Fly app - Simulator (Academy)
2394 10 2020-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

I just bought a 2nd Mavic Mini as a gift for my best friend that has never flown a drone before and while going through the pre-flight list with him together with a few best practices I thought that especially for the Mini - and whatever new entry level drones DJI will offer, having the equivalent of the Academy from the DJI Go 4 app on the Fly app should be a must for new drone operators...
What do you think?

Single SelectVote, Total 19 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

78.95% (15)
21.05% (4)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-6-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

You can download try and use several free functions of the DJI Flight Simulator PC program, which is a wonderful beginner's tool and also works in conjunction with the Mavic Mini Remote, although it isn't officially supported.

https://www.dji.com/simulator
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One of the first things that I noticed on the fly app was the absence of the sim.
2020-6-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 6-14 14:29
You can download try and use several free functions of the DJI Flight Simulator PC program, which is a wonderful beginner's tool and also works in conjunction with the Mavic Mini Remote, although it isn't officially supported.

Think I'll give it a try
2020-6-14
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

m80116 Posted at 6-14 14:29

I know that, thanks for the info. Believe or not, my best friend has no PC...
2020-6-16
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I think you need to upgrade your friend first
2020-6-16
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

m80116 Posted at 6-16 16:00
I think you need to upgrade your friend first

We are both Mac people, I consider that an upgrade already ;)

It is absurd that while all DJI products are optimized around the Apple ecosystem, the DJI flight app is for windows only...
2020-6-17
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

El Diabolico Posted at 6-17 03:33
We are both Mac people, I consider that an upgrade already ;)

It is absurd that while all DJI products are optimized around the Apple ecosystem, the DJI flight app is for windows only...

I agree... weird huh.
2020-6-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there El Diabolico. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 20:18
Hello there El Diabolico. Thank you for reaching out and for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Thanks for the reply. You guys really need to do something about Mac users or even an iPad Pro, I am sure it can handle it, it doesn’t need to be perfect ;)
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

El Diabolico Posted at 6-22 13:38
Thanks for the reply. You guys really need to do something about Mac users or even an iPad Pro, I am sure it can handle it, it doesn’t need to be perfect ;)

Hi there El Diabolico. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your valued insight with regards to this matter.  I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department fro further evaluation. Thank you.
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules