2020-5-3
Use props
Willicrash
lvl.1
Saudi Arabia

Cetacean Posted at 5-3 01:22
Aloha Willi,

It does not look like this is working out for you.  The Mavic Air uses DJI GO 4 and is compatible with Litchi.  But, like the Mavic Mini, the Mavic Air 2 uses DJI Fly and it does not look like it is compatible with Litchi.  This may be due to a 32 bit / 64 bit conflict.  The Mavic 2 Pro may be getting more attractive for you.

Thanks and i think your right. I doubt DJI are going to unlock full waypoints and i cant wait to see if Litchi can/will update its software.
2020-5-3
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It;s unfortunate that waypoints didn't make the cut. Hopefully Litchi will fill the gap with support soon.
2020-5-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Willicrash Posted at 5-3 01:42
Thanks and i think your right. I doubt DJI are going to unlock full waypoints and i cant wait to see if Litchi can/will update its software.

Aloha Willi,

Keep an eye out for the Mavic Mini getting Litchi first.  The Mavic Mini uses DJI Fly to and it came out first.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Willicrash, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support Waypoints currently, it is just a sub-mode of Hyperlapse. Your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2020-5-3
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

You can record your waypoints while flying a hyperlapse and then fly that same hyperlapse again as I understand it. Does that help?
2020-5-3
Use props
lee82gx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435049 ft
United States

Ice_2k Posted at 5-3 04:52
You can record your waypoints while flying a hyperlapse and then fly that same hyperlapse again as I understand it. Does that help?

Hi Ice_2k,
How to you do what you said? To record and fly the same hyperlapse again?
2020-6-3
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

lee82gx Posted at 6-3 20:35
Hi Ice_2k,
How to you do what you said? To record and fly the same hyperlapse again?

It looks like it’s not possible after all. I saw it mentioned in an interview with a DJI representative that was talking about the A2’s features but it looks like he was wrong....
2020-6-3
Use props
fans2560a1f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10230 ft
Australia

Shame DJI shame. Supposedly a modern drone. No waypoint mode is such a spoiler. Unfortunately leaves this drone in the toy category.
2020-8-4
Use props
Carl Bartlett
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169872 ft
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-3 02:59
Hi Willicrash, Mavic Air 2 doesn't support Waypoints currently, it is just a sub-mode of Hyperlapse. Your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Waypoint missions would be amazing!! Hands down,
all around best drone if they incorporate this in futur updates!!
2020-8-4
Use props
Spazoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3148419 ft
  • >>>
United States

I believe waypoints will be added to the MA2.  It does not make sense that DJI would not include the feature.
2020-8-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not as yet - but they took a few months to release it on the M2P so never say never
2020-8-5
Use props
MH Janabi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34285 ft
United Arab Emirates

I wish if DJI will support us on this issue ! at least for the hyperlapse  mode.. imaging you want to do day to night hyper lapse but you can't save the same route
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_0ut5NMcNK9pe
New
United States

I am doing a lot of lurking and just want to know which of the dji drones would be best for waypoints.  The MA2 seems really nice but you guys are outlining the lack of waypoint flight.  I belive this it the main difference of the GO app and the FLY app?  So any of DJI's drones that use GO can navigate to waypoints is my understanding or am i WAY OFF?
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_0ut5NMcNK9pe
New
United States

I am doing a lot of lurking and just want to know which of the dji drones would be best for waypoints.  The MA2 seems really nice but you guys are outlining the lack of waypoint flight.  I belive this it the main difference of the GO app and the FLY app?  So any of DJI's drones that use GO can navigate to waypoints is my understanding or am i WAY OFF?
2020-8-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

My guess (looking to the Mini and before to Spark and Air):
Sometime around new year, DJI may open the bird for 3 party apps
So litchi will deliver mission for the Air 2
2020-8-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Cetacean Posted at 5-3 01:22
Aloha Willi,

It is expected, since DJI opened the SDK for the Mini, some weeks ago.
The Mini is on Fly, too.
The Fly App is just a "surface", Litchi can cover that as soon it is be able to connect to the Air 2
I do not expect DJI to give up on the SDK before early next year (8-10 month after the Air startet selling), The Mini needed about 9-10 month, I think(?)
It might, that this delay was because of Covid 19, somewhere I did read that DJI wanted to open the SDK for the Mini end of April.
Which may get us Litchi options to x-mas!
2020-8-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Spazoo Posted at 8-4 20:47
I believe waypoints will be added to the MA2.  It does not make sense that DJI would not include the feature.

For them it makes a lot sense!
The Air 2 with mission feature will cover most peoples need.
Then the M2 higher price will even more do the selling, methinks!
2020-8-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

djiuser_0ut5NMcNK9pe Posted at 8-5 06:17

I think, you are way off ;-)
There are DJI drones with DJI-mission modes, mission 1 (old mode, you have to fly the mission, saving points, before the bird can fly it)  or mission 2 (where you can plan the mission in the App, but the bird needs to be on, if I remember that right . I don't have a M2, sorry)

And then there is Litchi (and others), who climb on board, as soon DJI is opening the SDK
The Spark had never missions from DJI
But with a modded Go4 it has, with litchi too!
The SDK for the Air 2 is still locked, so right now no missions.
But check with litchi, if they start supporting the mini in the nearer future
In case they do, what I expect, the Air2 will follow in about 6 month or so!
https://dronexl.co/2020/06/15/litchi-mavic-mini-air-2/
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_0ut5NMcNK9pe
New
United States

thank you for your input, y'all have been very helpful.  been talking to a company in San Diego and they're telling me the same thing.  those guys are helpful also.  they will have a "beta" version in just a couple of weeks.  theirs is called map pilot app for ios.  the guys i'm talking to are at "drones made easy".  i think i know which drone i'm going to get now.  
2020-8-5
Use props
SpinkAir
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4426 ft
United States

After reading this entire thread, do you guys still think the MA2 is a worthy purchase over the MA?  I was really hoping for waypoints as well, but it looks like there were several updates over the MA.   If there is even a hint of waypoints supported in the future, I could be tempted....  
2020-8-21
Use props
Alex1976
lvl.4
Flight distance : 556867 ft
Italy

If you need the waypoint flight mode i think you have to look elsewhere
2020-8-22
Use props
George210477
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I believe that DJI will include Waypoints in future dev...if not, than they need to FIRE the marketing and sells managers, as they did not looked into the market...At this point, if they include WAYPOINTS in MA2, is estimated an increase in sells for MA2...and if they don't move fast, another producer will exploit their mistake and will launch a product that is more attractive...so...DJI...think at this !
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_98WgdsGm1C0V
New

Norway

Yo dji. Please add the waypoints to the MA2. After you guys gave us the zoom It is close to perfect, but we need waypoints.
2020-8-26
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

You can save your waypoints for hyperlapse and replay that mission.  I did it the other day, did 9 waypoints, saved the waypoints, brought the drone back, changed batteries, and loaded the save waypoints, very easy.  Granted this is only with hyperlapse, would be awesome if they allowed waypoints without hyperlapse.
2020-8-26
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Waypoints, course lock etc.. should all be available in normal flight mode
2020-8-26
Use props
djiuser_jmTXXQU6b7LN
lvl.1
Chile

September 20th, 2020:
Suggest to hurry in develope an DJI MAVIC AIR 2 GROUND STATION to load WAYPOINTS, either graphically clicking over a GOOGLE EARTH defined polygon or directly loading an UTM coordinates table.

Aditional features for this MA2 FLIGHT MISSION PLANNER shall be a precalculation of the "fuel" resources (battery time) and overall flight time within the drone's capabilities, Way Point Edition/Shifting by dragging points with the mouse over the screen, height profiles, saving missions + always its UTM geodesical tables, programming the cammera's view direction (multiple points of interest) or simply vertical surface scanning, saving results of missions, etc.

It is unbelievable, not logical for any marketing conception, that even more cheaper drones in the market have flight planners, most of them supporting third party ground stations, hence sharing agressively the market.

Please make soon the DJI-MA2 a worthy medium class drone.
2020-9-20
Use props
djiuser_y3ZMz6c9rSUD
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_jmTXXQU6b7LN Posted at 9-20 08:44
September 20th, 2020:
Suggest to hurry in develope an DJI MAVIC AIR 2 GROUND STATION to load WAYPOINTS, either graphically clicking over a GOOGLE EARTH defined polygon or directly loading an UTM coordinates table.

+1 for waypoints in all modes!
2020-9-25
Use props
fans29f28688
lvl.1
Flight distance : 219888 ft
United States

Please add way points to Mavic Air 2/Fly app not only in hyperlapse. Also add "go-to"  as well.  PLEASE PLEASE!!
2020-10-5
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

A feature like Litchi's Mission Hub would be most welcome with the addition of waypoints for the MA2.  Its the only sorely lacking feature now for me.  I have been banging on about Cinematic mode also, but if we were allowed to get Expo for the right stick as have had for the left (Yaw speed and smoothness) then I would be 100% happy.  C'mon DJI, listen to your customers.
2020-10-6
Use props
fans2560a1f7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10230 ft
Australia

No it does not support waypoint missions. I have one and it’s A major omission for a Drone at this price point. Do not buy. Plenty of competition offer this basic feature at a much lower price point. Poor DJI!!
2020-10-9
Use props
emisof
New
Flight distance : 6483 ft
Argentina

Seguramente es mas que nada una decisión comercial y no tiene nada que ver con la ingeniería, ya que si liberan la opción para hacer misiones atreves de waypoints, hacen mas delgada la línea que separa el Mavic Air 2 del Mavic 2 Pro. Mucha gente, profesional o no, que son potenciales clientes del M2P, se volcarían sin dudarlo, al MA2. El M2P esta sobrevaluado y lo saben. Si liberan esta opción conseguirían mas ventas del MA2 naturalmente, disminuyendo las del M2P, su VANT estrella y por el momento no creo que lo hagan, lo opacarían, necesitan e inventan una diferencia técnica, para exigir una diferencia en los precios. MA2= usd 800 vs M2P= usd 1600. Creo que eso va a cambiar cuando discontinúen el M2P y lancen un nuevo modelo que tenga una diferencia tecnológica real respecto del MA2. Hasta tanto, creo que hay que reclamar a la compañía para que habiliten la opción y desear que lancen... la línea Mavic 3.. y que todo tenga mas sentido...
Saludos!

Surely it is more than anything a commercial decision and has nothing to do with engineering, since if they release the option to do missions through waypoints, they thin the line that separates the Mavic Air 2 from the Mavic 2 Pro. Many people, professional or not, who are potential clients of the M2P, would turn to the MA2 without hesitation. The M2P is overpriced and they know it. If they release this option, they would naturally get more sales of the MA2, decreasing those of the M2P, their star UAV and for the moment I don't think they will do it, they would overshadow it, they need and invent a technical difference, to demand a difference in prices. MA2 = usd 800 vs M2P = usd 1600. I think that will change when they discontinue the M2P and launch a new model that has a real technological difference compared to the MA2. Until then, I think we have to claim the company to enable the option and hope that they launch ... the Mavic 3 line ... and that everything makes more sense ...
Greetings!
2020-10-10
Use props
djiuser_jmTXXQU6b7LN
lvl.1
Chile

Dear DJI
Cheaper DJI drones already support flyplanning.
It would be great to have an DJI-app for the laptop,
to plan autonomous flights with Mavic Air 2.
It is becoming a necessity to date, since the MA2+Flymore kit is almost 800 USD worth, a medium category device, not a toy anymore.
DJI promised release the SDK for the MA2 on Q4,
but in my humble opinion, an original DJI app or installable soft would be safer und more reliable for a high investment like the MA2.
Please hurry on this.
2020-10-22
Use props
djiuser_NcX7J7zKZdkj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6310873 ft
United States

My MA2 is being delivered tomorrow and can't wait. I still love my Anafi and am going to miss autonomous flights with the MA2. Either way, the MA2 looks like a blast to fly.
2020-11-4
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

With the Mavic Mini it was the same ... a simple Panorama Mode ... and never appeared in the updates. It was necessary to launch the SDK for Lichi to "offer" Panorama Mode.
Now with MA2, the same thing. It seems that they have common interests!
2020-11-12
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

No it does not yet or  they will put it in Mavic 3
2020-11-12
Use props
123Next >
Advanced