W A R N I N G on deleted files!
6501 17 2020-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Bitless
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1495538 ft
Sweden

A whole new discovery and *bleep annoying.
This is the first time the drone is connected to the control when I manually deleted 100 cached files.
1. Craft connected to the control
2. 4 GB set cached
3. Manually deleted cached files.
4. They were also gone on the SD card into the craft!!!!
5. Tried to recover deleted files, they were overwritten !!
If the control is not connected to drones, the files on the SD card will not be erased!
See picture!
be aware.jpg
ytc-MVty.jpg
2020-5-9
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never seen anything like this. I'll have to check it out on mine,
2020-5-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What did you use to see the deleted files?
2020-5-11
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I always take the card out to do the transfer, then delete the files when I am sure they have been copied to the pc.
2020-5-11
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cached files are stored on the device not the SD card. Deleting cache doesn't delete anything on the SD card.

Are you talking about the album page from the fly screen? If so, that is actually the SD card previews so if you delete them you are deleting them from the SD card. If you have the controller attached and drone on you can access the SD card media that way. If you just have the device by itself using the gallery on the main screen not fly screen it uses the cache files instead.
2020-5-11
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 01:40
What did you use to see the deleted files?

Recuva Free:
http://www.ccleaner.com/recuva
2020-5-11
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

deathsquad Posted at 5-11 12:50
Cached files are stored on the device not the SD card. Deleting cache doesn't delete anything on the SD card.

Are you talking about the album page from the fly screen? If so, that is actually the SD card previews so if you delete them you are deleting them from the SD card. If you have the controller attached and drone on you can access the SD card media that way. If you just have the device by itself using the gallery on the main screen not fly screen it uses the cache files instead.

THX 4 reply!

I know where cached files are stored and they are for sure located on a SD-card into SONY cell!
But used a function of Android to move APPS from internal mem to external SD-card!

NO, I used Android photo album built into Sony Xperia XA1 Ultra to remove.
2020-5-11
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I don't think you understand what "cache" files are. They are files stored on a local disk, basically meaning your device not the SD card. It's a copy of the main SD card file where things like lower quality video files and any downloaded images reside. If you deleted files from the SD card you aren't deleting cache files, you are deleting the original files from the SD card from the main gallery on the DJI fly app.
2020-5-11
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

deathsquad Posted at 5-11 14:08
I don't think you understand what "cache" files are. They are files stored on a local disk, basically meaning your device not the SD card. It's a copy of the main SD card file where things like lower quality video files and any downloaded images reside. If you deleted files from the SD card you aren't deleting cache files, you are deleting the original files from the SD card from the main gallery on the DJI fly app.

Well, all DJI's files (APP-files included) are STORED on the SD-CARD on my Sony cell!
2020-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Bitless Posted at 5-11 15:10
Well, all DJI's files (APP-files included) are STORED on the SD-CARD on my Sony cell!
[view_image]

Those are just the low resolution cache files, the real, high resolution files, are only stored on the SD card in the aircraft, and nowhere else.
2020-5-11
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 5-11 15:17
Those are just the low resolution cache files, the real, high resolution files, are only stored on the SD card in the aircraft, and nowhere else.

Yeah and my first post (picture included) is from the SD-card 1 from the craft!
I do have another SD-card 2 mounted into my cell.
2020-5-11
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Bitless Posted at 5-11 15:10
[view_image]

Not all the files, only cache video files and photos you actually download from the fly app album to the device. If you are deleting the drone SD card files you aren't deleting cache files or files on your Sony device SD card...
The app only cache's smaller lower quality video files. All your high resolution video and images are stored on the drone SD card. If you are getting confused turn the caching off. It's not that hard to grasp though really...
2020-5-11
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

deathsquad Posted at 5-11 15:34
Not all the files, only cache video files and photos you actually download from the fly app album to the device. If you are deleting the drone SD card files you aren't deleting cache files or files on your Sony device SD card...
The app only cache's smaller lower quality video files. All your high resolution video and images are stored on the drone SD card. If you are getting confused turn the caching off. It's not that hard to grasp though really...

I never download from the fly app to the device. The editor is totally crap.
I take out the SD-card 1 from the craft, plugin SD-card 1 via USB 3.1 on computer!

Why don't you chk the overwritten files in the picture? That's the main issue!!
2020-5-11
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

Flycaster Posted at 5-11 11:34
I always take the card out to do the transfer, then delete the files when I am sure they have been copied to the pc.

Exactly the same way as I do!
Then there are forum users who are too quick to shine!

And I bet they don't know the difference between virus and bacteria vs swapfiles and pagefiles. DJI uses LINUX system.
2020-5-11
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Bitless Posted at 5-11 15:46
I never download from the fly app to the device. The editor is totally crap.
I take out the SD-card 1 from the craft, plugin SD-card 1 via USB 3.1 on computer!

Your first post talks about deleting cache files using the drone connected. Not taking an SD card out and copying files to a computer.
2020-5-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The Bitless Posted at 5-11 15:26
Yeah and my first post (picture included) is from the SD-card 1 from the craft!
I do have another SD-card 2 mounted into my cell.

"Yeah and my first post (picture included) is from the SD-card 1 from the craft!"

I am puzzled that so many of the files in your first image are all around 80 to 90 Megabytes in size? They are all a similar size to the cache files, which suggests they are not full resolution movies. They are way too small in size? If that really was the SD card from the aircraft, I would be expecting to see some file sizes in the Gigabyte range. Did you do a lot of very short recordings?
2020-5-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Bitless Posted at 5-11 13:43
Recuva Free:
http://www.ccleaner.com/recuva

thanks.
2020-5-12
Use props
The Bitless
Second Officer
Sweden

Geebax Posted at 5-11 21:07
"Yeah and my first post (picture included) is from the SD-card 1 from the craft!"

I am puzzled that so many of the files in your first image are all around 80 to 90 Megabytes in size? They are all a similar size to the cache files, which suggests they are not full resolution movies. They are way too small in size? If that really was the SD card from the aircraft, I would be expecting to see some file sizes in the Gigabyte range. Did you do a lot of very short recordings?

IT's the SD card 1 for sure mounted into the drone, YES!
Many quick shots and interrupt them .
2020-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules