Motor start error out of the box, goes away after reboot
442 6 2020-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

Anyone had their Mavic Air 2 report motor start / obstructed props errors on first spinup, out of the box?

It was pretty weird, i unpacked it, updated everything, charged all the batteries, rebooted one last time, tried a spinup and got the error. It didn't even try to spin them up, no sound or movement out of the motors, even though they did their ESC song and dance at the boot just fine.

One reboot of the app and the drone later, and it started just fine.

I'm fairly sure it's some kind of a software bug, but am mildly worried there might be something wrong with the ESCs / power distribution...
Anyone experienced anything similar?
2020-5-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi 0rcinus, sorry to read the trouble with the drone, it is recommended to update the firmware and DJI FLY APP to the latest version and then do more tests to see whether the error happens again. If yes, please don't hesitate to contact us again.
2020-5-30
Use props
0rcinus
lvl.3
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-30 02:45
Hi 0rcinus, sorry to read the trouble with the drone, it is recommended to update the firmware and DJI FLY APP to the latest version and then do more tests to see whether the error happens again. If yes, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

This happened immediately after updating both.

It stopped happening after rebooting the phone, RC and drone one more time, but i’ll keep an eye on it incase it happens again.
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

0rcinus Posted at 5-30 06:13
This happened immediately after updating both.

It stopped happening after rebooting the phone, RC and drone one more time, but i’ll keep an eye on it incase it happens again.

Please ensure the propellers are mounted properly and the propellers are in good condition. If it happens again, keep us updated with the screenshot of the error message, thank you.
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_jNHml8DPsPWx
New

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 01:13
Please ensure the propellers are mounted properly and the propellers are in good condition. If it happens again, keep us updated with the screenshot of the error message, thank you.

Hello this has happened to me but done the reboot and i am up to date with the software. Please help
2020-6-1
Use props
djiuser_jNHml8DPsPWx
New

Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-31 01:13

Hello this has happened to me but done the reboot and i am up to date with the software. Please help
2020-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_jNHml8DPsPWx Posted at 6-1 10:02

Does the error persist? Please ensure to attach the propellers with marks to the motors with marks and the unmarked propellers to the motors without marks. Press each propeller down onto the motors and turn until it is secure.
Please rotate motors by hand and compare the speed of different motors to see whether the four motors can be rotated smoothly and do not make abnormal noise.

2020-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules