Can You please check it is fake or real ?
12Next >
12577 50 2020-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Hi,

I have got the photos of My ordered Mavic Mini ordered online.

I have attached the photos as zip file.

Can You please check the photos and tell me its fake or real ?

DJI Mavic Mini Drone Amazon Photos.zip

827.62 KB, Down times: 87

Photosd as zip

2020-5-21
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like its real to me, mind you I dont know where you got it from, but my advice is this, if you think its in anyway dodgy then when you recieve the box get your camera out and record it being opened, this way if you have any reasons to be concerned you have it recorded on video
2020-5-21
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

crash1sttime Posted at 5-21 08:53
Looks like its real to me, mind you I dont know where you got it from, but my advice is this, if you think its in anyway dodgy then when you recieve the box get your camera out and record it being opened, this way if you have any reasons to be concerned you have it recorded on video

You mean recording using my mobile when I unpacking the drone? or sending the video captured using the drone to you?
2020-5-21
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

he means doing a ''unboxing'' video of when you open the package. So if you receive anything else in that box, you will have a proof of it. It's a good way to have a proof of exactly what you receive. Some people have ordered things only to find out they have a rock inside their package. I am not saying that's what you will get, but it is safer to record it when you open your package.
2020-5-21
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Daniella3d Posted at 5-21 08:59
he means doing a ''unboxing'' video of when you open the package. So if you receive anything else in that box, you will have a proof of it. It's a good way to have a proof of exactly what you receive. Some people have ordered things only to find out they have a rock inside their package. I am not saying that's what you will get, but it is safer to record it when you open your package.

Yes that , thanks
2020-5-21
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Daniella3d Posted at 5-21 08:59
he means doing a ''unboxing'' video of when you open the package. So if you receive anything else in that box, you will have a proof of it. It's a good way to have a proof of exactly what you receive. Some people have ordered things only to find out they have a rock inside their package. I am not saying that's what you will get, but it is safer to record it when you open your package.

ok sure, I ordered it from Amazon. Thank You. How Can I check if it is real when I receive, since the original serial number sticker can be pasted on the fake drone? Can we understand from the quality video the drone is captured?
2020-5-21
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

You'll know when you activate the AC.....
2020-5-21
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Why do you think there is a possibility for it to be fake, in the first place? It's not that you bought it used from a guy in the street, you bought it from Amazon... why are you suspicious? If something doesn't look right, point that out so people can focus on it and give you better answers...
2020-5-21
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If it activates when you set it up via DJI Fly you will know. Seems legit.
2020-5-21
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

120ccpm Posted at 5-21 09:59
Why do you think there is a possibility for it to be fake, in the first place? It's not that you bought it used from a guy in the street, you bought it from Amazon... why are you suspicious? If something doesn't look right, point that out so people can focus on it and give you better answers...

I suspect because the seller called me and informed that they will remove the original covering and will put in a cover costing 2,000 rupees. He also sent me the serial number of the cover and tell me to match it when I receive. So I had some doubt.
2020-5-21
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Vlas Posted at 5-21 10:13
If it activates when you set it up via DJI Fly you will know. Seems legit.

Ok Thank You
2020-5-21
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

arisepeter Posted at 5-21 10:30
I suspect because the seller called me and informed that they will remove the original covering and will put in a cover costing 2,000 rupees. He also sent me the serial number of the cover and tell me to match it when I receive. So I had some doubt.

Reading this, something may be "off".
When you say covering, do you mean the body of the drone with a different serial number?
IF this a new unit, then you would use the info on the AC as you received it, not a copy of another serial number.
And also, the serial number may be coded to the main board, and if the numbers don't match....
2020-5-21
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

cover, what's that, the box its in, does the box have the serial number of the drone on it matching the drone inside the box, I cant remember if it does or not,
2020-5-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

That doesn't look an Amazon product... warehouse products they usually don't come w/ pictures. You have to trust Amazon's self-declared condition.

Anyway... there's no reason to believe those pictures aren't from a legitimate Mavic Mini FCC. Just wait and see... you should have checked the seller's background before buying, I hope you've done that.

The only items fully covered by Amazon's amazing return policy are just those SOLD and SHIPPED by Amazon. These days a lot of sellers rely on Amazon's powerful logistics to deliver their products which are SOLD by them and SHIPPED by Amazon.
2020-5-21
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome.
2020-5-21
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

So from your post I understand that you did not buy it from Amazon, but from a seller from the Amazon market place. What you said about removing the cover is very very suspicious. that's not normal in any way. Why would they do that? Sounds very fishy.

The photos are of a real Mavic Mini, but is it new or used? not sure. Could be anything. Was the seller having a good rating? How much did you pay?

2020-5-21
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

I really hope the serial # on the outside of the box matches the number on the AC...
2020-5-21
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Sounds kind of suspicious. Knowing what you paid would help a lot. Given that you didn't post that, that makes it even more suspicious.
2020-5-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

arisepeter Posted at 5-21 10:30

Did you request the photos? If so, they would have to open the box. Since the box would then be unsealed, they wanted to put it in another bigger box. It sounds like in order to honor your request for photos, they had to do what they said. I would not worry.
2020-5-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, if the price was low, it could be that the Mini was activated but not used. I purchased a "used" one on eBay for $300. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was that the box was unsealed and it was already activated. Everything looked pristine and original otherwise. The battery was still in the storage reduced charge level.
2020-5-21
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Flycaster Posted at 5-21 10:49
Reading this, something may be "off".
When you say covering, do you mean the body of the drone with a different serial number?
IF this a new unit, then you would use the info on the AC as you received it, not a copy of another serial number.

I mean the card bord cover of the drone with the serial number. The seller is saying the drone may be caught by govt authorities but I know drone is legal in India. I dont know why he says like that. Thats why I became suspicious
2020-5-22
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Daniella3d Posted at 5-21 11:50
So from your post I understand that you did not buy it from Amazon, but from a seller from the Amazon market place. What you said about removing the cover is very very suspicious. that's not normal in any way. Why would they do that? Sounds very fishy.

The photos are of a real Mavic Mini, but is it new or used? not sure. Could be anything. Was the seller having a good rating? How much did you pay?

He called me on my phone immediately after ordering and tell me that he will send the photo of the cardboard cover with serial number and the cover will be removed. I asked him to send the photos of drone and he sent these photos after 2-3 hours, that also suspicious to me. I think he may be sending a fake drone with the serial number and photos of original drone.
2020-5-22
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

GaryDoug Posted at 5-21 17:55
Did you request the photos? If so, they would have to open the box. Since the box would then be unsealed, they wanted to put it in another bigger box. It sounds like in order to honor your request for photos, they had to do what they said. I would not worry.

No. He said he will remove the cardboard cover to avoid checking by authorities. He didn't open just for me. I bought it for 55,000 Rupees (around 724 USD)
2020-5-22
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Deucalion Posted at 5-21 12:03
Sounds kind of suspicious. Knowing what you paid would help a lot. Given that you didn't post that, that makes it even more suspicious.

I paid around 724 USD because DJI dont have store presence in India and do not ship to India from their site
2020-5-22
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

m80116 Posted at 5-21 11:08
That doesn't look an Amazon product... warehouse products they usually don't come w/ pictures. You have to trust Amazon's self-declared condition.

Anyway... there's no reason to believe those pictures aren't from a legitimate Mavic Mini FCC. Just wait and see... you should have checked the seller's background before buying, I hope you've done that.

I can give the link to the Amazon page where this drone is listed. I checked the seller info and many ratings saying it as original in the review, that also made me suspicious because those may be fake reviews. I dont think many people who rate any product will say it is authentic.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07RRMPZ4L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2020-5-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I noticed this in the description "India compatible Nano drone "

What does that mean? Perhaps you are getting one that is not permitted in India?
2020-5-22
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

seems to be legit but don't take my word for it.
2020-5-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

arisepeter Posted at 5-22 08:13
I mean the card bord cover of the drone with the serial number. The seller is saying the drone may be caught by govt authorities but I know drone is legal in India. I dont know why he says like that. Thats why I became suspicious

None of the DJI drones are compliant with Indian regulations. India requires them to have technical specifications thatv DJI are simply not interested in doing. This is why you cannot buy them in India. However there are no 'fake' DJI drones.
2020-5-22
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

arisepeter Posted at 5-22 08:20
I paid around 724 USD because DJI dont have store presence in India and do not ship to India from their site

Ok, so the transaction itself is not legit. But the drone is probably legit.
2020-5-22
Use props
Droneflier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1811322 ft
South Africa

It does say it is a GREY product on the amazon site, it still will be an original, you just wont be able to get any support on the product from DJI
2020-5-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Now we have a better picture, it's a legit page on Amazon, the product is original. For what I can understand a delivered and sold by Amazon wasn't possibile for Amazon.in, but I've learned that in my national Amazon.it website I can source Amazon sold and deliered stuff from other countries (only available in local Amazon websites, for example Amazon.DE to Amazon.IT).

Might be worth checking for the next time you're in for a drone related purchase, if you can source something directly from Amazon, for example one of the European Amazon websites or the UK.
2020-5-23
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

GaryDoug Posted at 5-22 12:25
I noticed this in the description "India compatible Nano drone "

What does that mean? Perhaps you are getting one that is not permitted in India?

No asper Indian regulation Nano drone should have flight limit of 15 meters, so they have restricted it to 15 meters I think thats why they call it India compatible. But in the advance made we can change the height restriction this is what the reviwers are saying.
2020-5-23
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

The Saint Posted at 5-22 13:14
seems to be legit but don't take my word for it.

Ok Let me check when it arrives
2020-5-23
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Deucalion Posted at 5-22 14:40
Ok, so the transaction itself is not legit. But the drone is probably legit.

Since it is imported they are demanding high price only licenced people can import drone in India
2020-5-23
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

Droneflier Posted at 5-23 04:48
It does say it is a GREY product on the amazon site, it still will be an original, you just wont be able to get any support on the product from DJI

I know there is no support by DJI in India. But how do you know its a gray product ?
2020-5-23
Use props
arisepeter
lvl.2
India

m80116 Posted at 5-23 05:03
Now we have a better picture, it's a legit page on Amazon, the product is original. For what I can understand a delivered and sold by Amazon wasn't possibile for Amazon.in, but I've learned that in my national Amazon.it website I can source Amazon sold and deliered stuff from other countries (only available in local Amazon websites, for example Amazon.DE to Amazon.IT).

Might be worth checking for the next time you're in for a drone related purchase, if you can source something directly from Amazon, for example one of the European Amazon websites or the UK.

I could have tried that but the problem is drone import is banned in India except for licenced people, I have ordered a small drone before from outside India and it was caught by customs and they didint give me the drone and also I had to pay a small fine too.
2020-5-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I am sorry @arisepeter I can't see where you're going with this. If that is the premise how did you end up ordering a drone again? Are you licensed now ?

I mean sellers on Amazon are serious businesses... they don't cheat on contents. I think you should have opted for someone a little bit more accommodating, someone willing to cheat customs declaration... for example declaring used parts, generic electronics. If you don't get the drone it might entirely be because of your country's regulations and customs. I wouldn't have bought that officially.
2020-5-23
Use props
fansf5231faf
lvl.2
India

What I want to know is, is there any other method to check it is genuine or not other than the serial no sticker. Because sticker can be easily pasted on a fake drone.
2020-5-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

To the best of my knowledge there's no even counterfeit parts, let alone boards and other key components (ecluding the obvious like props) for the Mavic Mini.

You've got pictures of the aircraft, of the box, of the serial number. What more could you want ?

Just wait and see... nobody can really assure what you'll get. You could have been covered by Amazon sellers policies whether the import was allowed. So... if it makes through customs you have to right to appeal should anything not conform to what was promised. The trouble for what I've been told could very well be IF it makes through customs.
2020-5-24
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

arisepeter Posted at 5-22 08:16
He called me on my phone immediately after ordering and tell me that he will send the photo of the cardboard cover with serial number and the cover will be removed. I asked him to send the photos of drone and he sent these photos after 2-3 hours, that also suspicious to me. I think he may be sending a fake drone with the serial number and photos of original drone.

If he is sending a fake drone, you will know it right away when you receive it. This is why it is important to document it when you open the package by making a video with your phone or something else. Just to make sure you have proof of what you are receiving.

There is no other drone like it and cheap mavic mini clones are very different. First thing is they don't have gimball, and the camera is fixed. This is the first thing to check.

YOu will get a gray market for sure, which means it is the Mavic Mini but it was meant to be sold in another country than India so you will not have warranty and support in your country, that's all. It should be the exact same Mini that I buy in Canada or in the USA, but just without warranty. If it break, ou will have to send it somewhere locally for repair, or send it to another country for repair. Just be aware of this and be careful with it.
2020-5-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules