For 1.2.6 and 1.2.8 firmware only.
Single SelectVote, Total 664 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-6-17
Use props
jon.godfrey
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Ouch!! 40% have issues... somebody is having a bad day at DJI!!!
2015-6-17
Use props
mikesher.live
lvl.3
Flight distance : 123045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can't respond to either choice.  I haven't upgraded yet.  Very tempted, but I'm hesitant to take a chance and potentially render my P3P unstable when using VPS.

Edited:  Took the plunge and upgraded to 1.2.6 and also using the new Android Pilot app 1.2.0.   Upgrade went very smooth.  First short flight in the back yard (just hovering in a small space) was as good or better than 1.1.9 (both with VPS on).  Will try another short flight soon, to test changing the home position while in flight.  
2015-6-17
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow this is not good DJI, are you trying to send everybody to 3DR.
2015-6-17
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

I haven't flown my P3P since Sunday...and now since i upgraded the other day; im kinda scare to fly it now.

2015-6-17
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

After the android lag-gate from upgrading to 1.1.9 I had to buy an Apple iPad Mini 2 just to start flying again. There is NO WAY I will upgrade the firmware again until I am confident it will not cause another issue that grounds my flying!
2015-6-17
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

I haven't and will not update until DJI get their act together
2015-6-17
Use props
dperlmutter
lvl.2

United States

I've never had any issues at all with my phantom or upgrades. However, yesterday after upgrading to the latest firmware I had some serious lag issues with my p3p and iPad mini 2 wifi.
2015-6-17
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I'm guessing that you can't revert to a previous firmware?
2015-6-17
Use props
mangoes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75843 ft
Australia

Is there a changelog available with any of these firmware updates so that we know what has been updated with the view of monitoring any improvements and or problems
2015-6-17
Use props
jesse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319508 ft
United States

Issues here as well.  I upgraded the Firmware this morning. Just got back from a test flight at the park.  I noticed allot of video lag back to my iPad Air, and my Phantom 3 Pro seemed to have a difficult time staying stable above the ground.  Almost like it was fighting a strong wind even though it was calm.  Also on several instances, I noticed it would slowly clime in altitude all by itself. I'm a beginner pilot, but even I could tell the flight just felt "off".  Thats why I stopped the flight, and came right home to check and see if anyone else was having issues.
2015-6-18
Use props
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

No issues with mine. Flew 3 full batteries yesterday after quick and successful update to bird and controller. Did lots of hovering and maneuvering tests. Guess I got lucky.
2015-6-18
Use props
devdavi
lvl.1

United States

No issues with 1.2.7 - P3A and iPad Air & iPhone 5C. Just updated to 1.2.8 today and worked like a charm in 8mph wind. Tested Auto takeoff & land, return to home as well and had no issues.
2015-6-18
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

jesse@aladtec.c Posted at 2015-6-19 04:41
Issues here as well.  I upgraded the Firmware this morning. Just got back from a test flight at the  ...

Mine did exactly the same thing UNTIL I turned off VPS - flew perfectly then.
2015-6-18
Use props
robbiereider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276906 ft
United States

I updated today and had serious problems. I'm not sure if they are related but as of now my P3P is dead- While flying (first flight after the update) I lost control, was able to limp it home but I was terrified of losing it. Here's a video showing the loss of control. After landing I tried to test my controls but it wouldn't start. On my screen it said "ESC Error- restart. If the problem persists contact DJI support". Blerg. Any help out there?
2015-6-18
Use props
perlanswed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1086257 ft
Sweden

I was so happy that the FW 1.2.6 seem to fixed my gimbal problem but now when I tried to do the first outdoor test flight. Im loosing the signal, no video feed. Very strange I did a test flight indoor yesterday and no problem with the video feed. But now outdoor the video signal is poor and not working.
2015-6-18
Use props
perlanswed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1086257 ft
Sweden

I was so happy that the FW 1.2.6 seem to fixed my gimbal problem but now when I tried to do the first outdoor test flight. Im loosing the signal, no video feed. Very strange I did a test flight indoor yesterday and no problem with the video feed. But now outdoor the video signal is poor and not working.
2015-6-18
Use props
Wallerius
lvl.1

Sweden

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-19
Use props
Wallerius
lvl.1

Sweden

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-19
Use props
baloo2303
lvl.1

Germany

Updated P3P FW as soon as it came out and did a cold IMU calibration straight after, first flight this evening with absolutely no complications whatsoever. Flight, video and pictures all perfect, well for my needs anyway! Keeping my fingers crossed for tose people having problems, hope they get sorted out very quickly.
2015-6-19
Use props
randywgreen
lvl.2

United States

I was going to upgrade my P3P to 1.2.6 this weekend but I am glad I checked here first.  I guess I am holding off awhile.
2015-6-19
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

Tested with a couple of batteries now. Tried hover and flight at low altitude as well as about 50 feet. Slight wind and gusting but bird was very stable. No issues observed except the usual slight video lag i have the my samsung tablet.
2015-6-19
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just curious now ....

Of all the people experiencing a VPS issue, do you own the P3P or P3A ?     (Thinking is this is limited to the P3P for some reason?)
2015-6-19
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

mikesher.live Posted at 2015-6-18 00:10
I can't respond to either choice.  I haven't upgraded yet.  Very tempted, but I'm hesitant to take a ...

Exactly - have not updated, but would like to see the results.

I think the results will get messed up by people just clicking, to see the results.
2015-6-20
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

First some parameters to frame this discussion upon: I love the DJI experience, their products, and the photograph opportunities that they provide. As a professional photographer for most of my life, I have found that this new approach to taking pictures turns me on as quickly as a well turn ankle. That’s a little sad, but true.

That said, I embrace new stuff, usually with the glee of a kid, and sometimes it doesn’t work of course. Tried a new camera with tons of promise for better pictures, but the darned thing couldn’t keep a tied up naked lady in focus never mind a bird, my second favorite target. So I now have a 500 buck lump of nothing as a monument to impulsiveness.

So I have decided that the following factors in the quad world, i.e. the complexity of the devices, the newness of the specie, and the cutting edge software and electronics involved in Quads, has made a decision for me.

I will in the future not up-grade to new software if, and it is a big if, I am happy in the 90% range with the current software. The same goes with firmware.

Too many questions arise immediately after an upgrade, and anomalies surface that could well be caused by the new programming, but also may be the rantings of the nay-sayers. You know what I mean. So I think I will do better sticking with the old programing, until the bugs are eradicated.

Now I don’t suggest everyone do this, but until there is a way to go back after an up-grade to where I was happy, I’m taking my time until the dust settles on the issues my fellow quad flyers find.

Just one person’s point of view.
2015-6-20
Use props
magart2.hotmail
lvl.2
United States

Flew 5 batteries today, only difference is it doesn't hold altitude as steady as before. No problem with lag.
2015-6-20
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-6-21 09:55
**** The posts are shielded ****

I wonder why?
2015-6-20
Use props
ceki.gabay
New

Turkey

I had two perfect flights with the new firmware. In third it took of then radio control disconnected in a minute. I had small crash. Luckily  only two props broken and a scratch on the body. I am not sure whether it is from fw. I am afraid of using it now.
2015-6-21
Use props
robbiereider
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone here had issues with ESC Error? My P3P has been grounded for 4 days after the firmware update after a near crash  (video posted earlier in the thread). Any info would be helpful.  Thanks.
2015-6-21
Use props
classicalle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8903051 ft
  • >>>
United States

robbiereider@ma Posted at 2015-6-21 21:52
Has anyone here had issues with ESC Error? My P3P has been grounded for 4 days after the firmware up ...

So you crashed it, then upgraded it? Or upgraded it then crashed it?
2015-6-21
Use props
robbiereider
lvl.1
United States

classicalle@gma Posted at 2015-6-21 23:08
So you crashed it, then upgraded it? Or upgraded it then crashed it?

Sorry for the confusion. I upgraded, nearly crashed it, then my display showed the ESC error and I haven't been able to fly it since. It's all in one piece, no physical damage at all.
ESC Error.jpg
2015-6-21
Use props
frozenhawaiian
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1663 ft
United States

did the update today took the bird to the park, all seemed normal didn't notice any significant change in the video feed. I did a lot of hard maneuvering, full forward, full reverse, hard left to hard right etc. basically trying to get the aircraft to "trip up" but all seemed fine. I think the thing to keep in mind here though is that the P3 is new so some growing pains and bugs needing to be worked out are to be expected. the other thing is that the drone market is getting crowded so DJI can't afford to be losing customers, especially from their newest model, you can bet dollar to donuts that DJI is working hard on another update to rectify the issues with the current firmware update.
2015-6-21
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

robbiereider@ma Posted at 2015-6-22 04:22
Sorry for the confusion. I upgraded, nearly crashed it, then my display showed the ESC error and I  ...

have you ever got it to light up again, check you versions and see if they upgraded properly, you can check on your  remote,  check tahoe dave update procedure recalibrate everything, cycle vps on and off and then turn off , leave off.  hopefully the next, "various bugs {:3_57:} fixed" will take care of these problems.
2015-6-21
Use props
rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 571690 ft
United Kingdom

mine is phucked also.... worked perfect on 1.2.7 but on 1.2.8 I cant even go half the distance I did previously and it loses signal to my ipad loads, even at 10 feet away feel like taking it back as unfit under the sale of goods act
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Dammnitt FantomDk.  Busted
2015-6-22
Use props
myhondas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12100 ft
United States

you know this childish shielding of postings is a little annoying. I think the moderators should grow up.  we're not children you know
2015-6-22
Use props
rich_even
lvl.1

United States

I just updated mine yesterday -  bit nervous I flew Today in a pretty good wind and experienced no problems.
After a few easy passes I flew more aggressively and then at further ranges - it was always responsive.  
The area I was flying around has huge parking garages which caused not so much as blip in control or the video stream ( iPad Air2). Everything went smooth. (Relieved ... phewww)  

Method of Updating
I downloaded the firmware from the DJI Website to my PC as opposed to using the App - Unpacked it on my hard drive and onto the SD card and updated the P3P and Controller with it.
Calibrated the  IMU

2015-6-23
Use props
mike.holder
New

United States

So I upgraded to current rev from 1.18. I took a flight yesterday in some VERY strong winds (30mph on ground).... and boy did I have issues. I have flow with 1.18 with no issues in same wind strength. The issues were mainly mine as it was drifting badly right after take-off.  I flew over the lake and took a few shots at about 700 ft.  From then on... it was OVER.  It drifted from about 1000 ft (distance from controller) to the eventual 7500 ft.  No amount of forward stick would get me back. Later found out that wind gusts were at 75mph and I'm guessing it was pretty close to that at 900 ft.  I watched sadly as it drifted until the battery hit 10% and forced landed.

Just as I lost connectivity I saw a small grey spot on the left side of the screen and pushed towards it knowing it was a pipe dream and in the lake it went.   After some driving and looking at the last know GPS coordinates which showed it was in the lake a little just off a pier (was the grey spot).  Arriving on the scene and walking the pier... Imagine what I found.

I really cant believe this.... Divine intervention!  Lessons learned and I knew better to begin with. Anyways.. flew a couple hours today (a lot of wind yet) and no issues. I will definitely call the issue mine at this time.  good luck to all. Enjoy reading the feedback.

2015-6-23
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Well, I would like to see the results but have not yet even purchased my drone.

I guess I have to click number two to see the results?  Very sorry :-(

Please next time make result visible without voting?
2015-6-24
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-6-24 19:09
Well, I would like to see the results but have not yet even purchased my drone.

I guess I have to c ...

l haven't upgraded since 1.1.6, l had to click "no" as well.
2015-6-24
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules