Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 skin/wrap
18336 37 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob88
lvl.4

Canada

Has anyone skinned/wrapped their Phantom 3?  If so, please post pics.

Also, it seems like all the skins on ebay are for older Phantoms, and the skin for the old RC won't work with the new RC.  Anyone seen any new skins specifially made to fit the Phantom 3 body and remote?  The pic below is just an example of what I mean . . .

2015-6-16
Use props
Jack57
lvl.4

Canada

Check out this website!
http://www.roccitydesign.com
2015-6-16
Use props
MikeAngelo
lvl.3

United States

That T-Bomber is bad ass......where does that one come from??
2015-6-16
Use props
Rob88
lvl.4

Canada

MikeAngelo Posted at 2015-6-17 06:29
That T-Bomber is bad ass......where does that one come from??

Yes, I like that one too.  I just wish they would update it to fit the new remote control.  They also have another version . . .

You can find them here . . . Navy T-Bomber and here . . . Air Force

2015-6-16
Use props
Rob88
lvl.4

Canada

BTW, I was able to find a few that fit the P3 remote by doing a search on ebay, and then sorting by newest.  Not much there yet, unless you are a Superman fan.
2015-6-16
Use props
jeffgritchen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3117448 ft
United States

Rob88 Posted at 2015-6-17 06:45
Yes, I like that one too.  I just wish they would update it to fit the new remote control.  They a ...

That's funny. You have 'Made in the USA' stickers all over your Chinese drone
2015-6-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The carbon fiber models from scorpion drones are pretty bad azz looking...

RedHotPoker
2015-6-18
Use props
jmhirtle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118845 ft

Canada

Is there any reason to be worried the skins will some how block or reduce GPS locks?
2015-6-18
Use props
Jack57
lvl.4

Canada

jmhirtle@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-19 05:37
Is there any reason to be worried the skins will some how block or reduce GPS locks?

Or even perhaps add weight? idk
2015-6-18
Use props
Jack57
lvl.4

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-19 04:48
It looks bad ass But Black Colours absorb heat... Would that not make your p3 much more hot?
2015-6-18
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.1

United States

I love the Carbon Fiber look however i really question if that is a good idea in terms of weight, sensors, and most of all...heat.
2015-6-18
Use props
Rob88
lvl.4

Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-19 04:48

Hadn't heard of Scorpion before.  I Googled them and the carbon models say "carbon color".  It doesn't say much more about how they do it, but I'm guessing it's that new hydrographic technique.  I agree with the other posters about black . . . could get pretty hot on a sunny day.
2015-6-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Plenty of cloudy days, overcast, flying in the early evening too.
http://www.lumecube.com/164.html
But for sheer look appeal, they are very Cool!! ;-)

I like the Army camouflage model too.

Something for some, who want to be different, not for everyone.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-18
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

jeffgritchen Posted at 2015-6-18 15:30
That's funny. You have 'Made in the USA' stickers all over your Chinese drone

actually the stickers are made in China as well!
2015-7-12
Use props
Panther6834
lvl.1

United States

While their skins are some of the best (not to mentionhaving one of the largest design selections I've seen), what impressed me mostwas their Hydro Graphic Dip options.  This looks like a MUCH betterchoice.  While it is considerably more costly, it does provide thebenefit that it won't come off as easily as skins (ie. "stickers")do.  While having the transmitter done to match, "completing thepackage" so-to-speak, would be "cool", I don't see it as anecessity.  Besides, that adds an additional $120 (rebuild laborcharge) to the cost.  Of course, if you're not comfortable withswapping the P3's electronics yourself, you can always ship your P3 to them,and pay them another $125 to swap everything for you.  Personally,most of us have the ability to do that ourselves.

2015-9-21
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Interesting that everyone seems interested in all these graphics.  They look great, but what do they do to the visibility in case you are out looking for your downed quad?  Rhetorical question.
2015-9-21
Use props
griff.evans47
lvl.1

United States

Jack57 Posted at 2015-6-18 16:40
It looks bad ass But Black Colours absorb heat... Would that not make your p3 much more hot?

I fly in Texas. Heat is always a problem. Summer hits around 125° F. I'd love a chrome covered one if it didn't add too much weight.
2015-9-22
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.3

United States

I wonder if these would make it difficult to find body cracks during pre-flight inspections...
2015-9-22
Use props
Zdrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1805141 ft
  • >>>
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-21 15:00
Interesting that everyone seems interested in all these graphics.  They look great, but what do they ...

I'm more concerned about seeing it in the sky.  A skin (theoretically) would be easier to see for the pilot and for the concerned public looking for a white drone, that wants to rat on you, not as easy to spot.  I don't plan on crashing, but if I do I have a gps tracker.
2015-9-22
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

jmhirtle@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-19 05:37

no to blocking gps, but id be worried if for whatever reason it peels off and with the wind getting under the skin, it somehow tears off and entangles itself in the motor and props
2015-9-22
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.3

Philippines

I saw in Amazon.com there are some nice decal designs affordable price. Some do look really cool. From the customer's feedback, it seems some are quite hard to stick properly on the bird i.e. after sometime the decal will peel off at the side. Anyone here has tried these decals? :-)
2015-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Customize your craft...
http://www.roccitydesign.com/Cus ... ansmitter_p_34.html
With specific for Phantom 3. . .

Light em up..

RedHotPoker

2015-9-22
Use props
canucobb
lvl.1

United States

Mine is coming next week, will post pics then.
2015-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I look forward to seeing your completed kit. It sounds awesome, already.
Yes, please post pics, If you figure out how, when attempting to post pics of your new tri blades? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-9-22
Use props
chrroman
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I have wrapped mine. Bought from the same amazon company listed above. Been flying with it about a month now. My experience is kind of two fold. The wrap looks dope on the drone but could have been cut better. I had small bubbling around the vents and the glue wasnt strong enough to hold some of the edges down if you wrap it really tight like I did. So I improvised using the extra lining around the actual decals. Flying with the wrap is no different. I did crash into some branches and Im pretty sure my drone would have been scuffed the efff up if the wraps werent on. So, if you want that extra bit of protection and a diff look then go with it.
2015-9-23
Use props
milbear
lvl.1

United States

I would like to see a neon orange skin.
2015-12-6
Use props
milbear
lvl.1

United States

milbear Posted at 2015-12-6 20:25

Is it just me thinking this? Covering the top is nice. looks good and help protect however I would like to see someone to do a top and bottom set. Especially the bottom portion in a very HIGH VIS. Lets face it , no matter how bright the top is . that is not the portion you see when flying.  ... Just a thought.
2015-12-6
Use props
Predden
Flight distance : 148015 ft
Sweden

milbear Posted at 2015-12-7 03:25

I just made this one today... havent tested it in the air yet.. High reflective orange.

2016-4-18
Use props
scottybm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

hey Predden, Can you share your template so I can cut my own. I have a plotter too. Or did you get that from phantomrap.
My only concern is the GPS signal. If I just place my hand on top of my drone it starts to loose GPS.I used mine to put my phone number on the bottom and my FAA Reg number

Decal

Decal
2016-4-18
Use props
joshhill

United States

Does anyone know if there are NFL skins for the phantom 3 ?
2016-4-18
Use props
Predden
Flight distance : 148015 ft
Sweden

I got bored with the orange skin so i made a new one with a "swedish airforce look".

2016-4-25
Use props
foccustv
New

Colombia

Predden Posted at 2016-4-18 12:11
I just made this one today... havent tested it in the air yet.. High reflective orange.

buen dia, es posible que me facilite el diseño por email en algun formato que yo pueda hacer mi propio estilo. tiene las medidas o plantilla que se debe usar
2016-6-23
Use props
guns&cameras
lvl.1

United States

Very cool fellas...Might be a way to make some side $...I'd be interested.
2016-6-23
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3862808 ft

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-19 07:18
Plenty of cloudy days, overcast, flying in the early evening too.
But for sheer look appeal, they ar ...

If I find Navy digital camo, I'm in.
2016-8-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Predden Posted at 2016-4-25 10:44
I got bored with the orange skin so i made a new one with a "swedish airforce look".

If you were to Add some Lume Cubes to that awesome war ship, then you are capable for awesome night missions. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Nice decals.
2016-8-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Right down to the rivets in the aircraft aluminum. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2016-8-28
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

It's incredible what a little light can do. . .

image.jpeg

Using Two is amazing... Haha

RedHotPoker

2016-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules