Walkie talkies
1035 7 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Hi
Anyone have experience in walkie talkies working alongside Inspire,   anything to be careful about in chosing a set?  Obviously not using 2.4GHz frequencies,  should I stay away from other frequencies or bands?

Also, for those who do use walkie talkies and fly,  how do you communicate with your observer whilst your holding RadioControl? Do you have another assistant helping out? 3 crew setup?

Thanks Ian
2015-6-17
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Huh?  Sorry friend, don't really carry any working knowledge to be of service.  We're at this stage working on quite a number of more direct challenges, that I think you might be waiting a while for Wilkie-talkie coexistence feedback.

Hope I'm proved wrong...
2015-6-17
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

I got a response to my feedback on this thread that it's: "The post by the administrator or moderators shield"

Anyone know what this means?  
2015-6-17
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

No I don't Graham,  hopefully it was helpful! Thanks Ian
2015-6-17
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Ian,

I have raised this in the past regarding use of standard two-way radios such as Motorola

Look for a recent post about two-way radios in proximity to the Inspire controller.  I got some good feedback, which was that there shouldn't be any interference.  

However when I raised this a few months back with DJI Autumn, the response was not to do it.  I asked at the time if Autumn could pass on my concerns about this with the DJI engineers, given the use of two-way radios in commercial use is a good way to reduce and mitigate risk and keeping in contact with Pilot and Observers etc.

2015-6-17
Use props
ianellerby
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks GB for your notes,  sorry I only searched under Walkie Talkie in past posts.  Of course two-way.
Have you gone with any set up yet? Conscious of as you say reducing and mitigating risk through contact with Observers.
Ian  
2015-6-17
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

ianellerby Posted at 2015-6-18 00:23
Thanks GB for your notes,  sorry I only searched under Walkie Talkie in past posts.  Of course two-w ...

Ian,

There are obviously a few options on the market but I have used Motorola in the past in enviornments  that need to be compliant with anti-static requirements/  sparkless environments - can't remember the correct terminology off the top of my head, but found them to be very reliable for business use.

These are what I was considering :

The Motorola CP040
source:
http://www.twowayradios.co.uk/fi ... la_cp040_manual.pdf

Keep me posted if your purchase any.
2015-6-17
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-18 00:40
Ian,

There are obviously a few options on the market but I have used Motorola in the past in envi ...

ATEX (for use in explosive environments) !?  
2015-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules