Are the latest drones now more reliable?
1302 5 2020-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darkuser999
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51890 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, it's been a while since I have been on here. So back in 2018, I had a dji spark which I took with me during my travels. But I suffered a random fly away. It was a total loss, including all the footage on the sd card. I did manage to get a body replacement after numerous calls with dji, but then I sold it soon after. I came to the conclusion that if fly aways were so common, in no way could I justify the time and effort on drones. But I still wanted a drone and loved the drone technology. I just wanted to wait until its matured a little more to the point of minimising fly aways. So are the latest models still prone to random fly aways?

2020-5-23
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

As far as DJI drones? I'd have to say yes. Incrementally.
2020-5-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there darkuser999. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to read about your past flying experience. For reference I will post a DJI link where it can help you with the issue of Flyaways. I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://store.dji.com/guides/top-5-ways-to-prevent-flyaways/
2020-6-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very much so - when comparing say a Mavic 2 to a Phantom 2 the difference in R&D feels like decades rather than years.
2020-7-10
Use props
Heiwhite
lvl.1

United States

Drone technologies have come a very long way in the past few decades. The latest DJI Ghost 4 Pro offers 30 minutes flight time according to their site. For the majority of drone pilots that are non-technical, this won't ever be enough. Considering the time spent flying upward and landing, you will have 20 minutes for footage. So make certain to purchase another battery pack or more to find a backup anytime you need. Should the Phantom 4 Pro is owned by you, you might want to wish to upgrade. It is going to bill the P4 Pro battery 40 minutes instead of 65 minutes on the regular charger.  Some extra recommend here https://www.automatedfl.com/about-us/ for Automatic Screw Feeder Machine Supplier
2020-8-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heiwhite Posted at 8-1 23:32
Drone technologies have come a very long way in the past few decades. The latest DJI Ghost 4 Pro offers 30 minutes flight time according to their site. For the majority of drone pilots that are non-technical, this won't ever be enough. Considering the time spent flying upward and landing, you will have 20 minutes for footage. So make certain to purchase another battery pack or more to find a backup anytime you need. Should the Phantom 4 Pro is owned by you, you might want to wish to upgrade. It is going to bill the P4 Pro battery 40 minutes instead of 65 minutes on the regular charger.  Some extra recommend here https://www.automatedfl.com/about-us/ for Automatic Screw Feeder Machine Supplier

I think you mean the Phantom... Nice try though LOL
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules