Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I can't be the only one??
931 4 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyingduck88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

All through the forums I see others who have had a complete nightmare when dealing with DJI support and service. To those owners I truly sympathize with you and your frustrations. I do BUT I have to share my experience then ask, can I be the only one??

Here's my story. I purchased my P2V+V3 back in mid may. Not my first Phantom by the way. It worked like a champ and gave me 33 flawless flights. Fast forward to April 17th.  On flight number 34 after a recent firmware update that gave me a few problems, 9min into that flight it lost all power instantly and dropped from the sky. It landed dead center on the neighbors fence and mangled the camera and gimbal. No other damage! Not even a busted prop, but the camera was done for.
That very day, I called DJI support North America. On the 6th ring Max answered the phone. I told him about my misfortune and he opened a support ticket and issued me an RMA. All this was done in a matter of about 10min.
I shipped it out on the 18th after following all the RMA instructions that let me know not to send any accessories with the Phantom. I did however let Max know I was going to send it with the battery just incase it was a battery failure. He let me know he would put that in the "notes".
Then I started to read all of the horror stories about DJI's terrible costumer service. That's when the fear set in! I'll admit, I even started to rant and complain when I looked into the 4to6 week turn around and hearing about others who were going into 8/9 weeks.
As time went on I just figured my P2 was a write off and I was going to get an email telling me to shell out $600 if I wanted it fixed IF I ever heard anything anyway. On May 12th I received the email that it had been checked in to the "data base" and would take 5to6 weeks. Okay, it is what it is. On June 10th I got another update that I can honestly say took me by surprise!!

Upon inspection of your Phantom we found the gimbal was damaged and has been replaced. Your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days. Please refer to your user manual to rebind your Phantom before your next flight.
What?!! This can't be! So I immediately responded and asked how much I owed. Free of charge because I was still within the warranty. Holy crap! Didn't see that coming after all the horror stories. Within 24hrs I had a tracking number. Now I'm starting to worry about, did they remember  to return my battery? Did the just throw it in the box with out the shipping crate to hold the Phantom secure? All things I've read about happening to others!!
FedEx showed up yesterday the 16th with my Phantom. The box was very well sealed and looked to be undamaged. When I opened it up the packing was secure and done properly. So far so good! Open the Phantom box and see the shipping crate. Nice! Pull the top of the crate off and right away see the battery. Pull it out and inspect it. Everything looks perfect!! Is it going to work? I rebind it to my TX, power everything on and BAM!!! It works! Do a quick CSC with the props off and fires right up.
I just got home from work and I haven't put it in the air yet. I have to do a cold IMU cal and a TX cal yet but I have no reason to expect anything other than a trouble free flight now!
I'm not sharing my LONG story to try to piss anyone off or say that those that have been through hell when dealing with DJI don't have a legitimate reason for being upset, but as I said up top. Am I alone in this? By rights I'm not normally a lucky person but I think I hit the DJI jackpot here.
In closing I would like to take a second and say THANK YOU DJI North America for the excellent service and support that I received! To all my fellow fliers, may your props only ever see blue skies and if my experience is a sign that DJI is trying to improve their customer relations I hope it experienced by many more!
2015-6-17
Use props
roy
First Officer

United States

Good story, my experience was the same. I have nothing to say but good about my service other than  DJI could improve on the turn around time. Mine was 9 weeks door to door. I received guuick response to my phone call, got a RMA and off she went. Received email updates as to where it was and the the final email it was fix and being shipped back. Even told me when I got it back to be sure and do the IMU calibration due to it maight get bounced around during shipping. Been flying flawless since I got her back. So your not alone!
2015-6-17
Use props
flyingduck88
lvl.4
Flight distance : 715551 ft
United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-17 17:26
Good story, my experience was the same. I have nothing to say but good about my service other than   ...

Excellent!! Maybe they're turning a corner and stepping up their support for all of us.
2015-6-17
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Flying,

It sure is refreshing to hear some of the "good" stories once in a while! Thanks for taking the time to write and share it. There are probably others but many probably won't take the time and effort to share them as you did. My heart still goes out to the many other pilots who have not been as fortunate and have had a more negative experience. Really great to hear a good one!

Jerry
2015-6-17
Use props
moxy149
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1220797 ft
United Kingdom

Hi.  The local DJI stockist in my area, Heliguy in North Shields in the North of England, have been excellent.  These guys have been great embassadors for DJI, and I can't fault them.  Regards  Ian.
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules