982 4 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RW1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7703 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a Mavic Air 2 directly from DJI. On the very first flight, the drone gave me a processor chip overheating error message, and then landed itself and almost crashed. I let it cool down, changed the battery, and took it for a second flight. After 9 minutes of flight time, that message popped up, and it started to do a critical landing. Luckily I didnt let it go too far away and was able to land it back where it took off from.

I sent it back to DJI with a clear message of what it is doing, and they just sent me a bill for $684. They also claim that I didnt send them one battery, which I did. I have DJI care but Im not going to pay since it is a defective drone.

This is a problem with the drone, not anything that I did wrong. DJI should give me a refund so I can go buy another one at a local company such as Best Buy or B and H Photo that will stand behind what they sell. This is terrible business policy from DJI.

2020-6-8
Use props
RW1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mavic Air 2 processor chip overheating issue

I bought a Mavic Air 2 directly from DJI. On the very first flight, the drone gave me a processor chip overheating error message, and then landed itself and almost crashed. I let it cool down, changed the battery, and took it for a second flight. After 9 minutes of flight time, that message popped up, and it started to do a critical landing. Luckily I didnt let it go too far away and was able to land it back where it took off from.

I sent it back to DJI with a clear message of what it is doing, and they just sent me a bill for $684. They also claim that I didnt send them one battery, which I did. I have DJI care but Im not going to pay since it is a defective drone.

This is a problem with the drone, not anything that I did wrong. DJI should give me a refund so I can go buy another one at a local company such as Best Buy or B and H Photo that will stand behind what they sell. This is terrible business policy from DJI.

2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi RW1, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience with Mavic Air 2, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, the invoice has been updated after the data analysis, it is waiting for the approvement from the higher-level team and shall be sent to you very soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-6-8
Use props
RW1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you.
2020-6-9
Use props
RW1
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Following up on the story. I finally got a drone back from DJI today. It was the same exact drone that I sent in to DJI. Same controller, same battery. They neglected to return the filters and charge adapter to me.

I am not even going to turn this thing on. They threw everything back in its original box, very haphazardly, and tagged all the components with their repair ticket #. To boot, they rubber banded the box back together!

I will never buy another drone directly from DJI again, and I am going t get my money back for this disaster either from DJI or my CC company.

Terrible service from DJI.
2020-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules