19706 33 2020-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
Czechia

DJI/All,

please have a look at the picures I taken with my phone of the DJI FPV Goggles display. I noticed a few display artifacts appear on the screen. These are the yellow-green-ish dots. This does not come from the camera, or from lens, nor it is any flare effect from external lighting. It is always overlaid on top of anything being displayed on the screen.

Any advice?
Has anyone seen it?
DJI team, what would you recommend?

Thanks

Marek

IMG_7668.jpg
IMG_7666.jpg
2020-5-18
Use props
jeff fpv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 292900 ft
Germany

Hey Marek,

i think you have burn spots in the display from the sun. Here a link to fatshark googles with the same damage. https://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?30217-Fatshark-Predator-V2-Yellow-spots

Jeff
2020-5-18
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Czechia

Thanks Jeff, indeed it appears similar/the same. I did have them on the sun with lens up on Saturday and did not realize it could get such damage

@DJI - they're on warranty, do you think I can try the repair service? Would warranty cover the display?

M
2020-5-18
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

That's sun damage.  Always leave your goggles pointing AWAY from the sun, so that the lenses are in SHADOW.  

2020-5-18
Use props
vpierre30
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5440741 ft
  • >>>
France

i got exactly the same problem just now after switching a battery this problem appear, i never never leave them on a sun
2020-5-18
Use props
fansab75a715
New

United States

I have the similar issue today with the DJI FPV goggles, but with only one green dot appearing at the left screen lower center segment.
2020-5-19
Use props
Tomasimo
lvl.3

Lithuania

That's not DJI's fault, its sun or even strong home lighting could be dangerous couple of seconds in perfect conditions and you can burn spots. Screens don't fail in circles, if pixels/screen would fail it would be couple of pixels or lines.
2020-5-19
Use props
fansdc11b173
lvl.1
Australia

i had the greenish dots appear today on my goggles and it wasn't the sun, in fact it was so overcast and these goggles have hardly been used. Several on the right screen and one on the left screen...

I've contacted DJI Support to ask why this would happen.
2020-5-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi SzczechzCzech, please kindly send in the unit for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.
2020-5-31
Use props
rpossumgmail.com
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-31 04:05
Hi SzczechzCzech, please kindly send in the unit for service. Please fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back https://repair.dji.com/repair/index.

I have the same issue. I own 2 pairs of goggles and have already sent one of them in to be repaired for this issue. Within 2 weeks I started having the same issue again and am having it in both pairs
2020-8-9
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

that how a sunburn thru lens might look - but also dmg from pure overheat (no sun involved) can be pretty same.
if You sure that was not a sun dmg, but heat from inside (wrong assembly, where one of hot parts is not properly cooled/ventilated) then it might go under warranty

for sun protect - You can 3D print something like that:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4089005
2020-8-10
Use props
fans848f7190
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20669 ft
United States

KREMi Posted at 8-10 02:15
that how a sunburn thru lens might look - but also dmg from pure overheat (no sun involved) can be pretty same.
if You sure that was not a sun dmg, but heat from inside (wrong assembly, where one of hot parts is not properly cooled/ventilated) then it might go under warranty

Same Issue and my goggles are never left in the sun. If they are in the sun it's only to swap a battery pack maybe 1-2 minutes. If this is sun damage then these are way too sensitive. I do in fact use the lens protector.
2020-9-7
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

fans848f7190 Posted at 9-7 12:19
Same Issue and my goggles are never left in the sun. If they are in the sun it's only to swap a battery pack maybe 1-2 minutes. If this is sun damage then these are way too sensitive.[view_image] [view_image]I do in fact use the lens protector.

If You have to exchange lipo in sun, try to put cover every time, or put them screen to ground
for fatsharks (ok, Fatties have different shape/size of lenses) I think 10sec of direct sun is enough

it's like "kids" play with magnify glass - ussualy in few seconds if You focus sun correctly You can burn paper/wood. so same rule apply here - with bad luck, if sun/lens are in perfect line - dmg can be done really fast! it's a matter of seconds, not minutes.
2020-9-8
Use props
djiuser_gpqLzqYfbN1u
New

Netherlands

Hi guys,

I have the issue in the images and no clue what is the reason.

What should i do my fpv goggles are 1 year+  old as far as I can remember
2021-2-20
Use props
juan Diab
New
United States

djiuser_gpqLzqYfbN1u Posted at 2-20 17:54
Hi guys,

Same problem happened to me as well. I think is a problem In the design of the product. How come PSVR has been in the market for years and this problem never happened?

Very disappointed with the quality of the googles.
2021-3-23
Use props
fans65bf7f03
lvl.1
United States

I have the same issue after 4 flights. ZERO sun exposure. Very carefully covered whenever not in use. I am returning. Has anyone did warantee exchange? any problems/ pushback from DJI?
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_Yf6c4Mh7mPdK
lvl.1

France

Hi,

are all this problems also happen with the new version goggle v2 ?
2021-3-23
Use props
djiuser_Yf6c4Mh7mPdK
lvl.1

France

djiuser_Yf6c4Mh7mPdK Posted at 3-23 23:48
Hi,

are all this problems also happen with the new version goggle v2 ?

Reply to myself : apparently according to web researches, yes.

650 euros here in my country...It happened to you right out of the box ( the dots ) , and I'm pretty sure DJI will tell you it's not under warranty because you put them on direct sun...
2021-3-28
Use props
SFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10322858 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am having the same issue as well. One lens is fine but the other is not. Any idea what are these? I have never exposed the lens to the sun. I’m usually in a shade.
9FE306B2-B7FB-41FF-A2FE-84BFFDF7E9A9.jpeg
50FD7B33-963A-43C9-925A-CDE6E50B7110.jpeg
2021-5-30
Use props
FroddoFPV
lvl.1

Mexico

djiuser_gpqLzqYfbN1u Posted at 2-20 17:54
Hi guys,

I have this same lines today, what happen to your goggles? I only used for about one hour constantly but i do some turn off during that tima and always use a screen protector o left in my head all the time to avoid the sun
2021-7-23
Use props
djiuser_aOIZAlsR4HfQ
lvl.1

United States

Before anyone jumps in and claims sun damage, I am well aware of what the sun can do to these screens. As a result I only fly from shaded areas and I store my goggles in a padded hard case. I had no issues with my goggles then today when I took them out to fly this appeared on my screen. Very sad day indeed. I have submitted for a repair. Hopefully I don’t pay an arm and a leg to get this fixed. I love my goggles and use them professionally.  @suspiciousfishfpv
0DD7CD08-A165-4C69-B3A7-33200EF4EE8E.jpeg
2021-9-6
Use props
baughaninastormgmail.com
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Have a big white spot in the middle of my right eye. Very annoying. Googles never exposed to direct sunlight.
Would like to know if spares are available to fit by the end user. Plenty competent enough to repair myself with 3 decades of experience in soldering and component assembly.
2021-9-13
Use props
CouchLocked
New

United States

I have the v1 fpv goggles and a similar issue happened to me today as some of the pictures posted. The right lcd screen malfunctioned and has colored vertical lines running down it now. Left screen remains unaffected. This happened to me while I was in the middle of flying so I saw it happen. It could be the lcd itself is toast, a bad/loose ribbon cable or possibly a board issue. I've owned the goggles for just over 13 months. Never dropped it or handled it roughly and never left it out in the sun. I contacted DJI and will try to get it sent out for repair.

2021-10-21
Use props
dollar99
lvl.1

United States

Same thing here. Not those green sun dots. Just pops up on left eye for no reason. Has anyone figured this out?
2021-10-31
Use props
djiuser_8LEdbpHJKu4o
New

Russia

Hello, please tell me how to get rid of vertical stripes on the screen
2022-1-8
Use props
djiuser_8LEdbpHJKu4o
New

Russia

dollar99 Posted at 2021-10-31 10:18
[view_image] Same thing here. Not those green sun dots. Just pops up on left eye for no reason. Has anyone figured this out?

did you manage to solve the problem with vertical stripes?
2022-1-8
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Czechia

Dunno about vertical stripes mate. I just have the sun burnt dots.
2022-1-8
Use props
djiuser_nYGTKqG25kZz
New
Flight distance : 287621 ft
United States

djiuser_aOIZAlsR4HfQ Posted at 2021-9-6 19:18
Before anyone jumps in and claims sun damage, I am well aware of what the sun can do to these screens. As a result I only fly from shaded areas and I store my goggles in a padded hard case. I had no issues with my goggles then today when I took them out to fly this appeared on my screen. Very sad day indeed. I have submitted for a repair. Hopefully I don’t pay an arm and a leg to get this fixed. I love my goggles and use them professionally.  @suspiciousfishfpv[Image]

I have the same issue and always is in my backpack but today i change the drone battery and this appears no sun damaged and it looks melted in the inferior side.
20220124_133118.jpg
2022-1-24
Use props
fansfc03649b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 149357 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Dollar99 Опубликовано 31.10.2021, 10:18
[view_image]Здесь то же самое. Не те зеленые солнечные точки. Просто выскакивает на левом глазу без причины. Кто-нибудь понял это?

ребята, помогите.

у меня та же проблема
В чем проблема и как ее исправить? Он был чрезвычайно осторожен и дотошно относился к очкам и их использованию. Солнечные лучи исключены
2022-4-2
Use props
Paraski40
lvl.3

Canada

Have same problem with my new V2.  I have 7 spots in the screen.  but, if it is sun burned, why do i have the exact same spot in both eye screen ?  I am in Canada, do i have to send them back ?
2022-5-3
Use props
DarkoCZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4987674 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing just happened to me while having the googles powered on on my bed to upload logs to my phone.... Except my dots are blue So annoying, zero sun exposure...
2022-5-12
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

great views!
2022-5-12
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

DJI should print a warning sticker right on the Goggles that you have to remove, that says something like:WARNING: Exposing the inside of the goggles to sunlight may cause permanent damage.
Now my goggles are also premenantly damaged because I took them off for a moment to land the drone by LOS, and I feel like this is such a common issue that DJI needs to be much more proactive about warning customers. Unfortunately I messed up and didn't register for DJI Care Refresh so I'm just out of luck. Now I've got goggles with permanent damage.
2022-5-28
Use props
Johnny23
New

Germany

I just released a complete Display Replacment tutorial on youtube, if you want to fix your goggles yourself, this is the way to go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzHaoP8eU
2023-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules