GPC Cases...got one and....
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomRider
lvl.1

Italy

Hi Everyone!
Glad to be here. Allow me to thank everyone for their valuable inputs, bad or good ones, anyway useful from my modest opinion. I learn a lot since reading this forum.
Got myself the new P3P, a latest rugged GPC case made for P3P and I  have ordered few parts already from DJI...which I hope to receive soon. Yeah... continue hoping... you will say!

I like to discuss about GPC rugged cases... very well made, solid and light as well, however I was wondering if anyone experiencied (as me) black-foam-dust all over the parts inserted in each compartment. I know is not big deal...but with time I notice this foam dust is increasing.
I need to remove it from the P3P and TX radio each time...being annoying, time consuming. But, mostly, I have concerns if this dust goes in the motors or electrical parts, through the air vents...

Has anyone experiencied such thing with their drone cases, GPC or other brand? How did you solve the problem?

Thank you in advance for any feedback!
Cheers!

Ernest

2015-6-17
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same problem. The top foam piece also falls out everytime I open my case.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-17
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-17 23:40
I have the same problem. The top foam piece also falls out everytime I open my case.

Some 3M Gorilla snot will bond the foam to the lid.
It's called Gorilla snot because it a yellow colored weather strip adhesive.

Part number 08001, sold in most automotive parts stores.  
2015-6-17
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-17 23:47
Some 3M Gorilla snot will bond the foam to the lid.
It's called Gorilla snot because it a yellow c ...

Yep -- it's a simple fix. I was just noting it as another minor design issue (in case GPC is here reading along).

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-17
Use props
PhantomRider
lvl.1

Italy

Ok... I got some reply from GPC customer support with some recommendation. I will do what they say and see if this get solved. I'll keep you posted...

Cheers!

Ernest
2015-6-17
Use props
PhantomRider
lvl.1

Italy

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-6-17 23:57
Yep -- it's a simple fix. I was just noting it as another minor design issue (in case GPC is here  ...

Update - Just followed GPC support advices: removed all foam parts from the case, vacuum all black-dust-foam- residues. Than, with a warm hair dryer, finished all corners and compartments so that all foam edges became "clean" and well defined, as the hot temp closed the foam cells.
Set back foams in the case looks good!
For the top foam, also getting loose when opening the case....applied bi-adesive tape on the back side to stick with the plastic case cover.

Hopefully this will help others too.

Cheers!

Ernest
2015-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules