Need help with a Firmware question...
1524 7 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Hello, I was wondering if you have to delete the firmware off your SD card after you are done updating your p3 and RC? or do you keep it on the sd card forever, And if so do you delete the old FW off the memory card when there is a new FW available? And then you keep that newer FW on it until a newer FW comes out... lol
Thanks

2015-6-15
Use props
Total
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

I leave ONLY the latest firmware on the sd card .  When you update the RC you will need a USB drive with  the latest firmware .. ONLY one firmware on any card / usb ..
2015-6-15
Use props
jeffgritchen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3117448 ft
United States

No, don't leave it on the card. After you update the firmware you should format the card in the P3 via the DJI Pilot app
2015-6-15
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just to clarify.
You CAN leave the LATEST firmware ( always remove older ones ) on the SD card. Best to delete the TXT files the firmware upgrade creates though.

The ONLY advantage of doin this is if you have more than one battery or buy them regularly, you will not forget to update their firmware as it will do a version check as you power on the Phantom and update the battery if needed.

I suppose there is a *slight increase in power-up time as it needs to version check first but its only slight.

You can now buy the official DJI Hardshell Backpack for the Phantom 3
Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying
www.Phantom-Guide.co.uk - The Ultimate Phantom 3 Resource

2015-6-15
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Okay thank you guys, so I'm leaving the latest FW on the card until a newer FW arrives and then remove the older one. And if I format the card would the FW be removed or something?
2015-6-16
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jack57, yes, everything will be erased on the memory card if you format it.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-16
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jack57, the memory card that comes with the Phantom works fine as-is right out of the box. If you purchase a new memory card, format it once via the DJI Pilot application. After that point, there is no need to format it again unless you're experiencing some kind of trouble with it.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-16
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

So then after I updated my RC, P3 and any xtra batts with the new FW on the SD card I should format it after. right? Cause people have said on on YouTube videos and other forums that you should always leave the FW on your SD card... And others say that you should always format your SD card before flying...
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules