1005 7 2020-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FernandoHSPro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138432 ft
Brazil

Hi all!

I'm a Mavic Air user. I bought a combo Fly More in march, 2018. All 3 batteries was lost in very short life usage. Two of them, I lost between one year usage, but with less than 20 cycles, when it couldn't recharged anymore. Yesterday, third one, with 22 cycles usage anda 98% of charge becames to zero after 1 minute of flight, when the aircraft comes to sudden battery critical landing. I almost lost my Mavic.

Serial ns. OK4XF24 942058Q, OK4XF26 94200W6 and  OK4XF26 94201F7.

Can anyone help me?

Best reggards.

Fernando Martins
2020-6-4
Use props
Maple2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Lipo batteries can be hard to keep happy...it would take forever for me to explain everything here so I would recommend watching some videos on YouTube about lipo battery care for drones. Some are over half an hour long, but it's worth it, as you get all the details.
A few tips that I would recommend are
1: never keep your batteries fully charged
2: never leave them in a hot environment unattended  (in the car on a Sunny day)
3:don't drain them past 30% regularly, and NEVER drain them past 10% unless you have a reason to (ex. Fixing cell balance)
4:let them cool down before charging them
Hope this helps
2020-6-4
Use props
Bluehook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790814 ft
United States

I don't have an answer @FernandoHSPro - I wish I did.  But because it seems inevitable that this will eventually happen to all Mavic Air users, what did you do to keep the AC from landing and have it return home safely?

Maybe some of our more experienced users can put together a TO-DO list in the event that a sudden voltage drop-age happens.  I've heard some people say get as much altitude as you can and others say, stay as low as you can.  Some say switch to Sport Mode, others stay in standard.  

I wouldn't know where to begin.

What would you do?

2020-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fernando Martins. I am soory to read and to know what happend to your DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Batteries. The lifespan and condition of the said battery will depend on the totality of how it was used and stored. Hoping for your kind understanding that every electronic product and batteries has a certain warranty period and lifespan. For safety purposes please store and maintain the said batteries properly for you to be able to maximize the use of the said batteries. Just a reminder that using  depleted or bloated batteries might lead to damaging of the aircraft, or worse, damage to property. For additional reference I will be posting a link where in you can check the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines. Again I am sorry and thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... idelines%20v1.0.pdf
2020-6-4
Use props
Vofas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 200853 ft
Russia

Fully charged batteries are not critical, because after a few days, up to 50% discharge automatically turns on for optimal storage mode. But the high temperature of the battery when charging causes its increased degradation.
2020-6-4
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

I have 3 batteries from a combo pack purchased May 2018. All 3 have about 25 cycles each, I mainly use the drone on holidays.
All 3 are still flat, no bulging, and I get approx 14 minutes of flight draining them to 20% or thereabouts.
I have recently balanced charged them by taking each one to just below 10% because the cell differences where greater than 100mv. This seems to have pulled them back to less than 100mv differences.
I now use FRAP to monitor the battery discharges after each flight to pickup any battery that needs a rebalance.
Interestingly enough even when new some cells would show a difference of 80mv during a flight.
The data by the way is stored on your phone, so by using FRAP you can analyze any prior flights your phone has stored.
I suggest you try that and see if there was a prior history of bad cell voltages.
2020-6-5
Use props
Maple2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

Ken Storm Posted at 6-5 05:36
I have 3 batteries from a combo pack purchased May 2018. All 3 have about 25 cycles each, I mainly use the drone on holidays.
All 3 are still flat, no bulging, and I get approx 14 minutes of flight draining them to 20% or thereabouts.
I have recently balanced charged them by taking each one to just below 10% because the cell differences where greater than 100mv. This seems to have pulled them back to less than 100mv differences.

14 minutes? Do you fly in sport mod a lot? I am just wondering, as i usually get about 16-17 minutes if i fly to 20% battery, depending on how aggressively i fly.
2020-6-6
Use props
Ken Storm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178583 ft
United Kingdom

Maple2 Posted at 6-6 20:28
14 minutes? Do you fly in sport mod a lot? I am just wondering, as i usually get about 16-17 minutes if i fly to 20% battery, depending on how aggressively i fly.

No, hardly ever, quite a bit of hovering. These batteries do date from early 2018 so I do expect some degradation.
Draining to 10% gives me just short of 17 minutes, but I never usually let them get that low unless they need a rebalance, which I've only done once.
2020-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules