864 16 2020-5-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Just a quick one had some weird issue with the batteries today. I followed the process charging one by one etc. My first flight the other day they worked however today two of them today displayed communication errors. Now getting back I turned the drone on tested both of them didnt get the error. Does anyone know what on earth is going on ???? Last thing I want is the battery to screw up mid flight and it to drop out the sky

Also is there a follow mode in the DJI Fly app? not sure if im being stupid but can't seem to find how you would follow yourself with it.
Lastly I can't seem to see my photos taken within the DJI Fly App, is this for everyone or just me?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Edit: I have just watched a video on how to Trace however I tried that and it didnt move an inch lol, there was a point where it looked like the camera was tracking but not the actual drone.
2020-5-28
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1439265 ft
United States

Im not sure about the battery but I had to update both of mine when I received the drone maybe try that. The follow mode is where you either drag a box around a subject just in the normal mode (there isn't a specific follow mode) or you can hit a green plus to track. The photos should be just under the record button too. Hope that helps.
2020-5-28
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stoney. Posted at 5-28 13:09
Im not sure about the battery but I had to update both of mine when I received the drone maybe try that. The follow mode is where you either drag a box around a subject just in the normal mode (there isn't a specific follow mode) or you can hit a green plus to track. The photos should be just under the record button too. Hope that helps.

Nice one thanks appreciate it! I will give that a go.
2020-5-28
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

Your welcome hope that works!
2020-5-28
Use props
Stoney.
lvl.2
United States

Frank13011 Posted at 5-28 13:15
Nice one thanks appreciate it! I will give that a go.

Your welcome hope that helps!
2020-5-28
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

DJI Fly would not update the firmware of my batteries, I had to run DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic on my Windows 10 computer to do that. Two of my three batteries produced a message about a compatibility issue, and that an update was required.
2020-5-28
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MisterFrag Posted at 5-28 13:27
DJI Fly would not update the firmware of my batteries, I had to run DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic on my Windows 10 computer to do that. Two of my three batteries produced a message about a compatibility issue, and that an update was required.

Ah ok cool interesting, I had mine plugged into the PC the other day but there was no update prompts. Do you have go do this all manually or should it just prompt you?

Cheers
2020-5-28
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Frank13011 Posted at 5-28 13:38
Ah ok cool interesting, I had mine plugged into the PC the other day but there was no update prompts. Do you have go do this all manually or should it just prompt you?

Cheers

Hi. Were you using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic program on your Windows 10 PC ? The obvious but sometimes the obvious is what is needed.
2020-5-28
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

You need to install the program and then connect the Mavic Air 2 using the USB cable provided with the drone (or another cable if your computer doesn't have a USB-A port). When you run DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, you should see your Mavic Air 2 as being detected. Click on it and then check for firmware updates. Do this with each of your batteries.

One thing that's confusing about the program is that "Refresh" doesn't refresh the status and check for a firmware update. Instead it flashes (refreshes) the drone with the selected firmware version. If that's the same version that's already installed, it shouldn't be necessary.
2020-5-28
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Selah1234 Posted at 5-28 14:00
Hi. Were you using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic program on your Windows 10 PC ? The obvious but sometimes the obvious is what is needed.

Yeah I was! Thanks anyway
2020-5-28
Use props
Coheavand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183051 ft
Singapore

For what it's worth, I had a battery update from just using the Fly app.
Also, if you simply drag or select target - you'll be in Spotlight mode. That's the mode that tracks you, but not move the drone.

For Active track (which follows you), you can choose the option on the left. Looks like a box with a dot in the middle.

On the right is Point of Interest. That's another sort of tracking but the drone circles about the selected point.

Hope this helps!
2020-5-28
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Coheavand Posted at 5-28 19:19
Also, if you simply drag or select target - you'll be in Spotlight mode. That's the mode that tracks you, but not move the drone.

Legend thanks so much! I will give it a test soon!

Strange because one of the dodgy batteries has now done a firmware update the other one hasn't. Guess i should try and compare versions and make sure they're all on the same one!
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Frank13011, sorry for the trouble with the batteries, please follow this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1 Scenario 2 to wake up the battery correctly, then ensure the firmware of the batteries all have been updated to the latest version to see whether the error persists.
Mavic Air 2 supports FocusTrack, please check the details here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.0_en_.pdf
For the pictures in the DJI Fly,  when the aircraft is still connecting, please enter Playback and download, you will be able to check both in the Editor and your phone.
2020-5-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Frank,

You are not the only one - I don't seem to see photos in the DJI Fly Album either when I disconnect from the drone (without downloading the footage).
It seems that DJI Fly cashes videos but not photos.

Mirek
2020-5-29
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

My batteries updated to newest firmware through DJI Fly app as well. I did not need to use DJI Assistant.

Mirek
2020-5-29
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Thanks, this clears up something I struggled with on my last flight....
2020-5-29
Use props
Frank13011
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah perfect thanks everyone for your help! Yeah that's exactly it, videos cache but not photos. I can't even view the photos form the SD card / Drone storage when its connected. I have to take the card out and plug into the PC.

With regards to tracking mode the only reason I can think it didn't work for me was because I was wearing a green jumper and so it couldn't work out I wasnt grass lol. At least I hope thats the reason! Will give it another go soon!

All around though really happy with it, the connection strength is leagues ahead of my previous Mavic Mini & Dji Spark. Certainly makes you much more confident flying!
2020-5-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules