2952 11 2020-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex Assenmacher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Yes guys, we did it again, after many comparisons and vids of the air 2, it was time to take the risk and see how tough this little drone is, hope you enjoy!

2020-6-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tough bird.
2020-6-12
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Those sport mode tree runs   Looks like the weak point is the front landing legs I've seen a couple of vids where it's given way but head on looks pretty solid at taking a hit.
2020-6-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

What's amazing to me is the lack of air disturbance from the props over the top of the arms and body as evidenced by the flour remaining on top of those surfaces with the drone still flying.  i would have thought there would be more prop wash or disturbance from air being pulled down through the props.  
2020-6-12
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

I just got a MA2 and flew it for the first time yesterday (had a P3A for four years).  It is amazing.  I tried to fly it into bushes, trees and a telephone pole and all were avoided.  Even a puff of tall grass was enough fo fit to avoid.  Then i flew it about 1.5 miles away with no problems.  I'm too chicken to go farther!  
Inthe demo, the water test was the most shocking.  I wonder if there will be later damage tot he circuits or motors.  If not, does that mean I can fly in the rain now?  That woudl be cool.  
2020-6-12
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

I wouldn't recommend it...there are cooling ports behind the gimbal and windblown rain or forward movement could cause water to enter those ports and be internally dispersed by the cooling fan.  Plus the manual says not to fly in rain so you would probably void the Care Refresh if you have it.
2020-6-12
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Been waiting on this..what took soo long.. Thanks for the content
2020-6-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I hope Dji is sponsoring those drones for you to crash
2020-6-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alex Assenmacher. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this durability test video for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder not to intentionally do this things to your DJI Mavic Air 2. These process can damage your DJI drone and can void the warranty as well. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-6-16
Use props
AndyVirt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So my Mavic Air 2 can bring me a pint of beer, and it is indestructible.   Winner!   
2020-6-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do not try this at home.
Or anywhere else.
Unless you make money out of it
2020-6-23
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
First Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm super impressed that the MA2 is still flying after that high speed vs tree.
2021-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules