Drone Controller Display
1152 11 2020-5-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hope this finds you healthy. I tried out my Air 2 again this morning and the weather was ideal but my controller display was not. Using an Apple Ipod Touch (7th generation) as your display compared to using the Apple Ipad Mini 4 is like going back to Dialup after using Broadband. Needless to say the fights were brief but enjoyable as long as I focused on the drone and not on the display. I am looking at buying an Apple Ipad Mini 5 and today's experience will only hasten that purchase.
2020-5-24
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had no idea there was a 7th gen iPod touch!  Learn something new every day!
2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 5-24 12:00
I had no idea there was a 7th gen iPod touch!  Learn something new every day!

Sane here.
2020-5-24
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
United States

Hi. Do you really know you're sane? Hopefully if you're not sane your drone won't find out. From what I understand DJI really monitors crazy pilots.
2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selah1234 Posted at 5-24 15:31
Hi. Do you really know you're sane? Hopefully if you're not sane your drone won't find out. From what I understand DJI really monitors crazy pilots.

Darn computer isn't a mind reader. Hehe.
2020-5-24
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
United States

Vlas Posted at 5-24 17:10
Darn computer isn't a mind reader. Hehe.

They say one day some people's minds will be directly linked to computers. Maybe pilots will fly drones by just thinking where they want to go. If your mind is in the gutter that could cause some bad drone crashes. But on the other hand I wouldn't need an Ipad Mini 5. Crazy...
2020-5-24
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Selah1234 Posted at 5-24 17:59
They say one day some people's minds will be directly linked to computers. Maybe pilots will fly drones by just thinking where they want to go. If your mind is in the gutter that could cause some bad drone crashes. But on the other hand I wouldn't need an Ipad Mini 5. Crazy...

Thankfully I've avoided bad drone crashes. Crosses fingers.
2020-5-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Selah1234. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this flight experience you had with your DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device when operating your DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the said drone and with the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices for the said drone ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ) . Thank you and please stay safe always.

2020-6-3
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-3 19:52
Hello there Selah1234. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this flight experience you had with your DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder to please use a recommended mobile device when operating your DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes on both the said drone and with the DJI Fly application. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the list of recommended mobile devices for the said drone ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ) . Thank you and please stay safe always.

[view_image]

Stephen, that's all very well...but I can tell you from painful experience that the LG G6 is NOT compatible with either the Mini or the MA2 even though it is listed as such.
2020-6-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

GaryDoug Posted at 6-3 20:02
Stephen, that's all very well...but I can tell you from painful experience that the LG G6 is NOT compatible with either the Mini or the MA2 even though it is listed as such.

Hello there GaryDoug. Thank you for sharing this information with regards to your experience in using the LG G6 mobile device on the DJI Mavic Mini and on the DJI Mavic Air 2. Rest assure sir that this information will be cascaded to our DJI R&D team for further testing. Again thank you for your valued support.
2020-6-4
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

Air 2 to iPad mini 5 is just so so good. I know there are a few missing bits to be fixed with firmware but I am absolutely loving the Air 2, the iPad mini just really enhances the whole experience.
2020-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I need to add a few items that may be of interest.

The Samsung Tab A SM-T290 model (specific only) 8" tablet works fine with the Mini and the MA2 controllers, however it does not have an internal compass so that is a drawback in that the orientation display does not fully work.

The ASUS ZenPad Z8S P00J 16GB 7.9" tablet works fine with both and does have the internal compass.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules