Love my Air 2
519 12 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JBruyet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 651998 ft
United States

Good morning! After working my way through some less expensive drones I recently purchased the Mavic Air 2 and I love it; I took it out yesterday and it's awesome! I was a little concerned about the complexity of this drone (my prevoius drones were pretty basic but I learned to fly with them) but it flies great - responsive and fun. I was hoping it would have a decent camera (my last drone was supposed to have a good camera but I was disappointed in it) and I'm loving the camera too. Sigh, now I need a new laptop - my current one doesn't have the horsepower to display the videos. More to come...

Thanks,

Joe B

2020-5-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on the new bird and welcome to the forum.
2020-5-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

2020-5-25
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Same here for processing I'm presently weighing options on laptop vs Macbook vs ipad pro each with pros and cons. Nice choice on the Air 2.
2020-5-25
Use props
JBruyet
lvl.1
United States

I'm used to Windows so that's probably the way I'll go. To get what I want will take some saving but my current laptop is a definite no go.  

It's my 4th drone but it's a huge jump up from where I was. I was a little hesitant but it flies so well I'm quickly getting comfortable with it.

Thanks,

Joe B
2020-5-27
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

JBruyet Posted at 5-27 17:41
I'm used to Windows so that's probably the way I'll go. To get what I want will take some saving but my current laptop is a definite no go.  

It's my 4th drone but it's a huge jump up from where I was. I was a little hesitant but it flies so well I'm quickly getting comfortable with it.

Hi. Welcome to this forum. What drones have you owned previously?
2020-5-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Joe B. Thank you for choosing DJI and congratulations on your new DJI Mavic Air 2. It is great to know that you are happy with your new DJI drone. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your DJI Mavic Air 2. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum we are all here to help and assist you. In addition I will be posting a link where in you can see some preflight safe checklist for you to be able to have a safe and wonderful fight experience ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_eu.pdf ). Thank you and happy flying always.
2020-5-29
Use props
JBruyet
lvl.1
United States

Selah1234 Posted at 5-27 20:28
Hi. Welcome to this forum. What drones have you owned previously?

Good evening Selah1234, my first drone was... it was an LBLA but I'm not sure about the model number. It was inexpensive and a wonderful first drone. I still have it and it has evidence of being a "first timer" drone. My second drone was a Holy Stone HS700D. Again, it wasn't too expensive and it was my first experience with a drone that has GPS. I was flying it and it was far enough away from me that I'm not sure where it was when it hit the ground. I caught an image from the camera and it was lying upside-down on the ground. Then an HS720. A little more pricey but an improvement over the 700D. I just gave it to my brother so his three children can learn about drones. Then it was time to go big - Mavic Air 2. All of my previous drones were given bumps and bruises so I wouldn't do that to this drone. Unfortunately this time of year the wind can be a bother for anyone who wants to fly a drone. LOL, there are times now when I'm driving somewhere and I'll think, "That looks like a good place to take some drone pix & vids." Sorry for the wordiness.

Thanks,

Joe B
2020-6-1
Use props
JBruyet
lvl.1
United States

Thanks DJI Stephen for the link. I've been randomly reading through the User Manual to make sure I'm doing things right. I just read that we're supposed to make sure the Wi-Fi is turned off when we're flying. I'll be sure to do that.

Thanks,

Joe B
2020-6-1
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

JBruyet Posted at 6-1 17:27
Thanks DJI Stephen for the link. I've been randomly reading through the User Manual to make sure I'm doing things right. I just read that we're supposed to make sure the Wi-Fi is turned off when we're flying. I'll be sure to do that.

Thanks,

Hi Joe. Sounds to me like you're working your way up the hierarchy of drone excellence. With the Mavic Air 2 I think you are very near the top (at least for drones that non-professional flyers can afford).  My first drone was a Parrot Bebop 2 , then the Mavic Mini, and now the Air 2. I had my WIFI turned off today when I flew and I got a prompt saying "Having WIFI on will increase location accuracy". Somebody hasn't decided what's best - having the WIFI on or off. Whatever.  Have fun and thanks for your reply.
2020-6-1
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Hi Joe, now that you've got a 'real" camera drone, you may want to read up on video editors, you may find that depending on what you choose, you can "proxy edit" which will allow you to get around some of your under powered computer issues.   There is a learning curve of course.

I've just gone from the Spark to the Air2, so the HVEC 4k60 video is a lot more taxing than anything that came out of the Spark at 1080p.  Upgrading one thing tends to lead to upgrading other things!  However, I edit 4k video from other sources and my laptop is 6 years old.  So there are workarounds.

Hope this helps.

Safe to say I think we all love our Air2s!

2020-6-1
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Magicdroner Posted at 6-1 17:39
Hi Joe. Sounds to me like you're working your way up the hierarchy of drone excellence. With the Mavic Air 2 I think you are very near the top (at least for drones that non-professional flyers can afford).  My first drone was a Parrot Bebop 2 , then the Mavic Mini, and now the Air 2. I had my WIFI turned off today when I flew and I got a prompt saying "Having WIFI on will increase location accuracy". Somebody hasn't decided what's best - having the WIFI on or off. Whatever.  Have fun and thanks for your reply.

That was likely your phone OS telling you that, not the drone software.
2020-6-1
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Northwood Posted at 6-1 20:18
That was likely your phone OS telling you that, not the drone software.

Hi Northwood. Yeah that sounds logical. Thanks.
2020-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules