Broken prop during flight
602 4 2020-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HSu4GWB5vd7A
lvl.1

United States

I just recently got a Phantom 4 pro. I flew it about 6 times and never had trouble. I took it out while boating with my friends and flew it once and it was fine. I landed it and we went to another spot to film and that’s when the drone’s prop appeared to have broken in half during flight. Unfortunately I was not able to recover the drone in time because it sank to the bottom of the lake...it had plenty of battery and wind was not a factor because there was hardly any wind during that day and I was not getting the “high wind velocity” warning. (I checked and it was 2mph) I was very anxious about the props being put on the right way and each time I put them on, I gave them a twist to make sure they were on correctly. I was about 10 minutes into flight and everything was fine and then all of a sudden the drone loses control and falls out of the sky and into the water. I reviewed the footage and you can see the broken prop. I have that attached below. Is there any kind of claim I can make? It’s really upsetting because I don’t have the money to buy another drone right now and won’t for awhile. I guess I shouldn’t have bought it because of how expensive it was but that’s my bad.
D74FAD55-17DC-456B-8814-326AEE9770B2.jpeg
2020-5-30
Use props
djiuser_HSu4GWB5vd7A
lvl.1

United States

And no it was not under warranty
2020-5-30
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

wow !! sorry for your lose
2020-5-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am very sorry to hear about the accident. Please contact our support via email on the following link to start a case first, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. If it is confirmed a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to the aftersales policy. http://www.dji.com/support
2020-5-31
Use props
djiuser_HSu4GWB5vd7A
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 5-31 03:58
I am very sorry to hear about the accident. Please contact our support via email on the following link to start a case first, data analysis can be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. If it is confirmed a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to the aftersales policy. http://www.dji.com/support

How long are the warranties usually?
2020-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules