Canada

Nice functional rig.
2020-5-28
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

looks really nice. is the supplied cable long enough? if not, which cable to you use to make it works?
2020-5-28
Use props
vitaly258
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311375 ft
United Kingdom

motia Posted at 5-28 11:00
looks really nice. is the supplied cable long enough? if not, which cable to you use to make it works?

Supplied cable is not long enough. I use Anker usb-c to usb-c for my iPad Pro
2020-5-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very large overkill all that is needed is a plastic clip look on ebay
2020-5-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks nice!
2020-6-2
Use props
djiuser_Nypa5sYCmafJ
lvl.1

United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 5-28 20:38
Very large overkill all that is needed is a plastic clip look on ebay

I think one of the benefits of this over the clip/extension type is that this places the tablet towards the user more. More over the center of the controller, which helps with the larger tablet's weight distribution.
2020-6-4
Use props
tbhausen
lvl.2
United States

Nice… I have one of these inbound and will have it in a day or two. I also ordered the USB-C to Lightning cable and 75 cm landing pad, all by PGYTECH.
2020-6-4
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

I use this same exact setup with an iPad Mini 5.

For me, this works exceedingly well. Weight, balance, screen size - all perfect!
2020-6-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same setup with an ASUS 8" tablet. If you just use the hangers, your tablet is in almost the same plane as the antenna supports, putting the antennae direction at right angle to the optimal viewing angle. So if the MA2 is far away and low, you have to point the antennae at it and that makes it very hard to seen the tablet screen without having to bend over it. Not only that, a sunscreen works worse in that attitude. The adapter mount makes it possible to adjust the viewing angle for best result while keeping the antennae pointed where you want them.
This cable works perfectly for me: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 1_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a problem with either method however. The clamps on the MA2 remote are not very strong in pull force. So the heavier and larger tablet and mount (of any kind) can easily become loose from the RC. I solved that by using a small long machine screw , large plastic washers and a wing nut to fasten the mount to the antennae rails.

2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules