Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does new FW 1.2.6 overheat Apple IOS as well?
2300 19 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogeruzun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325659 ft
United States

I updated my firmware to Version 1.2.6, and now my Phantom 3 Pro is basically a useless brick.  The Android app now overheats any device within a couple or minutes, either reducing the video performance to a 1 frame per 10 sec slideshow or locking up the device completely.

It did not do this at all before the FW update, I've tried this with my Samsung Galaxy S5 and my Google Nexus II.  Both devices overheat quickly in normal flight to the point the video feed becomes useless and misleading.

I can't seem to revert back to the old Firmware, so the P3 is a useless piece of junk right now.

Does the new firmware also cause overheating and massive video lag with the Apple devices, or is this limited to Android?

-Roger Uzun

2015-6-16
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

No. iPad mini 3 Works like before
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use an iPad so not sure about the Android devices. iPad seems OK heat wise.. Not read of any specific overheating issue related to the new firmware..

And no, you cannot downgrade the firmware..
2015-6-16
Use props
Helios
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone with iOS have the issue of VPS error?
2015-6-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Not here. Cool as a cucumber. ;-)
iPad mini 2. Everything is running great,

RedHotPoker
2015-6-16
Use props
DJeff1
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-17 03:35
Not here. Cool as a cucumber. ;-)
iPad mini 2. Everything is running great,

Good to hear for when they drop the FW for the I1. I too have a Mini 2.
2015-6-16
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

I uninstalled Google Play Services and its back to normal, no more massive video lag when overheating.  I think this pilot app is on the verge of overheating almost any android device.  Any little change to the firmware or the background apps like Google Play Services can push it over the edge heat wise and slow everything down so much you get massive video lag and stuttery slide shows.
2015-6-16
Use props
tim.providinc
lvl.1
United States

I am using iPhone 6 Plus and iOS ... and YES the video is lagging for me as well!!!  I just did my first test flight after the 1.2.6 upgrade and can confirm that my video is now lagging!  However I didn't notice an overheating issue.
2015-6-16
Use props
jwhite
lvl.1

United States

Yep using an iPhone 6+ and definitely having bad lagging issues
2015-6-16
Use props
giant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

rogeruzun@gmail Posted at 2015-6-17 03:49
I uninstalled Google Play Services and its back to normal, no more massive video lag when overheatin ...

My Android device works as expected and as usual with the new firmwarer installed. Must be something specific for your device...
2015-6-16
Use props
rogeruzun
lvl.3
United States

This firmware update has to be sending more data to the pilot app, causing the cpu to work a little harder.  The Android devices I have are all close to overheating with the pilot app, I bet the apple devices are as well.  I was able to get around it by uninstalling the Google Play Services app which also constantly uses CPU inthe background and will not allow itself to be shut off.  Once I did this I'm back to normal but the tablet still gets pretty hot.
2015-6-16
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Helios Posted at 2015-6-17 03:13
Does anyone with iOS have the issue of VPS error?

Yes, I have an iPd 2 Mini and get the VPS error.

The VPS is processed onboard not on the controller or tablet so would be surprised if it is related to the device being used.
2015-6-16
Use props
jg18970
lvl.2
United States

I'm getting the LAG in the PILOT APP also, I posted (probably in the wrong place) No problems with updates before and no problems with PILOT APP before.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-21686-1-1.html
2015-6-16
Use props
craigsum
New
Flight distance : 74055 ft
United States

p3p, iPad mini3 wi-fi  --  for the first time my iPad overheated today, before i updated to new firmware, thought it was just the fact that the local temp was pushing 100F.  first time overheating in three weeks of flying.
2015-6-16
Use props
jg18970
lvl.2
United States

Just got off of phone with DJI in response to "tearing" on Pilot APP FPV since update to 1.2.6.  Response was that the device (iphone) is the issue and they are working on it.  Have an iphone 6 (A8chip) so cant get faster device than that on iphone.  Dont know what Ipad has, if its faster you many not have this issue.  I assume this will apply to all other devices, Android that are having same issue.
2015-6-17
Use props
ebeez88
lvl.2

Canada

jg18970 Posted at 2015-6-18 02:55
Just got off of phone with DJI in response to "tearing" on Pilot APP FPV since update to 1.2.6.  Res ...

I have an iPad Mini 3 with the over heating and lagging issues as well. The Mini 3 (and 2) have the A7. My iPhone 6 handles it much better. Looking forward to a "quick fix" from DJI...
2015-7-6
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Yesterday it was really hot in germany, in fact the alltime record was broken. Thats why i tested the P3 in the late evening when temps dropped to 86 Fahrenheit or 30C. The Air2 worked without any problems, i had a sunshield installed and granted i only have one battery. the battery however was super hot after the flight and the motors. Thats why i wouldnt fly with the P3 in those temps and definately not 2 or more batteries in a row, that cant be healthy. The P2 was always handwarm
2015-7-6
Use props
Little132
lvl.2

United States

I'm having issues with lagging video. I am using Ipad Air. I shot some video on the 4th and it looks like slow motion. Are you having the same issues?
2015-7-6
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

DJI has recommended turning off the map logging feature.  Also disable video cache recording on the tablet.  That should help.
2015-7-7
Use props
Kel-photography
lvl.2

Hong Kong

tim.providinc Posted at 2015-6-17 03:56
I am using iPhone 6 Plus and iOS ... and YES the video is lagging for me as well!!!  I just did my f ...

I am using iPhone 6plus, the video feeds lag, overheat and reboot itself after a few minutes of flying even I followed the DJI recommendations.
2015-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules