Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ESC Beeping (Code:30128) and Propeller rotating too fast error
12345Next >
160940 168 2020-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
speed_freakz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 569852 ft
Thailand

102279725_939799476472386_14832732919478136_n.png

I got this error today, never had any serious issues with mini and now this popped up around 3 minutes after I took off. I landed immediatelly, rear left motor was blinking that it has some issues. I Inspected the propellers, no dents, no damage, nothing suspicious. Drone was sitting in its case whole time, didnt hit anything.

Started another flight laster on, and it seems like no issues,..Still I am wondering what might be the issue?

2020-6-8
Use props
slup
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

That error message you see there came with the last FW update for the Mini ... it mainly warns you that the prop on the beeping arm are revving faster then it should to sustain lift due to a deformation of the different prop angles (leading & trail edges) which can be hard to spot directly, can perhaps be seen if you compare the old prop with a brand new.

This with a prop revving to fast (especially for the rear props, where it mostly happens) ... perhaps up near max speed, mean that the Mini first will have a hard time if not impossible to reach the correct pitch angle down (affecting the heading speed), then eventually they can't sustain lift anymore & the Mini goes down = the dreaded "uncommanded descent" phenomenon the Mini have suffered from in month without any comment from DJI before this FW update.

Change prop on the ESC beeping arm to a new one as advised & store your Mini outside the Fly More case to avoid deformation during storage.
2020-6-8
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Slup is right. With the new firmware we are now able to tell if there is an issue with a particular motor or prop. If you get this message, you should land your AC, make a note of the ESC that is beeping. Check the props closely and if you find nothing wrong (Flattened/warpes/craked/etc) do as the instructions in the message says. If that doesn't fix it, replace that set of props from the beeping esc. Keep in mind you may have multiple motor speed issues and if so, choose to either address each one individually (my preferred method)  or replace all the props at once. Which ever you desire.
2020-6-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having these error messages on your DJI Mavic Mini. To ensure a safe and enjoyable flying experience with your DJI Mavic MIni, DJI have added a new safety notification feature on the DJI Mavic Mini in the latest v01.00.0500 firmware. This new feature lets customers know when propellers need to be inspected or replaced. In addition I will post an official DJI thread with regards to this matter. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-214705-1-1.html
2020-6-9
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.4
Thailand

Thanks for explanation, will check the link. Storage can't be the issue as I am taking special ultra care when and how I place my drone in the case, can bet my life on that one. What troubles me is that I posted my issue to numerous other blogs and forums and there are some people that experienced this as well, the weird thing being that all of them had problem with rear left motor? Any idea?
2020-6-9
Use props
tTownTom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1928192 ft
  • >>>
Norway

speed_freakz Posted at 6-9 01:27
Thanks for explanation, will check the link. Storage can't be the issue as I am taking special ultra care when and how I place my drone in the case, can bet my life on that one. What troubles me is that I posted my issue to numerous other blogs and forums and there are some people that experienced this as well, the weird thing being that all of them had problem with rear left motor? Any idea?

I have just started getting the same error message (thus finding this thread..)
Like you, the error is pointing to the left rear motor. If I reboot the drone the error sometimes does not appear again, and then it will reappear another day..

I store the drone in the "fly more case" and I don't see any deformations of any kind to the props on the motor in question.
2020-6-9
Use props
JodyB
Captain
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Easiest thing to test, move the props to another motor and see if the error follows it to that motor. For example, swap the props from the left front motor to the right rear and the left rear to the right front. Then see if you get an error on the left front motor. If it does, replace those props.
2020-6-9
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.4
Thailand

The weather got bad over here, I will make few tests hoovering near the ground first, then change the props!
2020-6-10
Use props
djiuser_88D679uBwx8Z
New

Israel

Same problem..
fixed?
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_g8NDKwj6cC8P
New

Brazil

Same problem here and in the same propeller mentioned before. Any idea if is that a FW error or it is an actual problem on the propellers?
2020-6-14
Use props
Sean-newbie
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

for post #7    ''For example, swap the props from the left front motor to the left rear and the left rear to the left front ''
WRONG
Swap left rear with right front and or right rear with left front etc. etc., the motors on the diagonal rotate in the same sense, the motors on a side rotate in the opposite sense.
If they are swapped as suggested in post #7 the swapped props will be trying to drive their motors into the ground

2020-6-14
Use props
Mansyur Hasan
New

Indonesia

tTownTom Posted at 6-9 02:12
I have just started getting the same error message (thus finding this thread..)
Like you, the error is pointing to the left rear motor. If I reboot the drone the error sometimes does not appear again, and then it will reappear another day..

i have simmilar issues with you this morning, after i have updated my Mavic Mini firmware a week ago. it looks same problem with Mavic Mini on left rear rotor+ propeler make a 'beep' sound and get notification on RC with 'ESC beeping, restart your aircraft'

its issues just always happens only when the drone finishes flying and shortly after landing. then i restart aircraft that issues dissapear and gone but i got those issues again when  drone finishes flying
2020-6-15
Use props
unixHR
New

Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-9 00:00
Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having these error messages on your DJI Mavic Mini. To ensure a safe and enjoyable flying experience with your DJI Mavic MIni, DJI have added a new safety notification feature on the DJI Mavic Mini in the latest v01.00.0500 firmware. This new feature lets customers know when propellers need to be inspected or replaced. In addition I will post an official DJI thread with regards to this matter. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-214705-1-1.html

got the motor error message, landed changed the props (the one that was beeping-rear left one - and also the rear right one)...was ok for some time (maybe 2 or 3 flights)...then started getting "propeller rotating too fast messages"...this time changed all four props sets...started getting the same "too fast" messeges on the very next flight...cmon! With the previous firmware had no problems whatsoever and on the very next flight after the update messages started! And they do not stop!  Are you trying to boost your propeller selling results or what? This has to be some kind of  a firmware issue!
2020-6-17
Use props
djiuser_dmZZtKSrycyo
New

North Macedonia

I've only had three flights with my Mini and I've got the same message... I didn't crash or anything... My overall flight time it's bearly an hour.. Dji fix this!!!
2020-6-19
Use props
speed_freakz
lvl.4
Thailand

I flew 2 times after this and didn't  experience this message. I didnt have time to reproduce the effect but if I remember correctly that time when it occured I was flying backwards and up for the longer duration (200-300m.) Gonna try doing that again to see maybe problem lays there.
2020-6-20
Use props
Zam722
New
Malaysia

Mansyur Hasan Posted at 6-15 05:25
i have simmilar issues with you this morning, after i have updated my Mavic Mini firmware a week ago. it looks same problem with Mavic Mini on left rear rotor+ propeler make a 'beep' sound and get notification on RC with 'ESC beeping, restart your aircraft'

its issues just always happens only when the drone finishes flying and shortly after landing. then i restart aircraft that issues dissapear and gone but i got those issues again when  drone finishes flying

I have the same problem at the exact same place. It cannot be a coincidence and the ONLY error identified is LEFT REAR. One more thing, when I hold the silver ring covering the motor, left rear is hot compared to the other three propeller.
2020-6-21
Use props
djiuser_BRclrN5aqg6F
New

Canada

I have the same problem with the left rear prop being the issue, despite replacing the prop for a new one I'll be going back to the old software..
2020-6-22
Use props
djiuser_vf9nYfOvFV9Z
New

United Kingdom

This drone is not fit for purpose. I get the same error on the rear left motor after the firmware upgrade. I changed the props, still got the same error. I spoke to dji and reloaded the firmware using a PC as instructed. Still got the same error. I sent the mini back to dji. They said they know what the problem is and will fix it. It came back from dji and on the second flight I got the same error on the same motor. I use the fly more combo case to store my mini. If the case is causing the problem why dont dji come clean and replace the case, it is their case after all. My mini will be going back and if they cannot sort it out I will demand a refund.
2020-6-25
Use props
djiuser_nNE16K5iIZv6
New
Flight distance : 83698 ft
Peru

I got the same warning after almost 2 months of not flying. If it's a mechanical error then why would this
just appear sometimes? I hope DJI fix this soon
2020-6-26
Use props
Dronason
First Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Let's wait for v01.00.0600 firmware that will "solve" this issue (too sensitive check at my opinion) and see what other surprise it will bring.
2020-6-26
Use props
djiuser_ryIWNRsSK3so
New

United States

I purchased my Mavic Mini last week and have only flown four times total so far. These were all short flights with no accidents or incidents of any type. I'm now receiving the message that propeller(s) are rotating too fast/ESC Beep. It indicates the problem is in the left rear. After a thorough inspection of blades, I found no apparent deformities. I will swap and/or replace blades to see if this resolves the issue. This is especially disappointing since this drone is brand new.
2020-6-26
Use props
Fidge
Captain
Flight distance : 41512 ft
United Kingdom

Hmmmm this sounds like a manufacturing or firmware fault to me. There are too many people getting this same error, on the same rotor. It could also be an issue with the DJI case squashing the props, but with people having this error on brand new drones I doubt that it's that.

I have the Fly more combo, purchased this week. No errors yet, but I've flown less than a mile total distance, I have the prop guards on and the MM hasn't been back in the case since I got it. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.
2020-6-27
Use props
Logisticalstyle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 688061 ft
United States

I got this error last night twice for my left rear motor. I changed the propellers today and did a 10 minute test flight with no error. Hopefully that fixed the problem. Maybe I should go back to using my Pelican case to store the drone. People seem to think the fly more case has something to do with the issue.
2020-6-27
Use props
alexthelion86
New
Flight distance : 29600 ft
Israel

Yesterday I updated the firmware of my Mini Mavic to latest v01.00.0500.
Today, I got this error after 20 seconds of every takeoff.
At home I found this movie on youtube: DJI Mavic Mini Error Message Code: 30246 / Code: 30128 after Firmware Update 01.00.0500
In DJI assistant app some message popped up saying something about the firmware was incompatible. I followed the steps in the video, after first takeoff the error popped up again "Propeller rotating too fast error".
I tried compass and IMU calibration and the error has gone.
2020-6-27
Use props
Zbip57
Second Officer

Canada

Here are two posts with photos illustrating what is causing the Motor Speed Error warning.
Crossing prop blades causes them to bend.

This demonstrates how fresh blades perform better than old deflected blades, even if you can't visibly detect a difference in the blade shapes.
Motor Speeds plotted in Hover Test

2020-6-27
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

I am having the same problem after having not flown the mini for a few months. I’m not able to see any problems with the props being distorted. I’m wondering if the props have a ‘memory’ and will return to shape if left out of the case for a while?  Some here say swap propellers but I thought all propellers needed to be changed at same time because they’re produced as a set..
Finally, how do you identify which prop is causing the problem- does that faulty one flash?
2020-6-27
Use props
Zbip57
Second Officer

Canada

Replace both blades on the identified motor.  The two blades come paired as a matched set.  Also, make sure to use the proper blades (clockwise versus counter-clockwise rotation).

This is what the beeping ESC looks like on my left-rear motor.

2020-6-27
Use props
vulbon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19678 ft

Taiwan

Got the same message 1 week ago, same left-rear propeller, replaced both two rear propellers and got message again yesterday after 2 mins sport mode fly.
If this is a stow issue, why it always left-rear propeller?

2020-6-28
Use props
Zbip57
Second Officer

Canada

"If this is a stow issue, why it always left-rear propeller?"

Check the links in post #25 above.

2020-6-29
Use props
djiuser_G0gPNNlxrjMF
New

Croatia

Had the same error here, with my mini.
Nothing wrong with the prop, restarted did not solve the problem. Help !
2020-6-29
Use props
djiuser_Bh4regdP6dBC
New

United States

Same problem here on same location. Definitely sounds like a firmware issue. I’ve been flying my mini for a few months and have the fly more case, I don’t think this is an issue as I’ve never had a problem with blades being squished by the case before. Since the error first showed up I have flown the mini for several hours... maybe I just got lucky. Today I did notice it having trouble with hovering in place, but after reading this thread and testing it again the problem was gone... I guess I’ll just wait and try to not fly over water
2020-6-29
Use props
Dronason
First Officer
Flight distance : 5689042 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

djiuser_Bh4regdP6dBC Posted at 6-29 18:48
Same problem here on same location. Definitely sounds like a firmware issue. I’ve been flying my mini for a few months and have the fly more case, I don’t think this is an issue as I’ve never had a problem with blades being squished by the case before. Since the error first showed up I have flown the mini for several hours... maybe I just got lucky. Today I did notice it having trouble with hovering in place, but after reading this thread and testing it again the problem was gone... I guess I’ll just wait and try to not fly over water

You need to fully read this thread, it is not a firmware issue. The last firmware update pop-up a problem regarding how the MM is stored, especially in the fly more case, as per DJI instruction.  Propellers get bent and change shape which is not good to flight safelly.
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_E3dC328dNUWL
New
Flight distance : 444213 ft
United States

I got the same error after the update and I hardly used my mavic mini and never crashed.  I always was very careful with my drone.
2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_d8ywCNdjUyKK
lvl.1

Turkey

Today, I ve Got this issue. Ive been flying with mini for a few days. But I have never seen the thing that has many problems ever. My maximum distance that I could have gone 280m.There are so many problems, cautions, RC signal losts in flight all the time. I watched some investigation videos before ı have bought it. They can reached at 3000m.but I think my mini only could go 500m.
2020-7-5
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

mpwobbly Posted at 6-27 15:25
I am having the same problem after having not flown the mini for a few months. I’m not able to see any problems with the props being distorted. I’m wondering if the props have a ‘memory’ and will return to shape if left out of the case for a while?  Some here say swap propellers but I thought all propellers needed to be changed at same time because they’re produced as a set..
Finally, how do you identify which prop is causing the problem- does that faulty one flash?

OK following on from my original thoughts about the problem, I have left my Mavic Mini out of the case for a few weeks just sitting on my desk. I wanted to see if the propellors were bent or mishapen if they would find their correct shape from 'memory'. I didn't want to change what looks like perfectly fine propellors.

Today I flew the Mini and got no warnings at all. I know this is not really proving anything because it may reappear on another flight but for the time being I will not put the Mini in the case and see what happens. You'd  think though that if the propellor was bent in some way that it would have given me a warning today.

Maybe a rethink of the case is needed?
2020-7-6
Use props
AGAcircH.H
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78802 ft
Turkey

Hi. Is there anyone reach any solution on the subject?  The same problem happened with my mavic mini too.
2020-7-6
Use props
Brandonmaceri151
lvl.1
United States

Yes my left rear motor is also doing this as of yesterday.  Will try to replace the props and see if that helps.
2020-7-8
Use props
Analogkid
lvl.1

United States

Mine as well now.  I haven't been storing it in a case nor anywhere where the props could get bent/damaged.  Is anyone having this issue that isn't the left rear props?   The odds against us all having the same issue with the same props is astronomical - it has to be a firmware issue.  
2020-7-9
Use props
djiuser_txlHyHjcWna8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112612 ft
Australia

I have the same problem, the props have no damage and appear to be in perfect condition, by reading the comments I see a patern emerging, could this be a firmware problem DJI?
2020-7-9
Use props
downonthefarm
New

United States

Yep, I got my Mini last Friday. Been flying almost every day. Wednesday (two days ago), I started getting this error. Inspected every prop very carefully, went through the calibration, AGAIN, and still was getting the error after a few minutes of flight.. Last night, I went back out and same thing, after a few minutes of flight.  I did do the "5 minutes hover", and took one more flight without any errors, but it was a pretty short one as battery life was low. I'm going fly in just "P" mode and see if it stops. Same deal, left rear props. Too much of a coincidence that everyone has the same error, on the same props, on the same motor, don't ya think?
2020-7-10
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules