Active Track with phone only
1189 9 2020-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

I am trying to determine how Active Track 3.0 works if I am using my phone to control the drone.  With the original Mavic Air, the drone would follow for 100 meters and then hover until you reinitiated the Active Track.  Has this been addressed with the Air 2?  I don't want to have to bring my controller with me on my bike.
2020-5-6
Use props
Ashlukewalton
lvl.2

Australia

You can't fly the MA2 with only the phone. It doesn't use a wifi signal to communicate anymore.
2020-5-6
Use props
Canefan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 88074 ft
United States

Whoa!!! Is that true?  So in order to use Active Track while skiing, biking, running etc, you have to have the controller with you?  I was considering an upgrade, but that's a deal breaker for me.  Might have to look at Skydio as it seems to operate more autonomously.
2020-5-6
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Canefan Posted at 5-6 07:25
Whoa!!! Is that true?  So in order to use Active Track while skiing, biking, running etc, you have to have the controller with you?  I was considering an upgrade, but that's a deal breaker for me.  Might have to look at Skydio as it seems to operate more autonomously.

Does your phone have ocusync 2.0? If not then it's true.

I am glad this doesn't use wifi anymore. But could've included gesture mode so you could fly without the remote.
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

him7403 Posted at 5-6 09:18

I am glad this doesn't use wifi anymore. But could've included gesture mode so you could fly without the remote.

So you’d prefer WiFi ?, or not ?
2020-5-6
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140043 ft
Norway

him7403 Posted at 5-6 09:18

Gesture mode - yes. Should been an update on the app to fix that!
2020-5-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Canefan Posted at 5-6 07:25

Well you’ll need a beacon ! It seems that people want Ocysync to work like WiFi . A very small back pack will hold controller. I just wonder how long it takes to get back up the slope when craft loses its subject, then the whole process of of waving like you’re having an epileptic fit ;+)... to get it back down . I think with AT its always better to have some manual control.

But yeah if you want a specialized drone for one thing the Skydio is definitely better at tracking, it will also set you back $500 more if you get RC and beacon.
2020-5-6
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

I'm guessing an option would be for you to be tracked and hand someone else the controller.  Agree, not the same, as my Spark, but I'm jazzed for the technology upgrade, no wifi cutouts, etc.  
2020-5-7
Use props
wictor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79436 ft

Germany

Cravenfan Posted at 5-7 09:22
I'm guessing an option would be for you to be tracked and hand someone else the controller.  Agree, not the same, as my Spark, but I'm jazzed for the technology upgrade, no wifi cutouts, etc.

At that point the person with the controller could just fly the drone and track you manually. It defeats the whole purpose of having ActiveTrack in the first place.
2020-5-7
Use props
Cravenfan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125256 ft
United States

wictor Posted at 5-7 12:19
At that point the person with the controller could just fly the drone and track you manually. It defeats the whole purpose of having ActiveTrack in the first place.

Looks like you throw it in the fanny pack then...
2020-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules