Gimbal Jerk Issue
2067 5 2020-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niftiest
lvl.2
Flight distance : 279705 ft
United States

Greetings all, My gimbal seems to jerk fairly randomly on the flights I've taken thus far.

I've been scouring the forum trying to find more definitive answers. Most posts I've come across have the video removed so I'm not sure if I'm having the same issue as them. It happens vertically as you can see in the video, and if you tilt the camera all the way down (so it's viewing directly beneath it), it will jerk the camera upward as well (editing a video shortly to snag a clip of it happening and will post that up as well).

It's happened every time I've flown thus far. Low winds, low altitude, confirmed not in FPV mode. I've re-calibrated the drone, etc. Do I need to return it? Thank you for any info/feedback you can provide!

2020-5-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

You mean like this one? To be fair it has only happened once and that was while using a set of pontoons in a moderate cross wind.
2020-5-25
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

It happens sometimes, especially in sport mode and wind. Nothing to be worried about.
2020-5-25
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

deathsquad Posted at 5-25 19:25
It happens sometimes, especially in sport mode and wind. Nothing to be worried about.

Is it not odd that out of all the YT videos you see about these, not a single video/review mentioned that being something that happens from time to time?

Kinda concerning, no? lol
2020-5-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Niftiest Posted at 5-26 01:24
Is it not odd that out of all the YT videos you see about these, not a single video/review mentioned that being something that happens from time to time?

Kinda concerning, no? lol

Not concerning for me. It appears that the drone's angle of attack is beyond the gimbals range of motion when making sudden movements.
2020-5-26
Use props
Niftiest
lvl.2
United States

Will edit and upload a video a bit later after work showing it happening when I was moving forward only, no sudden movement/jerks, almost no wind, etc. I could totally chalk it up to jerky movement (as the video I show, does have me in Sport, and moving pretty harshly), It seems to happen to me even when just going forward (in Cinema mode, etc). Need to grab some editing software. I don't doubt this happens but for me it's happened at least 90% of the time thus far. Def a bit concerning. Thank you for the feedback.
2020-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules