Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin on Circle Track - maintain centre target??
3166 10 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matthewbennettp
New

Canada

Ronin users,

I've got the Ronin in upright mode, on a tripod on the cinemilled plate.

Ive got the tripod mounted on a circular dolly track.

When I rotate the dolly/tripod Ronin around the track, I'd like the Ronin to maintain it's pan in dead center, simulating what a straight tripod would do (but of course stabilizing the tilt and roll).  Instead, it drifts off center pan (as it was designed to do of course

Any way of locking the pan axis?  It's almost like it would be in smoothtrack mode, but have zero lag time responding to pan turns in the bars, or in this case the cinemilled plate's turn.

I've tried all kinds of different settings and modes but can't seem to do it.

Any advice greatly appreciated!!

VIDEO EXAMPLE
2015-6-16
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

How about the Stiffness you set? Please kindly send me a video for your issue, THX~
2015-6-16
Use props
matthewbennettp
New

Canada

DJI-Cathy Posted at 2015-6-17 09:10
How about the Stiffness you set? Please kindly send me a video for your issue, THX~

Thanks Cathy!

I'll make a video of what happens - and how I would like it to work.    It would be great to get some advice.

2015-6-16
Use props
matthewbennettp
New

Canada

Hi Cathy - I made a video to show the problem I'm trying to solve.  Any advice appreciated.

Link to Video (Drop Box)
2015-7-21
Use props
DJI-Cathy
Second Officer

Hong Kong

matthewbennettp Posted at 2015-7-22 02:36
Hi Cathy - I made a video to show the problem I'm trying to solve.  Any advice appreciated.

If your ronin is not the latest firmware, you can upgrade the firmware first, and pls set the PAN stiffness higher to see, increase the PAN SmoothTrack speed and set the deadband to 5
2015-7-22
Use props
bran_richardson
New

United States

Matthew,

I'm very interested in achieving a similar result (locking the pan axis). Have you figured it out yet?

Thanks!
2015-8-1
Use props
jan
New

United States

bran_richardson Posted at 2015-8-1 19:45
Matthew,

I'm very interested in achieving a similar result (locking the pan axis). Have you figured ...

I'm having the same problem but shooting from a car.  The pan shifts on turns and I just want it locked center.  Have you found a solution?  Thanks.
2016-4-8
Use props
jan
New

United States

I'm having the same problem but shooting from a car.  The pan shifts on turns and I just want it locked center.  Have you found a solution?  Thanks.
2016-4-8
Use props
jan
New

United States

2016-4-8
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.4
Argentina

jan@jancannonfi Posted at 2016-4-9 00:37
I'm having the same problem but shooting from a car.  The pan shifts on turns and I just want it loc ...

Set stiffness of pan to 0, it kills pan that way, then tape it so it wont spin freely
2016-4-8
Use props
fans6381fdf7
lvl.4
United Kingdom

valealvarez.s96 Posted at 2016-4-8 11:51
Set stiffness of pan to 0, it kills pan that way, then tape it so it wont spin freely

When I read this I thought it sounded like an excellent tip and just what I've been looking for. However, after trying it (setting the pan to 0 and taping it up) when I turn the roll goes off and so it loses horizon So it seems this isn't a solution - or is there something more to it?

Thanks.
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules