6th flight - Air unit dead? No response, no light on unit
5879 9 2020-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Hey, 6th flight since purchasing. Video disappeared out of the goggles (luckily low level in my garden). The air unit now does not power on. There is no light on the unit, I've tried hooking it up to the dji assistant to no avail. It doesn't seem to recognize it's there to connect to (lipo plugged in). Tried plugging the drone in and re-pairing via the paper clip clicker.... nothing.

I've checked the plugs from the unit to the FC, all in tact....

The unit remains cold when the drone is plugged in...

Can anyone help? Surely it couldn't break after 6 flights?!?!!
2020-5-7
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

You haven’t provided much to go on. What flight controller? Were you running 4 or 6s? The air unit could have been defective and failed, but the flight controllers 9v regulator could have failed. If you have a multimeter, you can check the flight controllers power connection for the air unit.
2020-5-7
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the air unit is not being powered, it will not connect to DJI assistant. The fact that it does not connect does not mean it’s bad. It may just not be receiving power.
2020-5-7
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Apologies was in a rush to post before going to work. I have a TITAN DC5 6S

- 1x DJI Digital HD FPV Air Unit (FPV Camera + Air Unit Module)
- 1x TPU Bracket for DJI Air Unit Module
- 1x TPU Antenna holder for DJI antenna
- 2x TPU camera side plate soft mount
- 1x iFlight Lipo Strap
- 2x Nazgul 5140 Propeller (Set of 4 - Color May Vary)
- 4x XING 2207 Motor Unibell (6S 1800KV)
- 1x SucceX- F7 Flight Controller (https://shop.iflight-rc.com/inde ... =1043&search=f7)
- 1x SucceX BLHeli32 50A 4-in-1 ESC 2-6S
- 2x DJI FPV Air Unit Antenna (MMCX 90° - Pair) (From Air Unit Packaging)

Good point I will disassemble the drone tomorrow and test the power through the FC. I was hoping this was a common issue and an easy solution!
2020-5-7
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Either bad 9V voltage regulator on the FC, or bad connection between FC and AU.  
2020-5-9
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Hey, just an update and a thank you for the pointers. As posted by others it was the 9v pad that was bad. A little frustrating considering how new it is. Currently trying to look at warranty on the FC with Banggood (which will likely take ages) and ive ordered a BEC so as to power the air unit.
2020-5-10
Use props
ZhaLinth
lvl.2

Germany

Could you post a picture of your FC from both sides.
I think I have the same stack Succex-D F7. It flew fine on 4S but on 6S both 3V and 9V BECs fried.

I got the same FC again, strangely it had a different board layout and it flies fine on 6S, about 50 packs without a hitch.

Maybe there was a known problem and iFlight did a quiet revision of the FC but there are still some old faulty ones in circulation.
2020-5-12
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Sure, see links:-
fc
fc
2020-5-12
Use props
ZhaLinth
lvl.2

Germany

Looks exactly like my new one that works perfectly so far. Hopefully Banggood exchanges this for you under warranty.
Don't forget to solder a cap on it. Some people on reddit pointed out that while unlikely a voltage spike might've fried my BECs(didn't have a cap on first time).
2020-5-13
Use props
Gurusi
lvl.2

Canada

Thanks for confirming. No reply from Banggood as yet, it will be a long back and forth I'm sure.

Yes I have a cap pre fc on the esc board battery connector pads.
2020-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules