Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xairoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48130 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi

My SD card was unreadable (SanDisk Extreme PLUS 64 GB microSDXC) after using it with the Air 2.
That's really nice. The card works inside the Air 2 without any problems. Also I can export the files to my iPad (using the remote).

What I have done:
- Mac, PC

- different card readers

Card needs to be formatted... on both systems.

Finally I paid for Wondershare Recoverit. Worked, but that's not cool.

Card was formatted with the Air 2. Worked before today. I just used the card on my PC to copy the files a few days ago. It stopped working today after taking some new shots/videos. Special. No idea if it can be the card or the Air 2 crashed some informations on the card.

I never ever had problems with SanDisk cards while taking photos and videos (since about 20 years).

2020-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

After you get your pictures off microSD card.  You might try formatting card on PC, then try taking test pictues with it using Air 2.
2020-6-13
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The best tool for formatting cards are not the generic utilities that come with the OS, but the SD card formatting utility from the SD Card Organization. It talks directly to the controller built into the cards:

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
2020-6-13
Use props
Tez4UK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142349 ft
Finland

Hi, I have had this problem my self especially on PC windows 10 , does your card take a while to load up on pc ?
2020-6-13
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48130 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

@Tez4UK No. But the format notice appeared very fast =)

The card is working again after formatting it using my PC. Tried formatting on the Air 2 too. Both worked. No idea what happened.
Hope this won't happen again. Restoring sucks.
2020-6-16
Use props
Mirek L
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Xairoo Posted at 6-16 10:32
@Tez4UK No. But the format notice appeared very fast =)

The card is working again after formatting it using my PC. Tried formatting on the Air 2 too. Both worked. No idea what happened.

I had exactly the same problem. See: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=218128

It seems that MA2 is handling SD cards in some peculiar way and may cause the card to be unreadable by PC yet perfectly fine inside MA2.

I was not as lucky as you with recovery software. Instead of Wondershare Recoverit, I purchased CardRecovery. Even though it managed to "recover" my files, theye were not playable. I contacted their support and they just brushed me off. I tried Wondershare Recoverit Trial version, and it did recover files but I could not Preview them since they limit preview to files below 30Mb. In order to check if thier software really work, I would have needed to purchase license. Burned by CardRecovery, I was not willing to trust them on their word.

Fortunately, if this happens again, there is a (painful) workaround, which does not require third party recovery software. You can download your files from AC to mobile one by one. Connect AC to RC, go to Camera View, select Play button and choose video to download. Than press download icon. It will download original file from SD to your mobile.
From your mobile, you can than transfer the files to PC.
Unfortunately, download does not work for H.265 encoded files.

I believe it is time for some minor firmware fix in MA2 to prevent such issues.

Mirek

2020-6-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend to please try a different recommended SD card to isolate the issue, Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules