DJI Repair Scam
904 5 2020-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steambuddy
lvl.1

United States

So, here's my story, for whoever wants to send in their Mavic Pro RC because its not connecting to your AC, I would strongly advise against this.

I sent in my RC and about a month later they finally got back to me with an estimate of $265 to repair the RC quoting that it needs a new main board. The controller was working just fine before a firmware update, mind you. Aside from that, this has been a well documented problem by other mavic pro pilots.

Needless to say, this company seems to want to squeeze out every dollar they can from the consumer. If they force me to pay for the RC to get it back I rather they keep it. Ridiculous...
2020-6-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi steambuddy, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, we apologize that the warranty service was not provided due to the warranty period of your RC has been expired. But your concerns will be escalated to the higher-level team to see whether there is any better resolution can be provided, please wait patiently for further communication from our manager, thank you.
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_7oT1oCaJfILK
New
United States

So I've had my Drone for 20 days and 2 days ago it wouldn't fly the back propellers have more power than the front to the back starts to lift up and it leans forward.  Then the propellers just turn off I emailed support no reply and the exchange or return time frame is 14 days this is crazy
2020-6-19
Use props
steambuddy
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_7oT1oCaJfILK Posted at 6-19 16:32
So I've had my Drone for 20 days and 2 days ago it wouldn't fly the back propellers have more power than the front to the back starts to lift up and it leans forward.  Then the propellers just turn off I emailed support no reply and the exchange or return time frame is 14 days this is crazy

I was actually contacted by DJI like how Mindy said and they were able to work something out with me and lets just say my opinion on their customer service has changed to a positive one. Try making a forum post about your issue.
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_7oT1oCaJfILK Posted at 6-19 16:32

Hi there, sorry for the email response delay affected by the pandemic, may I verify whether the drone crashed in the end?
2020-6-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

steambuddy Posted at 6-19 16:40
I was actually contacted by DJI like how Mindy said and they were able to work something out with me and lets just say my opinion on their customer service has changed to a positive one. Try making a forum post about your issue.

It's good to know everything turns out to be great, I see the RC has been shipped out, hope you will receive it soon.
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules