12Next >
5734 66 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I updated and now my video link is weak, starts stuttering real bad at 200 meters when I had no problem going 3km regularly for 27 other flights on the previous firmware and I get vision positioning errors telling me there is a problem with the vps and to land immediately..  It flys still but I'm not risking it. My p3 will stay on the ground until the next firmware update or dji lets us roll back to the previous version for now.  Like take the previous version and change the version number so the p3 thinks it's upgrading when it's actually downgrading because this firmware isn't safe and that would be the fastest solution to getting us in the air I think.  The other thing that scared me is I was 105 meters high and 250 meters out and I swear the p3 looked like it dropped a good 30 meters when the throttle stick was at center and it should have been holding altitude..  It scared me for a second cuz I thought it was going to hit the ground hard until it stopped dropping..  After that it seemed like it wasn't as high as I'm use to seeing it for what the old was telling me for height..  It appeared to be off 30 meters at least..   Like the osd on my iPad was saying 70 meters high and it appeared to be only about 40 meters high.  Then I landed it and shut it off and powered it back up again and I got the vps error again and the height readings appeared to be normal again. But I didn't stay up I brought it down yo see how it would hover between 0 to 4 meters and it wasn't as stable as it use to be..  No matter what it would only hover at 2 meters. If I went up to 4 meters and let off the throttle stick it would come right back down ton2 meters. If I lowed the p3 to just above the sidewalk it would during right back to 2 meters as soon as I let off the throttle stick..  Over 9 meters it seemed to hold it alt position..  So vps definitely Hassan issue after the update

So please dji pull that new firmware off your site! And figure out a way we can all go back to version 1.1.9 please!

2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark, I doubt a downgrade will be available no matter how many threads you make ..

Yes there seems to be some issues related to VPS and they will be sorted..
2015-6-16
Use props
flyingwaco
lvl.1

Switzerland

I have big problem too. Back please
2015-6-17
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

It's not just vps, video is real bad and it can't hold altitude...  And I didn't try to make more than 1 thread it just wasn't working so I tried a few times
2015-6-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

They have never downgraded that I know of...ever!

Here is a great solution. When a new firmware comes out, do not run and upgrade right away. Wait a month.
Then you won't have to plead with DJI and wait longer for a fix since your bird will work.
2015-6-17
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-17 20:18

Here is a great solution. When a new firmware com ...

Just upgraded my P3P, on latest IOS ( IPad Air ).

Tested and flown, no issues at all.

Nick
2015-6-17
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nick Martin Posted at 2015-6-17 21:06

Someone mentioned that it may be worse on the Advanced models. Who knows?
I've had VPS off since the first week and I'm not about to turn it on...don't need it.
2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nick, DJI has acknowledged that there is an issue with VPS.  I would recommend that you turn it off until there is a solution.  The issue of the 30M drop is of concern and rather than post here I would contact DJI and send them your Flight Data Log so we can see what happened.  That has not been reported by anyone else on multiple forums.  The version checking on the P3 will not allow you to go back to a prior version of the firmware.
2015-6-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-17 23:01
Nick, DJI has acknowledged that there is an issue with VPS.  I would recommend that you turn it off  ...

That has been reported by multiple users Ed. Myself included.
2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-18 05:41
That has been reported by multiple users Ed. Myself included.

And it has been acknowledged by DJI.  You want it fixed in the next 10 minutes.  Not going to happen give us some time to come up with a solution.  
2015-6-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-18 06:02
And it has been acknowledged by DJI.  You want it fixed in the next 10 minutes.  Not going to happ ...

Woah. Hold on there Ed. Don't take your frustrations on me. I never said I wanted anything fixed in 10 minutes. I would like a product that I can feel comfortable with flying. I was up until the last FW update. I do think it is irresponsible to play down a serious set of misbehaviors that have popped up since this update. Simply saying "turn off VPS" is dangerous. It is so because it does not help my flight problems at all. I am personally not operating mine until a new FW is released. Up until now, I have had nothing but faith in the company and enjoy the product. I still do but am disappointed that I took a unit from perfect working condition to multiple problems after a FW that the company all but commands you to do. I will be much more cautious now with updating due to the fact that I really enjoy my time flying and have lots of time to do it. Sorry for ruffling your feathers but mine are too.
2015-6-17
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Nick Martin Posted at 2015-6-17 21:06

Braggart!

Seriously, good on you!
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-17 17:41
It's not just vps, video is real bad and it can't hold altitude...  And I didn't try to make more th ...

Mark Help me out on this I cant get any answers,  When you say you cant hold altitude exactly what do you mean?  When I return back from a flight my altimeter reads 30, 50 ft. or more at ground level, If I let it set and hover at several feet, it will eventually touch down on its own, Everything is calibrated on top of calibrated, It is apparently slipping in flight also,  just looking at it it looks like it may either just be losing altitude constantly, or loosing a little each time you start to move forward or hit the brakes, with the altimeter not moving I can take it up to 200 ft hold it right there on the altimeter, fly around a while , come back to ground and I am off usually 30 to 50 ft.  lower than what the altimeter says, It screws with my head, look at my avatar,  check your altimeter after your flights for me and see what your getting, its easy not to notice after the flight, I have heard of a few doing this I just hope it is not a 600.00 component.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-12667-1-1.html
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-17 23:01
Nick, DJI has acknowledged that there is an issue with VPS.  I would recommend that you turn it off  ...

Tahoe Ed
Please help me out on this I am getting a huge drop through the flight please read my post here There are other threads last week that a few were seeing the drops in altitude during flight also. Mine has done this from the begginning , through out all of the upgrades, regardless of vps on or off. please help get a thread going to pin this bug down.

2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 15:08
Mark, I doubt a downgrade will be available no matter how many threads you make  ..

Yes there see ...

Hey sploodge I have been trying to get your attention on this altitude loss problem for several days There are a few of us seeing this, mine is real bad maybe not as bad as marks but very bad, there have been some threads with others saying same thing it may be happening more than you think,  as its easy not to pay any attention to what your altimeter says after you have the phantom back in your hand, help us out on pinning this down.
2015-6-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-17 20:18

Here is a great solution. When a new firmware com ...

What do you mean, they downgraded Phantom 2 FW in the past, they pulled them from the servers
2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-6-18 07:23
Woah. Hold on there Ed. Don't take your frustrations on me. I never said I wanted anything fixed i ...

No problem.  I was just trying to give you an interim solution to your problem.  You can choose to use it or not.  It is not my craft.
2015-6-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-18 09:33
Tahoe Ed
Please help me out on this I am getting a huge drop through the flight please read my pos ...

If that is the case then you need to contact DJI directly and get a RMA.
2015-6-17
Use props
rhutty
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Guys, I'm new to all this. Only have about 10 hours on the P3 Pro, 70 some flights. This is my first quad, bought as a camera platform to aid my new video business.
I have never complained before but, I too am noticing uncomanded changes in altitude. If left at 8ft it will descend on its own. Yesterday I had my first ever "land immediately" because of VPS fault (Did land and disabled it)
On start up comes up with calibrate IMU since 1.1.9 (I never have) it clears after about 1 minute.
Seems unusually buggy now. As I said , I have never complained or even tried to contact DJI before, but come on, as one of the usually "silent majority" I expected better then this.
Regards RayH
2015-6-18
Use props
christoph.r
New

Germany

Hey there, I have the same problems concerning the IMU like rhutty:

IMU fails to start, needs to calibrate and then it wipes itself after a minute or so. Also it gives me the warning: "Gyroscpoe bias too high" or sometimes "No Attitude Data" (sic! not "altitude").
2015-6-18
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

l wasn't aware that DJI acknowledged issues with the VPS! Where is this acknowledgement, l'd like to read it so l can choose whether or not to leave it engaged (as it has been since l got it).
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-18 14:40
If that is the case then you need to contact DJI directly and get a RMA.

Is everyone supposed to send there unit back,  look at the polls over 50% are having problems, If we all sent our units in that are having trouble we would never get them back. This altitude loss is a serious matter, along with all of the other scary error messages, what I am trying to do is determine if this is a hardware or software problem, and get the info to dji,  I am getting kind of sick of being a beta tester, at my expense, for this company, I have had nothing but support for dji and there products, but this denial crap and failure to address these issues, and questions is getting damn irritating, I am not getting an rma to wait 6 or 8 weeks, and then have the situation addressed by software or not addressed at all. quit getting pissed at us and short with your answers, we have a sizable investment here and we expect better than this.  
2015-6-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-18 20:30
Is everyone supposed to send there unit back,  look at the polls over 50% are having problems, If w ...

If you think that 50% of our users are having problems then I am not sure where you are getting your information.  The forums are not a good indicator of user experience.  Those that have no issues to not post here.
2015-6-18
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

christoph.r@ast Posted at 2015-6-18 17:31
Hey there, I have the same problems concerning the IMU like rhutty:

IMU fails to start, needs to c ...

I got this error as well.

I upgraded all the firmware on Monday night in my house. Put it away. Then last night I went out to fly it and it wouldn't take off because of this same message. Said the IMU needed to be calibrated. I ran that process 3 times before it would take off.

Another thing, I saw a 'home' icon on the map in the lower left corner, but when I went to manually set a Home point it gave me a "Unable to add home point" or something along those lines. Why?
2015-6-18
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-19 04:04
If you think that 50% of our users are having problems I am not sure where you are getting your informaion.  The  ...

Great customer service reasoning.
2015-6-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobbyB Posted at 2015-6-19 04:40
Great customer service reasoning.

No, reality speaking.
2015-6-18
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

Commas are your friend, use them.
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-19 04:04
If you think that 50% of our users are having problems then you are smoking some good stuff.  The  ...

Man Ed
what is the matter with you?  quit taking out your frustrations on us I asked for some help and input from others before I send this in for months to be repaired if its even necessary.  I am trying to determine if others are having this same problem with the altimeter readings , obviously loosing altitude in flight, quit cranking around,  and do your job help determine if this is a few isolated problems with hardware,  or a wholesale software problem that dji needs to be aware of,  Maybe you need to set back and smoke a good one.  And knock that kind of crap off,  are you going to accuse everyone here that's having problems, as  being dope smokers, I am offended you a*# You need to apologize not only to me but to everyone on this forum.   
2015-6-18
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I generally don't post on forums with problems but I just have to add my 2 cents. There is DEFINITELY a problem with this FW upgrade. I am one of the "few" with these problems. My bird was flying 100% before the FW upgrade and now it cannot hover without losing height and it drifts sideways. Even if we fall into the category of the "few" having problems, we are still as important as the "many" who don't have problems. I am definitely NOT asking for an immediate fix, all I would like is for DJI to admit that there are problems and that they are being looked at.
2015-6-19
Use props
volek.volny
lvl.2

Czechia

Same problems here, cant maintain height, height readings off - bigger than reality after few minutes of flight, weird flying...
2015-6-19
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

I refuse to render my craft into the useless state by installing the new FW. I will stick wit the 1.1.9 until the next update comes out and even then, I will wait until the guinea pigs (those that immediately update) have done so and see what kind of problems they are having prior to even considering the process.  I think that it really STINKS and is TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE that DJI releases FW software that renders peoples crafts into dangerous or useless states.  A fix in the next 10 min. ?  Shouldn't even need a fix if they were doing their job properly.  If this is what you call leading the industry, then it is in deep trouble.
2015-6-19
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-17 22:18
Someone mentioned that it may be worse on the Advanced models. Who knows?
I've had VPS off since t ...

I have an advance version with the latest FW update. I have flown a couple batteries now. No issues I can notice with VPS on or off. Very stable at low and higher altitudes even with gusting winds.  Slight video lag on my samsung tablet but it seems no worse than before the update. The tablet might be running warmer now though i didnt pay close attemtion before.
2015-6-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-19 06:04
Man Ed
what is the matter with you?  quit taking out your frustrations on us I asked for some help ...

Wow - first you were going to return it for good. Most of your posts say your are tired of all this crap. You did say a "poll showed 50%" and used that as a reasoning.

You really should either sell your unit or adjust your expectations of how you get individually addressed on a USER TO USER forum. This is for folks to help each other, not an open forum for each of the 500,000+ DJI owners to have full dialogs with the company.

The old Golden Rule applies. If you truly feel you cannot feel safe with your unit, contact PP or your CC company or - if you still want to be a DJI owner, send it back to them.

It's a hobby toy, for gawds sake...not worth your time unless your goal is to feel that you own others and they should apologize to you for hurting your feelings.

Maybe you'd be best using chat, email or phone support as the yelling and screaming and put-downs are not really a good way to communicate here and are probably scaring other users away from registering and getting help.

It's one thing to make sure the DJI knows about the issue(s). Quite another to get personal with the one or two people who are on your side....

And, yeah, a guy like Ed has the right to point out reality because he cannot help as many people if he spends his entire day in mind games with people who think DJI needs to have one employee per customer.
2015-6-19
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-6-20 06:47
Wow - first you were going to return it for good. Most of your posts say your are tired of all thi ...

Do you ever have anything constructive to say
2015-6-19
Use props
parralix
lvl.1

Spain

i also have drift and unstable alt hold since fw "upgrade".  is it too much to ask dji to allow 1.1.9 rollback while they take whatever time they need to fix 1.2.6?   
2015-6-19
Use props
apezz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249915 ft
United States

parralix Posted at 2015-6-20 07:44
i also have drift and unstable alt hold since fw "upgrade".  is it too much to ask dji to allow 1.1. ...

What I'm not understanding is why some are having problems and others aren't. I personally did the upgrade but haven't noticed any issue. Could it be some having issues have something enabled or disabled that the others don't?
2015-6-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

myhondas Posted at 2015-6-20 03:02
I refuse to render my craft into the useless state by installing the new FW. I will stick wit the 1. ...

Just so you know, hundreds here said the same thing about 1.1.9 when it came out - demanded to be able to downgrade to 1.1.8

They also claimed they couldn't fly.
What happened? Now they all can fly?
Strange!
2015-6-19
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

apezz Posted at 2015-6-20 10:15
What I'm not understanding is why some are having problems and others aren't. I personally did the ...

with 3 devices to upgrade (remote, device and phantom) and the possibility of people leaving files on the sd card and all kinds of other stuff, you never know.

IMHO, DJI needs to eventually move to a system where you hook up the system and all the parts upgrade themselves and check everything carefully as they do so....this takes all the variables of people...out of the system.

And, yes, the fw itself has bugs (always, some more than others).
When everyone was complaining about 1.1.9 I was on 1.1.8 but upgraded to see if I would have the same problems. Didn't happen. Now folks are asking to downgrade to the system that the same people called defective (1.1.9).

I guess I'm stubborn. I usually fiddle with my machine until it works. BUT, I think you do want to turn VPS off in the new FW (mine has been off since the machine was almost new - no reason for it).
2015-6-19
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Jeez Ed, your such a meany!!  haha

I've seen the VPS issue on mine, but I never have VPS turned on (I don't fly indoors and why would I need it outdoors? GPS is rock solid).

Caption file for video shows Sonar height regardless of VPS on/off and it's been bouncing around like a yoyo on speed in recent video SRT files, haha.  I hope the coders fix it soon, so the 2.3245% of people having issues and flying with VPS can stop shedding tears.
2015-6-20
Use props
pianist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37956 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Latest FW 1.2.6 also rendered my P3 unstable. After takeoff P3 will slowly begin to increase altitude - however barometer readings will remain the same. VPS readings are almost non-existent and are very confusing. When landing barometer readings are always negative - as if air pressure has increased while in flight.
2015-6-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules