Mavic Mini Gimbal Issues | How To Prevent (100% Effective)
1076 19 2020-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ASTRO1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5253717 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-5-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice advice. But you didn't really show us how to start the motors manually while holding the drone in your hand. I can do it, but I find it a bit tricky. What is your method?
2020-5-3
Use props
ASTRO1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-3 19:10
Nice advice. But you didn't really show us how to start the motors manually while holding the drone in your hand. I can do it, but I find it a bit tricky. What is your method?

Thanks for pointing that out! I have big hands and I can easily just do it with one hand I didn't even think to explain it because I'm used to doing it so naturally.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hold drone in one hand press auto take off with other hand one finger will do....
2020-5-4
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

Maybe try it like this:
Good question if the 2nd CSC starting method still works
2020-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Guys, read more carefully. I was asking how to start the motors MANUALLY, not via the auto takeoff button ;-) I can do it manually like I said but wondered if anyone had a better method.
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

GaryDoug Posted at 5-4 13:36
Guys, read more carefully. I was asking how to start the motors MANUALLY, not via the auto takeoff button ;-) I can do it manually like I said but wondered if anyone had a better method.

3 hands, I always wonder why people ask such questions, I’m trying to figure out what or when you would benefit from manually trying to take off from one hand, forgive me but can you explain how one would benefit from this.
2020-5-4
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 5-4 14:16
3 hands, I always wonder why people ask such questions, I’m trying to figure out what or when you would benefit from manually trying to take off from one hand, forgive me but can you explain how one would benefit from this.

Launching from deep grass, sand, lots of dead leaf debris, from a boat, out the bathroom window.... :-)
2020-5-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 5-4 14:34
Launching from deep grass, sand, lots of dead leaf debris, from a boat, out the bathroom window.... :-)

I’m purely talking about using the auto button as opposed to pulling down two sticks to the corners, I hand launch all the time and I can definitely vouch for both the safest and easiest way to hand launch is with auto take off button. You mention boat try it on the boat sticks to the corner while boat is moving side to side .
2020-5-4
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 5-4 13:36

You just have to hold the sticks down and out or in to initiate motors then with a hand on the rc while holding the drone use the up stick. I personally use the launch button which sometimes is a pain because it is centre on my phone to launch but it works fine for me. I would like to be able to hold the small launch button down at the side instead but it is what it is i guess.
2020-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

OK, I am giving up on this question! I can do it with two hands...awkwardly. I just thought somebody, like the OP, had a better way. Never mind.

I do it on the boat all the time. I want to see the motors run ok before I commit to takeoff, since a goofup here can send it into the drink. Potato/Pawtawto.

2020-5-4
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 5-4 19:05
OK, I am giving up on this question! I can do it with two hands...awkwardly. I just thought somebody, like the OP, had a better way. Never mind.

I do it on the boat all the time. I want to see the motors run ok before I commit to takeoff, since a goofup here can send it into the drink. Potato/Pawtawto.

Once you start the motors you can hold the drone and launch with one hand on the up stick. It's not rocket science. Or just use the auto take off. Same thing.
2020-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I imagine you may have never tried what I am asking. It is not simple. As Hallmark says, you really need 3 hands to do it right. I am talking about doing everything at once, hold the drone and operate both sticks at once. Not picking up the drone after the motors have started. Not invoking the automatic process.
2020-5-5
Use props
ASTRO1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 5-5 04:25
I imagine you may have never tried what I am asking. It is not simple. As Hallmark says, you really need 3 hands to do it right. I am talking about doing everything at once, hold the drone and operate both sticks at once. Not picking up the drone after the motors have started. Not invoking the automatic process.

So what I do is hold the done in my right hand and get it ready to launch then set the controller down somewhere near you, even if its squatting down and setting it on your leg for a second - just so that you can pinch those two sticks together to get the blades going. Once the blades are spinning, I instantly pick up the controller with my left hand, while I still have the drone in my right hand (blades now on) with your left thumb on the stick you can now use that one had to apply up and take off.

Does that work for you? I think it's something I did so fast and naturally I didn't realize the extra steps I was putting into it... Maybe this should be a video of it's own for hand launching DJI products?
2020-5-5
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

GaryDoug Posted at 5-5 04:25
I imagine you may have never tried what I am asking. It is not simple. As Hallmark says, you really need 3 hands to do it right. I am talking about doing everything at once, hold the drone and operate both sticks at once. Not picking up the drone after the motors have started. Not invoking the automatic process.

Have you watched the video I posted? This guy does it.. There is even a trick with the CSC starting method (which I also mentioned).

At first he uses the auto start, then CSC with then pointing the stick up (he rotates the remote) and the trick-method is, to give the drone a little push upward.

Edit: But doing it on a boat, is for sure not easy if the boat moves around to much. Try if the CSC push upward method works. He does that at ~3minutes.
2020-5-5
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

There... Mavic Mini neck strap, aiding to hand launch and land. Very basic simple yet effetive.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33055146025.html

I do not use CSC but just use the take off button.
2020-5-5
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I just use the auto launch button. No need to start motors etc.
2020-5-5
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have the Fly More combo launching off the case works great also. I quite often launch off the case and then do a hand landing at the end of the flight.
2020-5-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ASTRO1 Posted at 5-5 06:12
So what I do is hold the done in my right hand and get it ready to launch then set the controller down somewhere near you, even if its squatting down and setting it on your leg for a second - just so that you can pinch those two sticks together to get the blades going. Once the blades are spinning, I instantly pick up the controller with my left hand, while I still have the drone in my right hand (blades now on) with your left thumb on the stick you can now use that one had to apply up and take off.

Does that work for you? I think it's something I did so fast and naturally I didn't realize the extra steps I was putting into it... Maybe this should be a video of it's own for hand launching DJI products?

Yeah I will try that. Thanks. I do have a neck strap and a tablet attched. I just let it hang and hold the controller to my chest, use the thumb and middle finger to start the Mini, which is in the other hand of course.
2020-5-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

thE29 Posted at 5-5 07:15
Have you watched the video I posted? This guy does it.. There is even a trick with the CSC starting method (which I also mentioned).

At first he uses the auto start, then CSC with then pointing the stick up (he rotates the remote) and the trick-method is, to give the drone a little push upward.

Yes I did. The second method with the CSC is what I used to do before I got the tablet and neck strap. That was even trickier....for me anyway ;-) Thanks.

As for the last method where he does not even use the stick for the actual takeoff, I accidentally discovered that method one night when I tried to hold onto it while idling in my living room. I must have moved it up too much and it tried to fly up very strongly. It surprised me and I held on until it stopped.
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules