Mavic Air 2 missing parts, help!!
10473 19 2020-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John30563
lvl.1
Flight distance : 352592 ft
United States

I'm beyond MAD with DJI.  Got my Mavic Air 2 today, a day later than promised I might add.  I bought from Best Buy.  Well, it was short the Apple cable.  And guess what I use to fly my drones?  That's right Apple products.  Which I might add the little short RC cables are not going to work to fly using an iPad anyway!!  So after an hour in queue waiting on DJI they tell me to contact Best Buy.  They cannot help me.  Then Best Buy tells me they cannot help me another hour later.  So I figure, no big deal, I have a few USB-C to Lightening cables laying around.  But apparently those aren't the same.  Because I can power up the drone and power up the remote, fire up the app, and it doesn't recognize the device as plugged in.  Ive tried my iPad and my iPhone both.  So I now have in my possession a $1000 useless drone!!  And no one wants to own up and help me.  So I am BEYOND MAD!!!  Anyone else?

2020-5-13
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Your missing parts is missing on this post lol
2020-5-13
Use props
John30563
lvl.1
United States

Pilot.Isaac Posted at 5-13 19:36
Your missing parts is missing on this post lol

What the heck!!?

I'll post here, since apparently I can't post yet for some reason I cannot figure out.  I'm beyond MAD with DJI.  Got my Mavic Air 2 today, a day later than promised I might add.  I bought from Best Buy.  Well, it was short the Apple cable.  And guess what I use to fly my drones?  That's right Apple products.  Which I might add the little short RC cables are not going to work to fly using an iPad anyway!!  So after an hour in queue waiting on DJI they tell me to contact Best Buy.  They cannot help me.  Then Best Buy tells me they cannot help me another hour later.  So I figure, no big deal, I have a few USB-C to Lightening cables laying around.  But apparently those aren't the same.  Because I can power up the drone and power up the remote, fire up the app, and it doesn't recognize the device as plugged in.  Ive tried my iPad and my iPhone both.  So I now have in my possession a $1000 useless drone!!  And no one wants to own up and help me.  So I am BEYOND MAD!!!  Anyone else?
2020-5-13
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Others have reported that they're in little inside pockets in the case.
2020-5-13
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The Lightning cable should be pre-attached to the controller behind the antenna/device holder, and the USB-C and Mini USB cable are separate accessories in the box. But since the OP tried another cable, he must already looked at the controller and determined that the cable is in fact missing.
2020-5-13
Use props
John30563
lvl.1
United States

Man, these things need better instructions.  I just assumed the cables plugged into the bottom like on my old Mavic Air 1.  That was stupid on my part.  After reading your post I went and looked and found the cable underneath the device holder.  Wow, sad that I missed that, but even more sad that after spending an hour on chat with a DJI Support person they couldn't simply tell me that.  Thanks so much for the help!!!!
2020-5-13
Use props
ICDroneSE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 622575 ft
United States

John30563 Posted at 5-13 20:15
Man, these things need better instructions.  I just assumed the cables plugged into the bottom like on my old Mavic Air 1.  That was stupid on my part.  After reading your post I went and looked and found the cable underneath the device holder.  Wow, sad that I missed that, but even more sad that after spending an hour on chat with a DJI Support person they couldn't simply tell me that.  Thanks so much for the help!!!!

HAHAHAHA I'm dead. FYI the quick start guide tells you all of that, lol. Always just skim over the quick start guide and other manual to learn about how to maintain the batteries
2020-5-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, John30563. We are glad you have found the cable beneath the device holder. I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused, Please refer to the User Manual for more information. I hope you enjoy your flight. Thanks for your support and understanding.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

2020-5-13
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

BKahuna Posted at 5-13 19:43
Others have reported that they're in little inside pockets in the case.

Yes, check inside all the pockets in the case that comes with the Fly More Combo. I had some cables and extra controller sticks hidden in one of the pockets.
2020-5-14
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

John30563 Posted at 5-13 19:37
What the heck!!?

On mine (came today) the apple cable was IN the controller. Took me a while to find the other two cables.
2020-5-14
Use props
JohnK48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311020 ft
United States

John30563 Posted at 5-13 19:37
What the heck!!?

you may well need to remove phone from protective case (I had to). The plug needs to fit snuggly.
2020-5-14
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

always pay to have a spare android phone just in case
2020-5-14
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 374557 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Man, these things need better instructions.  I just assumed the cables plugged into the bottom like on my old Mavic Air 1.  That was stupid on my part.  After reading your post I went and looked and found the cable underneath the device holder.  Wow, sad that I missed that, but even more sad that after spending an hour on chat with a DJI Support person they couldn't simply tell me that.  Thanks so much for the help!!!!

only if you had gone through the user manual..
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_HrCcSVuVkvRH
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

The same happened to me. The other cables, battery adapter and filter were in a zippered pocket on the top of the bag. The manual does not tell where are the cables.
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_HrCcSVuVkvRH
lvl.1
Puerto Rico

2020-5-14
Use props
RottbiteP4
lvl.1

United States

I was having the same problem and read up to the point that there may be another small pocket that may hold the lightening cable. But after looking I didn’t find anymore pockets than I did when I first looked. Then I decided to check to see if the controller had its own little control sticks since apparently I found the spare in one of the “hidden” pockets. So after finding the sticks on the bottom I decided to find the plug and noticed the two black square looking rubber blocks. After pulling away the the spring loaded camera holder I noticed that it was plug and of course it was the missing one. Came here to be the hero but the answer was here! I only I read a couple more responses I would have read where they were rather than waste more time trying to find it. Really is stupid that it doesn’t show it in the remote somewhere on the manuals or video.
image.jpg
image.jpg
2020-6-11
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Except it is in the documentation...
2020-6-11
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Man, these things need better instructions.  I just assumed the cables plugged into the bottom like on my old Mavic Air 1.  That was stupid on my part.  After reading your post I went and looked and found the cable underneath the device holder.  Wow, sad that I missed that, but even more sad that after spending an hour on chat with a DJI Support person they couldn't simply tell me that.  Thanks so much for the help!!!!

You're not the first to fail on this front....
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_8YX39no5AiPE
New

United States

I am also missing a bunch of parts! I am super irritated. The same product I am missing a bunch of stuff after buying from best buy the mavic air 2 Fly more combo, did you get this resolved?
2021-8-24
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_8YX39no5AiPE Posted at 8-24 19:57
I am also missing a bunch of parts! I am super irritated. The same product I am missing a bunch of stuff after buying from best buy the mavic air 2 Fly more combo, did you get this resolved?

Read the whole thread and you'll see that he did
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules