Please give us the sharpness settings!!!
858 10 2020-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavGuido
lvl.4
Flight distance : 338793 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI,
i know every new game has his new rules, but the owners are not stupid and the Mavic Air 2 is an upgrade to the Mavic Air, so in this case it is highly irritating, that the Air 2 has no costum settings for sharpness, color and contrast.

I know the fly app is a more amateur friendly and lighter version of the go4 and i don´t know why DJI goes not with the combination of AIR2 an go4 app.
DJI, please please give us thoose settings back, the image of the AIR2 is soo much oversharped that every dark area is like a anthill².

Thank you and stay healthy.

2020-5-26
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

These are the small things that have kept me away from the Air 2 so far, as well as the SDK that could allow Litchi to give us Waypoints.
2020-5-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi MavGuido, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the lack of the sharpness, your need has been forwarded to our engineers for consideration. We will keep optimizing our products, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.
2020-5-26
Use props
Tommy L
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2029705 ft
United States

Thank you DJI Mindy.  This is also a common complaint I am hearing from YouTube videos like Philip Bloom's.  
2020-5-26
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-26 02:18
Hi MavGuido, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the lack of the sharpness, your need has been forwarded to our engineers for consideration. We will keep optimizing our products, please keep an eye on the future update on DJI website.

Thank you Mindy,
but what most of us do not understand is, why DJI has delete that function or did not integrate that like before in the air?
That is one of the most important things in the product and DJI didn't just build drones since yesterday, they know that very well.
For me it is like when Mercedes forget to build in an air conditioning like in the past, ups we make it in the next model. :-)

Thanks and regards

2020-5-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

MavGuido Posted at 5-26 14:45
Thank you Mindy,
but what most of us do not understand is, why DJI has delete that function or did not integrate that like before in the air?
That is one of the most important things in the product and DJI didn't just build drones since yesterday, they know that very well.

Maybe they should pretend it’s there like VW do ;+)::::
2020-5-26
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Why not just do this post flight?  It’s difficult to see detail on a phone.  Whilst I get that it is feature you may have used, it’s so much easier to get the look you want on a bigger screen.  I use the latest iPad Pro with the x265 codec, flies through processing.
2020-5-26
Use props
Joe Foreman
lvl.3
Australia

urbanweb Posted at 5-26 16:07
Why not just do this post flight?  It’s difficult to see detail on a phone.  Whilst I get that it is feature you may have used, it’s so much easier to get the look you want on a bigger screen.  I use the latest iPad Pro with the x265 codec, flies through processing.

The problem is removing over sharpened artifacts in post is MUCH harder than slightly sharpening neutral footage in post. All we are asking for is the ability to control the starting point of the footage before it hits the editing suite.
2020-5-26
Use props
urbanweb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 33963 ft
United Kingdom

Joe Foreman Posted at 5-26 16:39
The problem is removing over sharpened artifacts in post is MUCH harder than slightly sharpening neutral footage in post. All we are asking for is the ability to control the starting point of the footage before it hits the editing suite.

That makes sense.  I’m no expert, is the standard footage ever over sharpened?  If so, in what circumstances?  

2020-5-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2020-5-27
Use props
MavGuido
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

urbanweb Posted at 5-26 16:44
That makes sense.  I’m no expert, is the standard footage ever over sharpened?  If so, in what circumstances?

Yes heavy oversharped, you can see it if you take a closer look at around 300% in the org 4K60p footage.
You are right if you say, but i am zooming not so close, thats right, but even at 100% there is some sort of tingle all over the Image, that identifies the image as a non pro footage.

In my samples you can see a screengrab from org 4K footage straight out of the cam and the same with heavy denoising in Resolve. This is a working roundtrip, but not the best way while you loosing details that could not be resharped in post. Better is you have a clean unsharped image, that is good for resharpening for own needs.
2020-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules