12Next >
5099 56 2015-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

please dji pull that new firmware off your site! And figure out a way we can all go back to version 1.1.9 please!
2015-6-16
Use props
RuN3
lvl.1

Norway

Why? i feel you should explain more. i have 1.27 on my P3A and not experiencing anything problematic?
2015-6-16
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark I think you are being a drama queen.. Yeah the firmware seems to have issues related to VPS for some users. But it's not unsafe.
2015-6-16
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 15:01
Mark I think you are being a drama queen.. Yeah the firmware seems to have issues related to VPS for ...

Sploodge
I am having a lot concerns about the safety myself,  I live in the mountains, from one end of my property to the other I have a change in elevation of 75 to 100 feet with trees and ect. what really bothers me is the lag combined with the fact that I have 20 to 60 ft. altitude showing on my altimeter when I get back to home point at ground level, I can't get any answers on this I see a few others are seeing this, I don't know how prevalent this problem is, I dont know if I need to send it in, or wait on firmware, I don't know if this is a hardware problem or what, I have gotten the error 42 message, I have got the barometric sensor error.  where is the baro sensor can it be replaced, to call support at this point would absolutely be feudal.
2015-6-17
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 15:01
Mark I think you are being a drama queen.. Yeah the firmware seems to have issues related to VPS for ...

It is unsafe.
Looks like im lucky with the new Firmware. But if i read the German Forums there are alot Problems with it. And its not only the VPS.
2015-6-17
Use props
chrisclaydon
lvl.3

Australia

Mine VPS is fine after current update
2015-6-17
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This "not safe" thing is annoying.. If you really don't think its safe then DON'T FLY! Lot are flying successfully, should they ground because you don't feel its safe? I also fly and don't think its unsafe.

I think the issue here is so many new users who have never flown anything before are buying Phantom 3's and when the cuddly features that are the only thing keeping them from crashing has a glitch, its panic time and a million threads saying the world will end. Again, If people don't feel safe flying it until the firmware is resolved, then don't. If you do and crash it will be only your bad judgement that is at fault.

if you feel comfortable with flying and understand how to control a quadcopter properly then I'm sure you will live another day..

2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-6-17 17:27
This "not safe" thing is annoying.. If you really don't think its safe then DON'T FLY! Lot are flyin ...

I am not a new user sploodge I am 66 years old and I have been flying model aircraft longer than most people on these forums have been alive, I have had avision plus for year now with no problems, my first remote had tubes in it, Earlier in the evening I was ready to send my p3p back, and I mentioned in the forums here earlier that my craft was grounded until this problem is fixed, You have mentioned several times that,  you are not having any problems during any of this, some may find that annoying,  I find it annoying that I can get no help or even hardly any comments on my altimeter readings indicating that the phantom is sinking during flight,  I find that when combined with the lag is possibly a little dangerous, maybe at the least a risk of damaging a rather expensive investment. If my machine was working correctly I certainly wouldn't have these thoughts at all either.
2015-6-17
Use props
iride4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 330869 ft
United States

I am having GPS and other faults since the update. These are not critical as they can be solved by restarting the P3. They are just a bother to have to do it. After purchasing the P3 a week ago I am happy with it as it is much easier to fly then my earlier Patriot quad. I never felt comfortable with the Patriot and it had a very short flight time.
2015-6-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

iride4u Posted at 2015-6-17 21:15
I am having GPS and other faults since the update. These are not critical as they can be solved by r ...

Have you loaded any of the new updates and have you calibrated the imu and everything else?
2015-6-17
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

I'm not flying and that is annoying me! I will be hovering 100 meters and all of a sudden it drops 30+ meters for no reason and then catches itself..  My video is screwed also, it's not just a vps error close to the ground..  What if it took off and decided it needed to instantly fall 30 meters again when it's 20 meters high only after it flew off on me and ended up above a Walmart parking lot?  Drama queen huh, your just an idiot not concerned with safety..  3 systems on my  p3 are malfunctioning after this update and all 3 are needed to operate within specs in order to be safe..  

I went from 3+km flights 27 times in a row to 200 meters and my video starts skipping, lagging, and pixelating a little...  I can't successfully fly 1 flight after the update..  Imagine flying your p3 and all of a sudden it drops 30 meters faster than it could with the throttle stick completely down when it's running right and then decide to hover..  U would honestly think that is safe to fly? While your video is screwed on top of it?

Drama queen, right
2015-6-17
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Another note
, I been flying copters for 5 yrs and learned with manual mode only and have no issues flying my F450 and F550 with naza v2 in gps, atti and manual modes..  The issue here is I don't have a manual mode on the p3 to switch to when it wants to go stupid on me for 1, I'm stuck relying on systems that are glitching and not operating properly..  Sploodgy you should stick to talking about things you know because not everyone out here is a first timer
2015-6-17
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Firmware 1.1.9 was perfect for my p3 besides a video scrambling issue that happened a few times and a crooked horizon on my camera..  If I could get the same exact firmware as 1.1.9 with just those 2 things fixed I would have had a perfect p3p
2015-6-17
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

I have been flying with 1.2.6 and I have had zero issues.  It's working fine for me.  (iPad Air 2.)
2015-6-17
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-17
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Why is not safe?  You have a flyaway?
2015-6-17
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

reporting the same problems... P3Pro...

1.1.9 was ok... (as far as we know...)

1.2.6 has problems with keeping altitude, drifting a bit, problems with the VPS... What a BIG pity....

Running the DJI Pilot app 1.1.2 on a Apple iPad Air 2
2015-6-18
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I havent updated and yet I see the same issues with altitude readings. I think it's normal to read differently at the start of the flight compared to the end. The barometric altimeter is dependent on temperature, and the aircraft will heat up over time. Inescapable issue. The barometric altimeter was never designed to give absolute readings, but relative ones instead (which it does to a reasonable degree, though I do find it sinks a lot in the first few minutes of flying as it heats up quickly)
2015-6-18
Use props
Wallerius
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi!
We need to have a new firmware as soon as possible, the new is dangerous, my Phantom can not hold altitude and are not stable in the air!

It would be good if Dji can withdraw the latest firmware!!!
2015-6-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Clearly these machines are more like people than we give them credit for....  No 2 are alike although they look alike what's on. The inside isn't..  I wish they were so some people didn't have issues and some none
2015-6-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

Anyone that was having issues with their p3 advanced try the new firmware? Ver 1.2.8? If so did it fix your issues?
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Oliver Posted at 2015-6-18 19:14
I havent updated and yet I see the same issues with altitude readings. I think it's normal to read d ...

Thank you for reporting that Oliver,  I think you described exactly what I am seeing with my p3p,  Gives me a little hope that the issues will be resolved via software.  I have just tried mine a moment ago with the vps both on and off, In either case my reading was not correct when back at ground level, until I shut off the motors.  I recommend setting a good high return home altitude, regain control when appropriate and don't let it land itself.   Also it seems like the longer, and higher the flight, the bigger the discrepancy, in the altitude reading, I have had as high as 56 ft altitude displayed at ground level upon return.  The update may have helped mine a bit with that but total loss of vps functionality, mine is off for now  
2015-6-20
Use props
mrthaibox123
New
Flight distance : 24032 ft
United Kingdom

I updated my pro to 1.2.6 yesterday. Its flown extremely oddly and dangerously since. Very strange things have been happening. Weird drifting. Vertical and horizontal. Also once the motors took a few extra seconds to shut down once landed and ended up hitting some stairs. Definitely something wrong. Flown the P3 at least 50 times before and its been perfect. Flown hundreds of times before with others. I agree with the topic. Its not safe. It should be removed. DJi are taking way too long to do something about it.
My P3 is effectively bricked as I cant fly it like this. DJi - Pull your fingers out and fix it!
2015-6-21
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

There is definitely something wrong in the latest firmware. Prior to latest update I had flown with 1.1.9 and no issues. Flew with new firmware Friday for first time and all of a sudden at 8' off ground it couldn't hold altitude and starting to drop like a rock and came down with a hard bounce landing.
2015-6-21
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

yes 1.2.6 is totally unsafe and encourage all to be very careful. I upgraded firmware on Friday and only got around to testing my phantom 3 today. Everything seemed fine at first and was going well for about 6 minutes or so then the drone went rogue on me. it was doing large circular patterns and drifting sideways, intermittently letting me make small adjustments but rogue for the most part. I almost got it back to the ground using RTH and making direction adjustments at the same time. When i saw it last it was did a large circular pass and the drone went to a complete inverted sideways configuration with the motors and props pulling it horizontally (and flying backwards) at 50mph on a slight downward projectory. I crashed into a tree doing almost 50mph according to the flight log. It ejected the battery out the back and also smashed when it hit the ground. This was not my first firmware upgrade and i have logged more than 50 flights with no issues so this update is completely to fault. I would be very careful if using this firmware revision.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ward@nelsonroof Posted at 2015-6-22 08:50
yes 1.2.6 is totally unsafe and encourage all to be very careful. I upgraded firmware on Friday and  ...

You might want to check and see if both remote and phantom took the upgrade, check tahoe dave procedure, and turn on and off the vps , and then leave it off,  we shouldn't be going through this , I hope they get it fixed soon before something bad happens, I would like to see DJI maintain there integrity, our trust, and continue selling incredible products.

We really do need them around, to keep delivering, us support, and incredible products in the future,  We need a detailed post on the downloads page plus working software of course, on upgrading , I think some have not upgraded both units and are unaware , maybe a video, any information from dji would be beneficial.
2015-6-21
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 09:18
You might want to check and see if both remote and phantom took the upgrade, check tahoe dave proc ...

Upgraded firmware on both the phantom and the remote and checked the log file to see if it was successful first. no other way to put it than it went rogue. The phantom was pitched 90degrees and going backwards when i saw it last before taking off towards the tree. I never saw it flying this fast or pitched this steep. and doing like 50mph as the log also says. This was my second firmware upgrade and lots of safe flight time prior to this incident. I can't comment why others are updating and flying with no issues but DJI needs to look into this firmware release i think.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ward@nelsonroof Posted at 2015-6-22 09:30
Upgraded firmware on both the phantom and the remote and checked the log file to see if it was suc ...

wow that is crazy, and dangerous  it almost sounds like an esc (main board ) failure,  I really dont know what to do, I have had some weird things but nothing like that,  a lot of the main contributors to these threads are kind of blowing this off, and DJI is dead silent. I sure hope they are working overtime to save this developing debacle.
2015-6-21
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

I updated my P3P today. Read until the end.

After that, calibrated IMU, gimbal and compass.

It was a huge nightmare... the P3 was shaking and bow effect.

Did all the calibrations again. Got better.

Did all calibrations again. Back to normal.

I only did a small test flight.

The new version of the app seems to be impossible to run on the Samsung tab 3 8". The previous version did run there. It ran ok on the z3 for the test flight.

So, be aware that you must do a perfect calibration, turn the machine off, then turn it on and check if all it is done. Be patient.

Cheers!

2015-6-21
Use props
ward
lvl.1

Canada

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-22 09:49
wow that is crazy, and dangerous  it almost sounds like an esc (main board ) failure,  I really do ...

Will try calling DJI tomorrow. The flight data definately shows i was not able to control the Phantom after the first 5 or 6 minutes. At the least it will give them some data to look at. Not sure how damaged it is internally but the body of the phantom is cracked and broke in many places, cracked lens (4k edition) and toasted battery that flew out the back when it ran into the tree or branches, whatever it impacted with. You would think that if you follow the install instructions from DJI along with there recommendations that this won't happen. Hopefully they are big enough to fix these phantoms now.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ward@nelsonroof Posted at 2015-6-22 11:21
Will try calling DJI tomorrow. The flight data definately shows i was not able to control the Phan ...

That's devastating, I am sorry that happened to you, I think I am going to ground mine until the next firmware round comes out,  did you use pay pal or a credit card, you may have some recourse.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

mrthaibox123 Posted at 2015-6-22 05:55
I updated my pro to 1.2.6 yesterday. Its flown extremely oddly and dangerously since. Very strange t ...

make sure vps is turned off, cycle it, turn it on and off and leave it off until dji releases  an update
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Oliver Posted at 2015-6-18 19:14
I havent updated and yet I see the same issues with altitude readings. I think it's normal to read d ...

Thank you for replying to  my message ,  I really appreciate the help getting others input on this problem.
2015-6-21
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

I'm surprised that DJI would release a new firmware update that seems to have been untested. In the computer world when a new patch comes out, a wise admin always test the new patch out on a text machine to first observe the effects that the patch will have on the system. If the effects appear to be negative then he will not patch the network with that patch until it is stable. It seems to me that DJI does not use this process, rather they are using all of us as the test machines and such an attitude is not acceptable in the west. Come on now DJI, do things professionally and right for your customers. You are losing confidence in your clients and will lose them if you don't take better care.
2015-6-21
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
United States

After seeing a dji rep say turn off vps and things will be fine I decided to try and do that this weekend. My first flight since the 1.2.7 update and with vps off it flew fine...  No issues with flight one bit and it was even stable at low altitudes again, like 2 meters..  So turning vps off made my p3 fly reliably again..  I had some video downlink issues for the first battery I used yesterday but then the next 2 batteries it flew perfectly...  The video was updating late and appeared to shift images instead of being smooth..  It could have been my iPad was too hot cuz it was sitting in my car for an hr on a 96 degree day and then I flew it and afterwards I left my trunk open and windows down while parked in the shade and about an hr later I flew it again and video was fine..  I flew my F550 with h3-3d gimble with light bridge right after I flew my P3 and I didn't have any image transmission issues and I used the same iPad 2 for both copters..  So I don't know if it was interference or things being hot. I did notice light bridge changing channels allot more than I'm use to it doing.. So interference could have been an issue..

On the p3 I switched hardware decode on and off but I didn't see any difference with it on or off..  Does anyone know exactly what turning hardware decode on or off does anyway? I don't see a difference ever

So bottom line with vps off my p3,flew perfectly fine.. No issues at all but I would like it to be fixed soon
2015-6-22
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

Hi all,

Did anyone try to re-install the firmware after having problems with it?

I just spoke to a german support guy that said that it should be okay, but that sometimes you get errors in the firmware even when it SEEMS to have gone well.

He said you should download it again just to make sure, then completely wipe the SD card, no folders or files can be on there, and then copy the firmware on it and update it again.

I havent done it yet, mine is still at 1.1.9 and I dont see an urgent reason to try it yet....

Hope this can help anyone, please let me know!

2015-6-23
Use props
mrthaibox123
New
Flight distance : 24032 ft
United Kingdom

I Left mine off for a few days. Turned on. Re-calibrated IMU. Turned off.
Then re-calibrated compass. Turned off.
Disabled VPS. Turned off.

Took for flight. All seemed fine!
Definitely seems problem is with VPS
Hurry up DJI! Your support has been a joke throughout this and yet it is a dangerous situation!
2015-6-24
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Phantom 3 Advanced or Phantom 3 Professional... you might need to be more specific...
2015-6-25
Use props
mavs88
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

as I see a few people not having problems with Firmware 1.2.6 and a lot of people WITH problems...
I kindly ask DJI if they have made HARDWARE changes to the second batch of their Quadcopters...
I would like to see a statement/answer on this...
I also think one would state if the problem happens with the Phantom 3 ADVANCED or the PROFESSIONAL. I think the latter one has the problems... I own a Phantom 3 PRO

It takes too long now for a new firmware that will work as good as 1.1.9....

Dr. Max Verdoes (NL
2015-6-25
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

mavs88@home.nl Posted at 2015-6-26 15:17
as I see a few people not having problems with Firmware 1.2.6 and a lot of people WITH problems...
I ...

Hi Max,

Have you got a problem with the P3 prof?

If so, have you tried to update the firmware AGAIN like I described earlier here?
The german DJI support guy seemed to know what he was talking about, and he said that sometimes the update is corrupt, so you should try to download and update it again on a clean card without subfolders, very important.

I havent tried updating yet because I don't have any problems now.
2015-6-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules