DJI Care Refresh and apparently very low standards for support
1115 23 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

So I was looking into getting Care Refresh for my upcoming MA2 (which I'm less and less excited about given the developments in the last few days and I'm seriously considering cancelling, but that's another story...) and I was quite shocked  to find out that I cannot know the details of the Care Refresh insurance until I actually have an accident.
Specifically, because DJI has no official repair shops in my country, any wrecked drone needs to be sent back to Germany. Which, being international shipping of a significantly large item, has the potential to be very expensive. So it's important to know upfront if the Care Refresh will cover this cost or if I'm going to have to pay shipping from Romania to Germany and back from Germany to Romania, in the event that I crash my drone. If I need to add something like 150 euros to each repair claim, it doesn't really make sense to get it.

So easy peasy, go on the DJI website and ask the support team about it, right? Wrong! They can't tell me because every region has its own rules about DJI covering shipping costs for Care Refresh and only the Care Refresh team has access to this information for every specific region. And the Care Refresh team can only be contacted *after* having the accident and getting a case number.

So I'm obviously dumbfounded by this answer and I ask the support guy how can I purchase an insurance without knowing exactly what it will cover? This is the point at which he appears to become irritated and basically asks me if I'm dumb or something. I obviousy ended the conversation right then & there since there was clearly no point pushing forward... overall, not the experience I was expecting when pre-ordering a 1.160$ (that's the price here, paying more for less, also another story...) item without even seeing it. I would expect a bit better services from this company for such clients and I would clearly expect some manners from the support people.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 15.09.39.png

LE: Sorry for posting in the Mini section, I meant to do it in the Air 2 section. If a moderator could move it, I would appreciate it.

2020-5-14
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Care refresh info panel on the side of my box says free shipping, assume it would be the same for MA2
2020-5-14
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2020-5-14
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

If you are not from the USA, I wouldnt buy the MA2..
https://dronedj.com/2020/04/30/dji-mavic-air-2-across-regions-missing-airsense-less-range/

"DJI says that ADS-B may be available in models sold in other regions beginning this summer."

Less range, missing hardware module, but same price..  Yeah, no thanks.

The problems are the EU-regulations.. What if such a big drone need to have sth like Airsense in 2-3 years?
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Although it can vary from country to country, once available in your country to purchase, shipping is free.

All details and FAQ can be found here, it’s very straight forward, not sure why CS didn’t refer you to this.

https://www.dji.com/ie/service/djicare-refresh/info#faq

2020-5-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I think you should black out the Support's representative name. If you quote don't name it, if you name it don't quote.

I think the pictograph in the picture posted by @itchyeyeballs can tell the story. It'd be disappointing to say the least if they wouldn't honor their claims.

Anyway... since you've been a valued MM customer and contributed to this forum regularly, now that we know of your experience looking for an upgrade path to the MA2 we'd like to know what's not going well. I am sorry you're experiencing this kind of difficulties.... is shortage the reason you consider canceling your order ?
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

m80116 Posted at 5-14 04:21
I think you should black out the Support's representative name. If you quote don't name it, if you name it don't quote.

I think the pictograph in the picture posted by @itchyeyeballs can tell the story. It'd be disappointing to say the least if they wouldn't honor their claims.

Not sure why you're saying this. Why should I black out his name? He represents DJI, the standards at which he addresses clients should be a lot higher than that. Through my job, I am also at times required to interact with customers and I would never say something like "are you not able to understand what I'm saying to you?"

As for the reasons I'm considering canceling, it's the neverending string of limitations and basic missing features that we keep finding out about every day, I wrote some of them here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 696&pid=2155578
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Ice, your experience has fulfilled us with regret, I am terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you had with our support, please accept my sincere apology on this case.
Customers can contact DJI Care Refresh team regarding the DJI Care Refresh matters (email: djicare@dji.com), no case number is needed. I will forward the support's issue to the corresponding department to investigate, we will keep improving the service.
Regarding your concern about DJI Care Refresh, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region since the benefits provided by DJI Care Refresh are only eligible in the region where it was purchased. Regarding the shipping issue, we will double confirm with the proper team.
Sincerely sorry again for the inconvenience caused. If you have further questions, please let me know, I will do my best to help.
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

DJI Thor Posted at 5-14 05:18
Hi Ice, your experience has fulfilled us with regret, I am terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you had with our support, please accept my sincere apology on this case.
Customers can contact DJI Care Refresh team regarding the DJI Care Refresh matters (email: ), no case number is needed. I will forward the support's issue to the corresponding department to investigate, we will keep improving the service.
Regarding your concern about DJI Care Refresh, DJI Care Refresh and the corresponding product must be purchased from the same country or region since the benefits provided by DJI Care Refresh are only eligible in the region where it was purchased. Regarding the shipping issue, we will double confirm with the proper team.

Thank you, Thor. Regarding Care Refresh, it is available in Romania, that's not the issue. The issue is that there is no DJI repair service, which means the drone must be shipped to the closest one, which I understand is in Germany. And it's not clear to me if shipping Romania-Germany-Romania is covered by DJI Care Refresh or not.
2020-5-14
Use props
amferreira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 263225 ft
Portugal

I will not consider buying the MA2 in Europe until it has an EASA C1 classification and Air Sense installed. I am very disappointed that DJI sells the MA2 in Europe without Air Sense for 849€ (approx. 940 USD) and in the US with Air Sense for 799 USD. It is a disrespect for European customers, the CE model should be less expensive than the US.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 5-14 05:29
Thank you, Thor. Regarding Care Refresh, it is available in Romania, that's not the issue. The issue is that there is no DJI repair service, which means the drone must be shipped to the closest one, which I understand is in Germany. And it's not clear to me if shipping Romania-Germany-Romania is covered by DJI Care Refresh or not.

I posted above all you need to know about care refresh including questions you are asking here. I’m under the impression you’re not really serious about looking for the answers.
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 5-14 05:54
I posted above all you need to know about care refresh including questions you are asking here. I’m under the impression you’re not really serious about looking for the answers.

I looked over it and thank you for that but when DJI support tells me it's not always free and then the moderator says it's not available in my country, it seems like going ahead and buying it anyway at this point is choosing the one piece of information that says what I want it to say and ignore anything else. Which is not that smart...
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 5-14 05:58
I looked over it and thank you for that but when DJI support tells me it's not always free and then the moderator says it's not available in my country, it seems like going ahead and buying it anyway at this point is choosing the one piece of information that says what I want it to say and ignore anything else. Which is not that smart...

If you read number 8 it clearly says dji will pay for shipping both ways and once your country is included in care refresh your policy covers this. They’re occasions when a country is not included, dji won’t cover shipping but will cover drone. IE if you purchased in USA and moved to country that isn’t covered by care refresh your drone is still covered, but if you crash you either have to ship from area you purchased or pay cost to ship to nearest service station.

The process is pretty simple, if you crash or damage craft, you just need email support they will arrange collection usually in Europe UPS and they will arrange return.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 5-14 05:58
I looked over it and thank you for that but when DJI support tells me it's not always free and then the moderator says it's not available in my country, it seems like going ahead and buying it anyway at this point is choosing the one piece of information that says what I want it to say and ignore anything else. Which is not that smart...
They're only two service areas in Europe Netherlands and Germany, supposed to be a new one in UK
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

This is what I understand from this.
1. The service area is my country
2. They say "DJI pays for two-way shipping in the service area"
3. The repair service is NOT in the service area.

To wrap this up, I'm not insisting that they DO NOT cover shipping. I just want a confirmation from a DJI rep that they DO cover it. By reading this FAQ and by the answers I received from DJI support and from DJI Thor, I cannot say I'm convinced they will cover it. And it seems ridiculous to me that it's so difficult to get a straight, simple answer from them on this issue.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ice_2k Posted at 5-14 06:15
This is what I understand from this.
1. The service area is my country
2. They say "DJI pays for two-way shipping in the service area"

There are two service areas for Europe one in Netherlands one in Germany, so all of Europe use these as their service area. This is also same for general warranty.
2020-5-14
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

amferreira Posted at 5-14 05:48
I will not consider buying the MA2 in Europe until it has an EASA C1 classification and Air Sense installed. I am very disappointed that DJI sells the MA2 in Europe without Air Sense for 849€ (approx. 940 USD) and in the US with Air Sense for 799 USD. It is a disrespect for European customers, the CE model should be less expensive than the US.

It believe that VAT is included in the price, as EU demands for all nonEU goods. Our country uses 22% rate, so I would be charged for 175$ by local customs office (exclude shipping costs), if I ordered 799$ item from china. So it might be actually cheaper...
Not sure about certification (I have not enough information to have opinion, but for example no retrospective certification sounds stupid). I'm definitely not interested in buying AC that will be limited soon, although MA2 is nice upgrade to MM IMPOV and I wouldn't buy anything bigger (heavier).
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

Ok, so apparently Thor raised my issue and I’ve just been contacted by DJI support. Long story short: Romania is not supported individually, but it is supported as part of Europe. So I can buy Care Refresh for any European country and use the drone anywhere in Europe and it will be covered. That’s pretty cool. Also, they confirmed shipping from anywhere in Europe to their repair service in the Netherlands is covered by them.

Thanks again, Thor.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

amferreira Posted at 5-14 05:48

In Europe on goods under €2500 we pay 13% import duty, in the US they pay $2\$3 per item, they also pay sales tax in the US on top of dji price .
2020-5-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

To me it was pretty clear that if the service is provided in a country, then one shouldn't really worry where the shipping is coming from or going when it's covered. Even my DJI Mini was delivered from the factory directly to my domicile, but I also have experience with several other brands that do the same as DJI for returns.

Omitting people's names or direct quoting it's a good practice in two different ways, first it is a customary savoir faire with the other part and the public to which you're addressing, showing the due respect when invoking it personally, secondly it is a legal liability exposing yourself to slander accusations or violation of privacy at best exposing personal communications that are not to be publicly revealed.

By the way: I didn't vote on your post, I am answering things that have been publicly demanded from me. I am not making a case about publicly revealed names or facts from private conversations.

As for the alleged price difference despite the ADS-B omission (which it might be entirely to the UNDEFINED MESS the EASA regulations are) it's always been this way in EU vs US, where one has to account even a much heavier tax rate (mainly VAT) in EU, or the worsened performance that isn't really something that has a significant impact on production costs (CE or FCC version, if such dichotomy still exists on MA2).

For the features: I think they can be reserving some for later introduction, to maintain people's attention on the product, but there might be even other reasons like reliability. They may have restricted some out of stability problems, when you have a scheduled date you tend to stick to it and leaving something behind to get perfected and introduced at a later date. Some might be hardware limitations (1 IMU it's definitely a choice, and I am with them on that), some might be performance choices... the hardware for example might be able to track at 60 fps (but fps don't exactly scale linearly so I expect the 30 to 60 bump to be quite challenging) but they have chosen not to implement the tracking at 60 to spare battery life or even overwhelm the computing power of most Mobile Devices.

Who knows... anyway. I hope you make up your mind about the Mavic Air 2... as I see it it's a great tool, as good or possibly even better than the Mavic Mini in its class.
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

m80116 Posted at 5-14 11:27
To me it was pretty clear that if the service is provided in a country, then one shouldn't really worry where the shipping is coming from or going when it's covered. Even my DJI Mini was delivered from the factory directly to my domicile, but I also have experience with several other brands that do the same as DJI for returns.

Omitting people's names or direct quoting it's a good practice in two different ways, first it is a customary savoir faire with the other part and the public to which you're addressing, showing the due respect when invoking it personally, secondly it is a legal liability exposing yourself to slander accusations or violation of privacy at best exposing personal communications that are not to be publicly revealed.

Yeah, i wouldn’t have bothered to check this shipping issue until my local store told me to buy the care refresh on dji.com and select Bulgaria as the country. And then I’ll be sending it to Germany. It all sounded really strange so I decided to follow-up on it.

No worries about the downvote, I know who it is
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

m80116 Posted at 5-14 11:27
To me it was pretty clear that if the service is provided in a country, then one shouldn't really worry where the shipping is coming from or going when it's covered. Even my DJI Mini was delivered from the factory directly to my domicile, but I also have experience with several other brands that do the same as DJI for returns.

What a gob...e....!!!!!
2020-5-14
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm interested to know why you are hesitant to buy the MA2? What issues were you worried about with it? I know my friend that has one and had the MA said the difference in pic quality is much the same as the MA.
2020-5-14
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Romania

deathsquad Posted at 5-14 13:30
I'm interested to know why you are hesitant to buy the MA2? What issues were you worried about with it? I know my friend that has one and had the MA said the difference in pic quality is much the same as the MA.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 696&pid=2155578
2020-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules