Will Mavic Air 2 batteries swell similarly to Mavic 2?
455 3 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iain MacRae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158914 ft

United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm going to sell my phantom 3 pro having repaired cracks on it, I was going to move to a Mavic Air 2, but might wait to see if their batteries have the same swelling issues, what do you think? Can anyone give an idea of how many flights/cycles mavic 2 batteries would actually last before swelling in a climate like the UKs?

Thanks,

Iain
2020-5-29
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

It all depends on how they are handled.  Warranty is 6 months/200 charges which ever occurs first.
As long as you don't recharge them when they are warm/just expended (let them cool completely), after your flights,
Recharge the batteries to 50 percent of full charge to store. ( I have my auto discharge set to 3 days)
If you are not flying for a longer period of time, say 3/4 months because of sucky weather, just charge them up, and cycle them down to 50 percent. I try to do it every 10/12 weeks if no flights.
50 percent charge is the storage voltage per DJI manual.
Now, as to how long the batteries will last? Anything made by a human can fail. But thru battery managment, they can be prolonged. I am still on my original batteries from 3 years ago, and still get flight times of about 25 minutes each, just easy flying. It is a camership, correct?
Oh, and never leave them in a hot or freezing vehicle. Lipo's really hate that.....

2020-5-29
Use props
Iain MacRae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 158914 ft

United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 5-29 11:03
It all depends on how they are handled.  Warranty is 6 months/200 charges which ever occurs first.
As long as you don't recharge them when they are warm/just expended (let them cool completely), after your flights,
Recharge the batteries to 50 percent of full charge to store. ( I have my auto discharge set to 3 days)

I'll be sure to store my batteries properly, I didn't really have much sympathy for my phantom, I understand the drones and how they should be treated a lot more than I did now, so hopefully I'll get a lot of life out of it. Saying that, my phantoms batteries are still perfect with no swelling, one 94% capacity and the other 95% after two and a half years and 15 hours of flight.
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi lain, thanks for your interest in Mavic Air 2, the battery's status depends on how you maintain it daily. Please follow the Safety Guidelines and taking good care of the batteries will extend the battery life: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_Guidelines_eu.pdf
2020-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules