Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrei193
Second Officer
Flight distance : 240856 ft
Romania

PART I here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid2168230
PART III here - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D593%26typeid%3D593

Although I accidentally pressed post before completing the whole list of accesories, I think it's better if I break it into three parts, because it seems these posts are getting a little bit too long for a one time read. Anyway, let's continue:

6. Osmo Pocket Wireless Module

This is an official accessory made by DJI. It has excelent build quality and enhances the Osmo Pocket functionality by enabling WiFi connectivity. This, to me seems like an essential accessory, but on the other hand it seems that this should have been integrated in the OP body from the start. I think nobody would have been upset if the Osmo Pocket was a little bit longer to accommodate the necessary circuitry. It doesn't seem to affect battery life too much and enables many creative things that you can do with the OP - like making a jib shot or faking aerial footage using long poles. It integrates very well with another accessory from this list - the PolarPro WiFi Tripod Harness. One caveat of it (that might be because of my phone - Iphone 6s) is that if you use high resolutions with high fps, the image preview quality is reduced compared with the physical connection, and it seems to have a little bit of delay.

Pros:
+ it enables an essential feature that unlocks many creative ways of using the Osmo Pocket;
+ it allows creative ways of mounting the Osmo Pocket while retaining the ability of using the phone as a bigger screen;
+ provides an alternative for those who don't like to use the physical connection to the phone;
+ good build quality;
+ it has a usb-c port that allows connectivity to an external power source.

Cons:
- it should have been integrated in the Osmo Pocket from the start;
- doesn't allow mic pass-through through that usb-c;
- the design by itself seems like an afterthought;
- you need third party accesories for allowing the osmo pocket to be mounted to anything;
- even if it had a 1/4''-20 thread, the way it's attached to the osmo pocket doesn't make it seem like a very secure fit;
- it should have had a 3.5 mm mick jack;
- the standalone price is too high for what it should have been an integrated feature. Buying the expansion pack helps a bit but not by much and only if you have a use for the DJI Accessory/Action Mount.

7. FeiyuTech Mini Tripod

This little and inexpensive accessory is something that all should have in their accessory kit. It's very versatile and provides a pretty good grip/stand to different accesories/cameras (e.g., Osmo Action) that need it. It comes very handy when you need to place your rig in places where a more bigger tripod will take to much space - like on a restaurant table. One of the drawbacks is that it's stability is directly affected by the height and weight of whatever you mount on top. Many different brands offer this type of accessory.

Pros:
+ versatile (can be used with other devices);
+ cheap price/high quality ratio is excelent;
+ it's footprint is very small yet pretty stable in controlled environments and using small cameras like the Osmo Pocket or Osmo Action;
+ very often you can find it in bundles with other useful accessories.

Cons:
+ (nitpick)  it's stability is directly affected by the height and weight of whatever you mount on top.

8. PgyTech Mini Carrying Case

This handy little carrying case is very versatile, with a pretty good build quality that offers good protection to your accessories (it's a hard case). PgyTech also offers a bigger version more in line with the GoPro one but I prefer this smaller size because I can modify it to make it a wearable bag.

Pros:
+ offers good protection to your accessories (it's a hard case);
+ it's customizable - it can be made to accomodate every kind of configuration that suits your needs;
+ has a cable organizer and a mesh pocket compartment;
+ cheap price/high quality ratio is excelent - it's price regularly drops;
+ it's small size forces you to take only the essential things that you need on your trip;
+ easy to carry/modify it as a wearable bag;

Cons:
+ (nitpick) I wish it was a little deeper;

PRO TIP: You can modify it to be a wearable bag by ataching some king of strap to the conveniently shaped bolts that hold the handle. In my case I used the Peak Design Anchor Links for a quick release setup.

9. PolarPro Vivid Collection/Cinema Series Circular Polarizer Filters

If you have to chose one pack of ND filters for the Osmo Pocket, get this one. PolarPro is known for it's high quality filters and it's vivid collection really does what it says. It enhances the contrast and saturation of colors and it's polarizer effect really makes the sky pop and reduces/eliminates the reflection on foliage and metal/glass/water surfaces. To my knowledge, it is the only brand of filters that have the magnets covered in a rubber texture to prevent lens scratching. I do wish it had the 32 ND filter but I know they sell custom packs.

Pros:
+ high quality construction and glass coatings that justify their premium price;
+ enhances the contrast and saturation of colors ;
+ rubber coating on the magnets to prevent scratches to the OP lens;
+ it's polarizer effect really makes the sky pop and reduces/eliminates the reflection on foliage and metal/glass/water surfaces.

Cons:
- (nitpick) I wished it came with the 32 ND filter considering it's premium price;
- It's case could be more compact designed.

10. Zoom HS-1 Hot/Cold Shoe Mount Adapter

This type of accessory is very handy but I wouldn't recommend this exact same model. It's small enough to earn it's pressence in any accesorry kit. I use it mainly for the times when I need to mount it on top of my DSLR, for taking pictures and video at the same time. It makes a great team with the PolarPro WiFi Tripod Harness. It doesn't grip very well and I had to use a small rubber washer for extra grip.

Pros:
+ small/doesn't take up much space;
+ provides a Hot/Cold Shoe Mount Adapter for mounting on top of a DSLR;
+ build quality is good but with a small caveat (it doesn't grip very well);

Cons:
- I think there are better alternatives from brands like Smallrig and Ulanzi;
- it's not grippy enough;
- kind of pricey for what it is (this brand).
DSC_6367.jpg
7-1.jpg
6-1.jpg
8-3.jpg
8-1.jpg
8-2.jpg
9-1.jpg
10-1.jpg
10-2.jpg
10-3.jpg
2020-5-25
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wireless module and extension rod for me.
2020-5-25
Use props
fansa6fda0fb
lvl.1
United States

I concur with your assesment on the wifi module, it should have been part of the core project. The camera is spot on with it's capabilities but the rest all seems aimed at 3rd party builds- complete BS. I expected more/better from dji as this is a real bummer and will most likely be dropped by them real soon and I mean real soon.
2020-5-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting stuff!
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there andrei193. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this wonderful post. You have an amazing DJI Osmo Pocket rig and accessories. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules