Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When will DJI add AirSense on the EU version?
12Next >
10782 57 2020-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Snopmaster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140043 ft
Norway

Have DJI comment on when they will add AirSense on the European MA2?
2020-5-10
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

well the DJI moderators have made such statements, using terminology like near future, so probably they don't have idea...
2020-5-10
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.3
Norway

sbonev Posted at 5-10 09:37
well the DJI moderators have made such statements, using terminology like near future, so probably they don't have idea...

Come over this article

https://www.techradar.com/news/s ... rsense-alert-system
2020-5-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Check this article.

https://www.techradar.com/news/s ... rsense-alert-system
2020-5-10
Use props
Snopmaster
lvl.3
Norway

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 09:40
Check this article.

https://www.techradar.com/news/should-you-buy-a-dji-mavic-air-2-without-the-airsense-alert-system

Hehe...found  it my self too... maybe it’s nothing too think about???
2020-5-10
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 638911 ft
France

Here is the official statment from DJI regarding the implementation of ADS-B-IN
https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... new-consumer-drones
All new DJI drone models released after January 1, 2020 that weigh more than 250 grams will include AirSense technology, which receives ADS-B signals from nearby airplanes and helicopters and warns drone pilots if they appear to be on a collision course. This will be the largest single deployment of ADS-B collision awareness technology to date, and sets a new standard by putting professional-grade aviation safety technology in drones available to everyone.
2020-5-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Snopmaster. Only North America is available for the ADS-B version (Airsense) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website. Please stay tuned.
2020-5-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 09:40
Check this article.

https://www.techradar.com/news/should-you-buy-a-dji-mavic-air-2-without-the-airsense-alert-system

I think the article forgot to mention, Police and Ambulance helicopters and the military,  all fly under 500ft from time to time.
2020-5-11
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

Either I am blind or i have never read anything about the distance from an aircraft when a warning ? an info ? appears.
2020-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 5-11 02:24
Either I am blind or i have never read anything about the distance from an aircraft when a warning ? an info ? appears.

There is no distance rule, it’s responsibility of drone pilot to both spot and get out of the way of manned aircraft. Most manned aircraft and helicopters can be heard 5 miles away and seen much further than that.
2020-5-11
Use props
jonny007
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 5-11 02:54
There is no distance rule, it’s responsibility of drone pilot to both spot and get out of the way of manned aircraft. Most manned aircraft and helicopters can be heard 5 miles away and seen much further than that.

But that was not the question, otherwise the message would appear even if the plane is still 5000 km away. Of course, the information or warning will only be displayed from a certain distance to the aircraft. The question was when. In the video from 2:37 you can see Airsense in action. I measured based on the scale, in that case it was 2500 meters, probably even more, because the message was already displayed. First an info (aircraft detected nearby) appears, then a warning (aircraft approaching)

2020-5-11
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 5-11 02:54

man you really just reply for the sport, no thinking, no reading of the question...are you that bored, probably you need new hobby or work. so you stop wasting your time arguing with the whole world???
2020-5-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

sbonev Posted at 5-11 09:55
man you really just reply for the sport, no thinking, no reading of the question...are you that bored, probably you need new hobby or work. so you stop wasting your time arguing with the whole world???

You have a great ability to comment while saying nothing...LMAO.....
2020-5-11
Use props
rmz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 567936 ft
Portugal

Same question because paying much more in Europe for less features doesn't seems to me DJI likes European Costumers at all.

For the skeptics, Airsense is a must especially in cost lines where most planes fly iat very low altitudes. Having a warning that a plane is near by is a must, even when they are wrong flying at an altitude that it's not allowed for them. If you don't need that feature, fine. Respect the others who like the feature and waited for this when DJI made that promised for all drones in 2020 with more than 250g.

Couldn't make it because of COVID-19? No problem.. just make the drone cheaper! We are paying literally almost more 100 dolars for the same drone with less features. This is not a good practice at all...

2020-5-18
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
France

No more to say ...
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rmz Posted at 5-18 02:37
Same question because paying much more in Europe for less features doesn't seems to me DJI likes European Costumers at all.

For the skeptics, Airsense is a must especially in cost lines where most planes fly iat very low altitudes. Having a warning that a plane is near by is a must, even when they are wrong flying at an altitude that it's not allowed for them. If you don't need that feature, fine. Respect the others who like the feature and waited for this when DJI made that promised for all drones in 2020 with more than 250g.

I think it will come, but when is the question, you need to know flying with Airsense that only just over 40% of light aircraft use ADSB, so if anyone thinks that they can relax about flying VLOS or any kind of flying, then they get lured into a false sense of security. 60% of all light aircraft don’t use ADSB so you should ask yourself the question, how are you going to avoid these !

If people are flying in hotspot areas and worry what’s flying in their area a simple app. Like flight radar will give you information of all 100% craft flying in your area. But it’s unlikely that more 5% of drone users use such apps, and why ? Probably because 95% of people don’t care, because if they did then they would be already using these apps.

ADSB May well be the way in the future , particularly if it can ever show your position in the air and alert you to any possible changes to your area.

Whether we paid or not is disputable , all European countries have varying degrees of taxes so in order for dji to sell in Europe they need to come up with a base price that suits every country in Europe. Dji goods have been consistently more expensive in Europe for the last 6 years, except for when US tariffs were unduly high and during this period European dji goods were in fact cheaper, so it’s not certain that any rip off is going on here, and I’m certain if this was the case we would hear this from retailers whom seem to be very quiet on the subject.

One other thing you need to remember, it looks from what I’ve seen this craft is going to rise steeply in price in the near future.
2020-5-18
Use props
rmz
lvl.3
Portugal

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 04:50
I think it will come, but when is the question, you need to know flying with Airsense that only just over 40% of light aircraft use ADSB, so if anyone thinks that they can relax about flying VLOS or any kind of flying, then they get lured into a false sense of security. 60% of all light aircraft don’t use ADSB so you should ask yourself the question, how are you going to avoid these !

If people are flying in hotspot areas and worry what’s flying in their area a simple app. Like flight radar will give you information of all 100% craft flying in your area. But it’s unlikely that more 5% of drone users use such apps, and why ? Probably because 95% of people don’t care, because if they did then they would be already using these apps.

At the moment yes, can give you a false sense of security but you are wrong in two points.

ADS-B will be mandatory worldwide. It is in the US and will be in Europe. Other countries will obviously follow because air regulations are usually worldwide, especially when it comes to transponders.

And flight radar doesn't give you 100% accuracy at all. In fact, Flight Radar uses ABS-B but over internet, and if some connection or "server" fails, you get no information. Besides, you need Internet connection to use it and in some places we go this can be compromised.

In my ocasion I don't even use Internet connection because I have one cellphone dedicated to the drone without sim card, I don't like to use my own phone because any incoming call can be very distracting. And there are also people who have the DJI Smart Controller without any Internet connection at all, so a standalone solution for ADS-B it's the best solution for sure.

Take a look at the Commission Regulation (EU) No 1207/201 about the ADS-B mandatory in Europe, starting this year for most, if not all, aircrafts.
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rmz Posted at 5-18 07:32
At the moment yes, can give you a false sense of security but you are wrong in two points.

ADS-B will be mandatory worldwide. It is in the US and will be in Europe. Other countries will obviously follow because air regulations are usually worldwide, especially when it comes to transponders.

I have been keeping an eye on ADSB for drones, EASA have basically rejected it and FAA look like they will opt for different system most likely developed by commercial bodies for profit. ADSB for small manned aircraft, yes this will happen but I’m afraid when it comes to hobbyists or enthusiasts flying drones ADSB has a long way to go. I appreciate it has been left out of European drones and was promised, so unless for those who really need it, I would say if you want the drone get it, because it could be 2021 before it’s implemented in Air2. For those who absolutely need Airsense then wait . Myself I know M3 will have it so I don’t mind waiting for that drone to get Airsense but if I thought I could save €100 I’d gladly say no. It will not give anymore freedom to fly will have no added benefit to commercial pilots, they will still have to seek permission to fly and provide SOP to do so, Airsense will just become a plane spotters gadget for drone users. I would think 99% of users will never see a manned aircraft in their airspace below 400ft and if they do they will see it 5/10 miles away.

I do believe in 5 years time drones will have completely different systems that will receive and project all drone flights and this will become the norm for drone flying.
2020-5-18
Use props
rmz
lvl.3
Portugal

For drones its not mandatory in EU, just like RemoteID will probably never be, because of our privacy laws, but for manned aircrafts, ADS-B will be and was chosen as a standard because it's the most recent one and the lack of standards it's really bad for aviation.

Airplanes must have ADS-B (Transmitt and Receive) and drones that have this technology like AirSense (that its only ADS-B in passive mode) can spot them, so I think its a really cool tech. And since my plan its to have this drone for at least 2-3 years, I prefer to wait until DJI delivers this tech in EU.

I live near to two airfields and even in the areas that I can fly safely according to the maps of my country, it's somehow common to spot aircrafts flying very low and we all know that in case of some accident happens, its always the drone pilot fault.... just like at beaches too... out of nowhere, they happear and fly very low with those banners so airsense its that tech that i trully praise and also gives me a new hope for a less strict rules agains drone pilots.

There's also one important details... if we travel to the US, since our version doesn't have Airsense, we will be banned in a second. So European travelers are screwed in the US

2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

rmz Posted at 5-18 09:52
For drones its not mandatory in EU, just like RemoteID will probably never be, because of our privacy laws, but for manned aircrafts, ADS-B will be and was chosen as a standard because it's the most recent one and the lack of standards it's really bad for aviation.

Airplanes must have ADS-B (Transmitt and Receive) and drones that have this technology like AirSense (that its only ADS-B in passive mode) can spot them, so I think its a really cool tech. And since my plan its to have this drone for at least 2-3 years, I prefer to wait until DJI delivers this tech in EU.

Your right it’s cool,, and that’s about it for now. With regards to US, you’re wrong the FAA have rejected the idea of using ADSB in favour of their own system for drones.
2020-5-18
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Switzerland

well now that DJI are facing ban on sales of most quads in the US they might divert some ADS-B chips to European models...

And as for its usefulness time will tell -  for example here in Zurich helis fly quite low very often in the city, the other day one passed 2 times around my location at no more than 50 m above my point, so on the slim chance they have ADS-B, it is way better to have it than not.
2020-5-18
Use props
rmz
lvl.3
Portugal

sbonev Posted at 5-18 12:30
well now that DJI are facing ban on sales of most quads in the US they might divert some ADS-B chips to European models...

And as for its usefulness time will tell -  for example here in Zurich helis fly quite low very often in the city, the other day one passed 2 times around my location at no more than 50 m above my point, so on the slim chance they have ADS-B, it is way better to have it than not.

DroneDJ “ US government shuns DJI drones while Europe embraces them”

The irony, having this topic in mind... so lets hope they now remember us.

2020-5-18
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-18 04:50
I think it will come, but when is the question, you need to know flying with Airsense that only just over 40% of light aircraft use ADSB, so if anyone thinks that they can relax about flying VLOS or any kind of flying, then they get lured into a false sense of security. 60% of all light aircraft don’t use ADSB so you should ask yourself the question, how are you going to avoid these !

Can I just ask where you saw the information regards a price increase please?

I've been on the fence due to the lack of certification and ADS-B, but I'm slowly coming round to the idea that neither will matter for the likely lifetime of the Air 2, so thinking of pulling the trigger.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see DJI hike the price once ADS-B is added, so just interested to know where you saw the info on pricing?
2020-5-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Red Zeppelin Posted at 5-18 23:21
Can I just ask where you saw the information regards a price increase please?

I've been on the fence due to the lack of certification and ADS-B, but I'm slowly coming round to the idea that neither will matter for the likely lifetime of the Air 2, so thinking of pulling the trigger.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215673
2020-5-19
Use props
sbonev
Captain
Switzerland

rmz Posted at 5-18 16:20
DroneDJ “ US government shuns DJI drones while Europe embraces them”

The irony, having this topic in mind... so lets hope they now remember us.

if this happens they will even certify the new drones accordingly very fast...
2020-5-19
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Captain
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 5-19 01:00
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=215673

Ah, OK, thanks for the info. I saw that thread, but wonder if it'll be applicable in the UK. I know the USA were paying higher prices due to tariffs on Chinese goods, but looks like this is Canada so wondering where they're getting the price hike info from.

As I said, I expect to pay more for the second wave with AirSense, but I'd be surprised if we saw this level of price rise on the first wave. Would put it in Mavic Pro 2 territory, which doesn't really make sense. Guess time will tell.
2020-5-19
Use props
rmz
lvl.3
Portugal

Well the right thing to do it's making the Mavic Air 2 (Airsense) at the current price (that its already high) and make a discount on the versions that doesn't have Airsense... but Im honestly having trust issues with DJI right now. I truly hope they learn from this big mistake.
2020-5-19
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
France

ADS-B version should be cheaper, since the US version is cheaper than the EU version
2020-5-19
Use props
fansd59551e2
First Officer
Flight distance : 2340295 ft
  • >>>
Greece

rmz Posted at 5-18 02:37

totally aggree!
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_9CAYC6dGM7Zd
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

Hello guys. I just receive my MA2 recently and it has an ADS-B Airsense sticker in it. But when I turn on the unit and check on the advance safety settings I cannot find the Airsense settings. I ordered my drone outside of the US.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_ktilMClA33az
lvl.1

Venezuela

djiuser_9CAYC6dGM7Zd Posted at 5-21 12:53
Hello guys. I just receive my MA2 recently and it has an ADS-B Airsense sticker in it. But when I turn on the unit and check on the advance safety settings I cannot find the Airsense settings. I ordered my drone outside of the US.

Hello, I'm the same, I ordered it in the dji store to send it to Miami and the option or icon of the plane does not appear
2020-5-21
Use props
xyntax
lvl.1

United Arab Emirates

djiuser_ktilMClA33az Posted at 5-21 16:50
Hello, I'm the same, I ordered it in the dji store to send it to Miami and the option or icon of the plane does not appear

so you are living in the US and still not be able to use Airsense? Someone from DJI should explain this.
2020-5-21
Use props
djiuser_ZpihccQ8phj5
New

United Kingdom

Any updates on a UK release date yet?
2020-6-14
Use props
fansc57efdc0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232992 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Really hoping for an update soon
2020-6-16
Use props
JaBer-H6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482 ft

Netherlands

hey, when Mavic Air 2 ADS-B will be available in Ireland or Europe?
we pay more for less and yet we get ignored too
2020-6-16
Use props
castormalin
Second Officer
France

Hello DJI . Same question. Why customers outside US pay more for less features ?
How much do you estimate the value of an European customer vs an US customer ?
2020-6-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

castormalin Posted at 6-17 02:01
Hello DJI . Same question. Why customers outside US pay more for less features ?
How much do you estimate the value of an European customer vs an US customer ?

They apparently already have:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D556%26typeid%3D556
2020-6-17
Use props
vpomax
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-10 21:17
Hi, Snopmaster. Only North America is available for the ADS-B version (Airsense) drone at present. We are working on it to ensure drones sold in other regions will be equipped with such a feature in the near future. If there is any information released, it will be updated on the official website. Please stay tuned.

At now June 21st 2020... are Mavic Air2 sold in Europe officially equipped with ADS-B Airsense feature???
2020-6-20
Use props
JaBer-H6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 482 ft

France

vpomax Posted at 6-20 23:32
At now June 21st 2020... are Mavic Air2 sold in Europe officially equipped with ADS-B Airsense feature???

I guess ignoring you mean yes still only in USA and Canada. Europe have no ADS-B and No CE C1 certificate new EU law which effective july 01 2020.
2020-6-25
Use props
Acerr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1857936 ft
Poland

JaBer-H6 Posted at 6-25 00:22
I guess ignoring you mean yes still only in USA and Canada. Europe have no ADS-B and No CE C1 certificate new EU law which effective july 01 2020.

The new EU law is postponed until 01.01.2021 so I guess there won't be drones with new certificate this year.
2020-6-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules