Mavic Air 2 Samsung TAB A 10 inches
7010 14 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Why I cant downlaod the DJI FLY app for mavic air 2 on my Samsung TAB A 10 inches which is not old ( I cant use my crystal sky)

Thanks

2020-5-14
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

DJI decided that the new DJI FLY app will not support 32bit smartphones/tablets. That is why.
2020-5-15
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

Did you pay for a Crystal sky $1000 DJI product , that dont support WOW , did you pay for a Samsung Tab A , no so ...................
2020-5-16
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this exact issue with this exact tablet. The tablet is indeed a 64bit android tablet but for whatever reason Samsung decided to install a 32bit version of android to it. So the only way for me to use it on the Tab A was to flash a custom recovery image onto it and then flash a custom rom which was 64bit. I then had to install the app via the DJI website.

2020-5-16
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI_Super_Fly Posted at 5-15 10:37
DJI decided that the new DJI FLY app will not support 32bit smartphones/tablets. That is why.

DJI are following the new guidelines which Google have put in place for their Play Store, moving into the future Google will only accept 64bit versions of applications.
2020-5-16
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DubSound Posted at 5-16 13:48
I had this exact issue with this exact tablet. The tablet is indeed a 64bit android tablet but for whatever reason Samsung decided to install a 32bit version of android to it. So the only way for me to use it on the Tab A was to flash a custom recovery image onto it and then flash a custom rom which was 64bit. I then had to install the app via the DJI website.

[view_image]

how you did that ? I dont know how?

but can you use your tablet for other thing like different app game .....

you can tell me how exactly in private message if you want.
Thanks

2020-5-16
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterPan007 Posted at 5-16 14:36
how you did that ? I dont know how?

but can you use your tablet for other thing like different app game .....

I followed a few YouTube tutorials as it's been quite a long since I did anything like this. But it's important to remember before doing this, you will need to backup any important files from the tablet. Proceeding will cause you to start from the beginning with the tablet. Backup any important photo's, videos, etc before doing this.

The above link is the video which I followed to get the recovery image installed, the guy left all the links in the description as well. After you have done the Custom Recovery you'll then need to find a 64bit android custom rom (here's the one I downloaded and flashed to the device BlissOS Android 10 64Bit Galaxy Tab A 10.1

Once you've downloaded a 64Bit version of Android for the Tab A 10.1, follow this next video to flash it to your device
2020-5-17
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DubSound Posted at 5-17 03:37
I followed a few YouTube tutorials as it's been quite a long since I did anything like this. But it's important to remember before doing this, you will need to backup any important files from the tablet. Proceeding will cause you to start from the beginning with the tablet. Backup any important photo's, videos, etc before doing this.

Custom Recovery TWRP - Galaxy Tab A 10.1

and I wont see a diffence in the tablet , all the other thing will work?
2020-5-17
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PeterPan007 Posted at 5-17 05:42
and I wont see a diffence in the tablet , all the other thing will work?

You can have a look on the XDA Developers forums for a more Samsung based 64bit version but the ROM I used which I linked (which was just for an example, you don't have to use that) was based off of the Pixel phones. Everything works on it as it should, but the Samsung experience isn't there.
2020-5-17
Use props
DJI_Super_Fly
lvl.2

Israel

There are 2 main versions of the Tab A 10.1 the old one from 2016 SM-T580/585 and the new one from 2019 SM-T510/515. The old one does have a 64bit custom rom, but the new one doesn't... I guess most of the complaints is about not supporting the new one.
2020-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to know the DJI Fly is not available to your tablets, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).

It is recommended to use the mobile device in the recommended list: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads We appreciate your understanding.
2020-5-18
Use props
PeterPan007
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

we do not underrstand why it dosnt support samsmung tablet and crystal sky , you should stick with dji go  .....
2020-5-18
Use props
red rob
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-18 05:42
Hi there, sorry to know the DJI Fly is not available to your tablets, the DJI FLY APP was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment as below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

The 2019 Galaxy Tab A *is* a 64-bit tablet, well above the required Android version and memory requirements.    I'm in a similar boat -- can't install DJI Fly -- very frustrating.

Perhaps one of the above posters is correct, that Samsung is installing 32-bit Android versions on these 64-bit tablets?   Ridiculous if that's indeed the case!
2020-12-6
Use props
djiuser_NcX7J7zKZdkj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6310873 ft
United States

My situation is a bit different. I have DJI Fly loaded and connected to my Mavic Air 2 but there is no video feed. Everything else is on the screen and the menus come up, but there is no video feed. The MA2 will record, but there is nothing but a black screen while flying.
2020-12-25
Use props
djiuser_NcX7J7zKZdkj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6310873 ft
United States

djiuser_NcX7J7zKZdkj Posted at 12-25 11:40
My situation is a bit different. I have DJI Fly loaded and connected to my Mavic Air 2 but there is no video feed. Everything else is on the screen and the menus come up, but there is no video feed. The MA2 will record, but there is nothing but a black screen while flying.

Can't figure out how to delete this post. The most recent Samsung update took care of the situation.
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules