Mavic Air 2 and approve for the new European
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Telpat
New

Belgium

Hello,

could you tell me if the Mavic Air 2 and approve for the new European standard on Drones (A1 - A2 - A3). If not, it is quite possible that once arrived on the market, this discourages the buyer potential (I am in this situation). I do not want to acquire a drone which risks not being approved and to resort to possible legal proceedings and penalties.

2020-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From other threads on the forum, its not been classified by the EU and it cannot be done retrospectively once its left the factory.  See this video about it -
2020-5-5
Use props
Telpat
New

Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 5-5 06:20
From other threads on the forum, its not been classified by the EU and it cannot be done retrospectively once its left the factory.  See this video about it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnPWECMPSis

Well it's a shame, I think a lot of Europeans are not going to pass the step and it's sad and not professional to have put a new drone on the market without having contested possible aeronotic law and especially knowing what should have happened on drones.
2020-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Telpat Posted at 5-5 07:40
Well it's a shame, I think a lot of Europeans are not going to pass the step and it's sad and not professional to have put a new drone on the market without having contested possible aeronotic law and especially knowing what should have happened on drones.

I agree.
2020-5-5
Use props
Telpat
New

Belgium

DJI could perhaps provide a separate ADS-C module to place it on their unmanned drones to make them accessible. I think DJI has the technical means and the know-how to do this kind of thing. Do you think this would be worth thinking about?
2020-5-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Telpat Posted at 5-5 09:06
DJI could perhaps provide a separate ADS-C module to place it on their unmanned drones to make them accessible. I think DJI has the technical means and the know-how to do this kind of thing. Do you think this would be worth thinking about?

It would cause an issue with warranty as they glue up some of the screws so they know if its been tampered with.  I can't see them doing that.
2020-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules