Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air 2: Control Sensitivity missing
7861 26 2020-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scottty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169902 ft
Germany

Got the Mavic Air 2 today and did the first flight.
Also having a Mavic 1. Compared to the M1 the MA2 reacts more aggresive to tiny stick movements, even in tripod mode.
This is a problem for smooth videos.

In the fly app I could not find where to set the control sensitivity like at the Go 4 app.
Also Gimbal sensitivity seems to be missing.

This really is disappointing to me.

Can we expect those important features are back in next firmware/app version?

2020-5-14
Use props
Niknik
Captain
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Dont worry they will fix it the fast as possible
2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_9VMkv2sfcGu3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22644 ft
United States

Agreed! I had a Mavic Air, and just did my first flight with the Mavic Air 2, way too fast, missing Cinematic Mode, missing control sensitivity, and missing Gimbal sensitivity! Even the Mavic MINI has gimbal sensitivity and a 'cinesmooth' mode! The Mavic Mini is $399, I didn't just pay more than double to have less control over my drone, and got the new version of my previous drone just to have fewer features. So annoying, really hope in a software update ASAP.
2020-5-14
Use props
DubSound
Captain
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI really need to improve DJI Fly drastically! DJI, please bring DJI Fly up to DJI Go 4 standards. We simply CANNOT keep going with a limited application like DJI Fly. It was okay to begin with when it was only the Mini using it but now we have the Mavic Air 2 using the same application with the same limitations.

Things like seeing sensor states, interference levels in the compass, IMU information instead of just a calibration button etc. You really need to build upon this application to include the features we are used to using in DJI Go 4

2020-5-14
Use props
djiuser_iIva2eqYKz1o
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
United States

Looking at the user manual section on the top right of the DJI Fly app, I’m lead to believe that future Mavic and Phantom releases will use this app. The app will soon be compatible with the Smart Controller. Just my hypothesis.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 5-14 09:03

Really?  how fast? .. before  the 2 week timeframe that  they allow us to return the item for a refund?
2020-5-14
Use props
ryanosaurus
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_iIva2eqYKz1o Posted at 5-14 10:10
Looking at the user manual section on the top right of the DJI Fly app, I’m lead to believe that future Mavic and Phantom releases will use this app. The app will soon be compatible with the Smart Controller. Just my hypothesis.

Yes, absolutely. There will be no more drones that use Go4. Go4 is 32bit and the App Store only accepts 64bit now. They will keep improving the Fly app, that’s why apps are always improving and hardware is what it is.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ryanosaurus Posted at 5-14 13:15
Yes, absolutely. There will be no more drones that use Go4. Go4 is 32bit and the App Store only accepts 64bit now. They will keep improving the Fly app, that’s why apps are always improving and hardware is what it is.

So are you saying that the Go4 app used on the Smart Controller is 32 bit?
Does that imply that the Smart Controller can not utilize 64 bit apps?
That’s what they said about the Crystal Sky.
This is another can of worms that is yet to be opened and infuriate a lot of people.
2020-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I agree it would be nice to be able to regulate stick movements yaw etc. but my experience with the Air2 is it’s incredibly smooth and that includes sport mode. But I found tripod mode so much better than Air1.
2020-5-14
Use props
ryanosaurus
lvl.1
United States

ET214 Posted at 5-14 14:52
So are you saying that the Go4 app used on the Smart Controller is 32 bit?
Does that imply that the Smart Controller can not utilize 64 bit apps?
That’s what they said about the Crystal Sky.

The smart controller isn’t compatible simply because the Fly app doesn’t support it, yet. They’ve said they’re working on that though. Since this app only works with the mini and MA2, it probably didn’t make sense in the immediate for launch to update for smart controller yet, given the user base compared with potential sales of the new  without it.
2020-5-14
Use props
ET214
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ryanosaurus Posted at 5-14 17:18
The smart controller isn’t compatible simply because the Fly app doesn’t support it, yet. They’ve said they’re working on that though. Since this app only works with the mini and MA2, it probably didn’t make sense in the immediate for launch to update for smart controller yet, given the user base compared with potential sales of the new  without it.

I understand.. Thanks
2020-5-14
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

That matter, I asked to DJI like a 3 weeks ago, but they didn't answered they would update the app but (as we all know) they would let the team know about this fact. Not sure when the app would be updated as much as DJI GO4, I'm badly waiting for the app gets better. My MA2 will get to me tomorrow, and as MA1 user, the update of app is essential!
2020-5-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Scottty. Currently,  the Mavic Air 2 does not support adjusting stick sensitivity or advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.
2020-5-15
Use props
Scottty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169902 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 01:20
Hi, Scottty. Currently,  the Mavic Air 2 does not support adjusting stick sensitivity or advanced gimbal settings. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.  I've transferred your feedback to the product department. Thanks for your advice.

Thanks, Gamora.

I hope they very soon implement all those missing settings in the Fly app as "must have" features.

2020-5-15
Use props
djiuser_4ANqNDcjNn7J
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 5-15 01:20

Yes, please!
2020-6-27
Use props
JG90
New
Flight distance : 365902 ft
United Kingdom

So hold on - where do we stand with this? The generic message from the "super" moderator doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. Obviously it doesn't support stick sensitivity or advanced gimbal settings otherwise this forum wouldn't exist.

Is this just a matter of time before it is updated for the MA2 to have gimbal sensitivity or is that merely speculation. Understand if it takes time but it would be encouraging to know that its being addressed?

Surely if mini at half the price allows for gimbal sensitivity settings and the MA2 at over double should!
2020-7-7
Use props
AndyDane
lvl.1
Flight distance : 411726 ft
United Kingdom

JG90 Posted at 7-7 01:48
So hold on - where do we stand with this? The generic message from the "super" moderator doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. Obviously it doesn't support stick sensitivity or advanced gimbal settings otherwise this forum wouldn't exist.

Is this just a matter of time before it is updated for the MA2 to have gimbal sensitivity or is that merely speculation. Understand if it takes time but it would be encouraging to know that its being addressed?

I'm sure that on some of the unboxing videos that I've watched there was gimbal speed and smoothness on there, so I don't know if they got a beta version of an app for testing/promo that had the features, but for some reason they didn't work well enough to make it to live.

But its surely a must have along with stick sensitivity controls! The gimbal is far from smooth when raising/lowering it manually.
2020-7-11
Use props
abbas anwar
New

Germany

DJI Mavic ( Air1, Air2, Mini, etc) is a camera drone and not a racing jet airplane ( how far I understand). I was disappointed with Air 2 where there is no joystick sensitivity control. Mostly it is use for Videos.
2020-7-16
Use props
Woobisah
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43402 ft
  • >>>
United States

Niknik Posted at 5-14 09:03

This post didn't age well.
2020-7-16
Use props
djiuser_jRo1fmC8eheU
lvl.1
United States

this is very basic functionality to not have in their latest release. I am a noob so I was blown away at first but I am seeing some really poor performance as a company supporting its products. I am a coder of over 25 years, this is not some huge project to add a simple feature that will provide so much value that exists in lower end models
2020-7-29
Use props
Rit Man
lvl.1
United States

I would go so far as to say this is a bug - because it really bugs me!
2020-7-29
Use props
flyWhat
lvl.1
Israel

DJI have nice drones - but maybe skydio was the way to go,  * CONTROL ( flight control settings like sensitivity of throttle ) is the first priority of a dron for me
  2 coworkers waiting for my experience with the Air 2 - i will not recomend it yet  ( or maybe will sell my dron to one of them and buy another )
2020-7-30
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Captain
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Latest DJI Fly app 1.1.6 (Android only at moment) has enabled Gimbal Sensitivity adjustment
2020-7-30
Use props
flyWhat
lvl.1
Israel

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 7-30 23:50
Latest DJI Fly app 1.1.6 (Android only at moment) has enabled Gimbal Sensitivity adjustment

Not in the store for me [im using android]  - will install when available
Gimble is important, yes - But mean nothing without flying safe, and u can do this only with flight control settings, like throttle sensitivity settings
2020-7-31
Use props
djiuser_8wMAOPqt8q9x
lvl.1

United States

I have now crashed two of these drones due to the hot controls. This is out of hand really because it’s a great drone otherwise.
2020-12-14
Use props
the77king
New

Portugal

Hello guys, good afternoon here from Portugal, I would like some help because I have a question I have a Mavic Air 2 and previously I had the mavic pro 2 and the Phantom 4 line.
I use Tripod Mode a lot for smooth images and sometimes closer to trees and other objects to give good cinematographic images.
So the Tripod mode on the Mavic go or “Cinamatic mode” mode is not able to limit the speed of the drone, or for me it gets very nervous and requires a lot of sensitivity in the control which does not help anything.
Is there any way to limit this or is it even a fault of the Drone or the Application.
as you can confirm in this forum.

Thank you very much in
2021-3-25
Use props
fans49ab7096
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2477 ft
United States

Niknik Posted at 2020-5-14 09:03

It’s a year and a half later and they have not. Shame on you DJI
2021-10-19