Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date: 2020.06.17
  • Firmware: v01.09.00.10
  • DJI Mimo App iOS: v1.3.1
  • DJI Mimo App Android: v1.3.0

What’s New?

• Optimized sound of videos in playback and warning prompts.
  • Fixed issue: videos had double images when recording with high ISO.
  • Fixed issue: live stream view was smaller than live view when set to 480p.
  • Fixed issue: video recording stopped when disconnecting the USB connection during charging.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart Osmo Action and DJI Mimo, and retry. Alternatively, download the latest firmware from the official DJI website to a microSD card to update.

2020-6-16
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Aaaa so that's where that random picture came from, it have been annoying me, but i have voice control off now as i never use it. ( no idea why it was on in the first place, i must be stupid or something )
I am behind fix what you got going before you throw in new stuff, and i have also been in the camera business for so long that i know it can be extremely hard to iron out some problems, even if you have the SDK.
Fixing repeat frames is good

It is still my firm hope DJI move away from AMBA SOC, the new qualcom ISP look really cool and would be a dream in the OA 2.0
2020-6-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thank you. it be great to know just a little more why the features and functions many of us have asked, did nit even get thought of to go in when they were passed to the Team.

for example. doubt we get a reply.

1. battery indicator   show the percentage throughout.
2 video timer suggested  like the photo timer
3 less steps easier livestream set up
4 additional EIS level
5 EIS  Rocksteady improvement

this list goes on and on and on, the best one would be allowance to revert back/downgrade firmware, so the ones that are issued  can be  on older firmware.

that said thank you  be aware what you're updating to, bugs & issues are fixed,

Hello there Fishycomics. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter for the DJI Osmo Action. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates on the DJI Osmo Action and on the DJI Mimo application. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you

Untitled 1.png
2020-6-17
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

.... *sigh*....
2020-6-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the info.
2020-6-17
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

2020-6-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

can a rep explain how 1 minute Screen saver is to work please

in a minutes time it dims,  then screen goes off, press screen to wake up?  This Does not do that, why then we have this feature added.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif (4).gif
2020-6-17
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

I'd like cinelike-D in photo mode. That would be an easy implementation
2020-6-17
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

WilliamSolis11 Posted at 6-17 19:58
I'd like cinelike-D in photo mode. That would be an easy implementation

You have raw-format (DNG) it is better than any flat-profiles like cinelike etc.
2020-6-19
Use props
keeru24
lvl.1
India

Pease get the hero 8 superview like feature to Osmo action!!
2020-6-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

FW1.09.00 is this just me experiencing the shutter adjustments during video.

I now know there is a exposure lock by long press. on app (Spot meter on camera) and in the app auto overexposure view on the app .  maybe just me while recording I  just noticed the issues. never know if  fw 9 meant fw no
2020-6-19
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-19 06:09
FW1.09.00 is this just me experiencing the shutter adjustments during video.

https://youtu.be/bWRebAnSu4Y

I could not replicate the problem (I am also on .09 firmware). Does this always happen?
2020-6-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-19 14:23
I could not replicate the problem (I am also on .09 firmware). Does this always happen?

will look into the other clips I seen a few had slight adjustments. not like this.     if you can trick the foreground/background  you will notice the shutter increase on the app. this was without the app used on the vid posted.
2020-6-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As I rode around clear  bright day perfect shot, the  background clouds  whited out and back, guess that was the norm before  have to watch a vid or two of older stuff.   solved my  other small issues lol.

2020-6-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-20 03:22
will look into the other clips I seen a few had slight adjustments. not like this.     if you can trick the foreground/background  you will notice the shutter increase on the app. this was without the app used on the vid posted.

OA's default metering is supposed to be the "average" method which basically tries to expose everything in the scene as good as it possibly can; but I always suspected that it behaves more like a "center weighted average" mode. That method is pretty close to the "average" mode, but favors what the middle of the screen assuming that you are pointing there because of it's importance.

Any kind of spot or weighted metering is prone exposure fluctuations when the light in that favored area changes significantly. Proper "average" metering does not have same risk. The light in the whole scene has to change before it adjusts the exposure.

I don't know what the problem with OA is honestly. It can be as I said "center weighted" approach (which would explain the exposure dips in your sample video, probably you are effecting the light in the favored area as you move) or it can simply be "bad" average metering.

I had couple of exposure fluctiations before (thats't why I have my suspicions about the metering) but nothing as severe as in your sample video...

2020-6-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-20 15:08
OA's default metering is supposed to be the "average" method which basically tries to expose everything in the scene as good as it possibly can; but I always suspected that it behaves more like a "center weighted average" mode. That method is pretty close to the "average" mode, but favors what the middle of the screen assuming that you are pointing there because of it's importance.

Any kind of spot or weighted metering is prone exposure fluctuations when the light in that favored area changes significantly. Proper "average" metering does not have same risk. The light in the whole scene has to change before it adjusts the exposure.

Thank you.   as I did further tests and  guess things do happen,  spot meter   within 3 feet  guess to be expected Lol
2020-6-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-20 16:48
Thank you.   as I did further tests and  guess things do happen,  spot meter   within 3 feet  guess to be expected Lol

You're welcome And that will do it, especially with back light In the end the closer you are, the smaller the physical area your metering "spot" covers...
2020-6-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Auto exposure will show that is the issue and only on the app
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Existing issue of Livestream of 1080P is still there, So for me I paid att'n  I already did a 4K vid and BAM I am on 1080P out of nowhere, what gives,
2020-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Woe Posted at 6-17 05:45
Thanks for the info.

Hello there Woe. You are very much welcome and if you have any inquiries with the new firmware update for the DJI Osmo Action. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to assist you. Thank you for your support.
2020-6-22
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 00:23
Hello there Woe. You are very much welcome and if you have any inquiries with the new firmware update for the DJI Osmo Action. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to assist you. Thank you for your support.

Thanks DJI Stephen.
2020-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Woe Posted at 6-22 06:07
Thanks DJI Stephen.

Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.
2020-6-23
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-23 00:13
Hi there Woe. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Again thank you for your valued support and please stay safe always.

2020-6-23
Use props
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

I really miss this feature. When I already bought this camera and only then found out that this function is not there, I was very upset. This feature was central to use. Every time I install an update, I pray that this function appears. DJI, please hear me.

"Hold-shutter burst mode. That is, holding down the shutter to fire off a rapid sequence of photos for as long as you hold the shutter down. It can be useful for capturing fast action when you don’t know precisely how long you expect the action to last rather than shooting a predetermined number of photos over a predefined period of time. This falls into the oddly limited burst mode capabilities of the DJI Osmo Action."
https://havecamerawilltravel.com/gopro/dji-osmo-action-shooting-photos/

2020-6-24
Use props
Mike_Zinin
lvl.4
Thailand

To shoot slow motion 240 fps, there is no way to choose a shutter speed of 480 fps. In the settings there are only 500 fps, which is not entirely suitable. Is such a moment easy to fix?
2020-6-24
Use props
Fenmarel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Can't create new thread (maybe because my account is new), so I'll ask here...
Can company add "Car mode" with another firmware update?
I'm using Osmo Action as extra DashCam quite often, but it's very tiring turning camera on and off every time starting and clear memory manually on time when it's only using for this.
If camera can in Car Mode, turning on and start recording automatically and off when is powered on/off and keep recording whole time deleting automatically older video files recorded in this mode...
So I'm asking for typical Car DashCam mode if possible
2020-6-25
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fenmarel Posted at 6-25 11:09
Can't create new thread (maybe because my account is new), so I'll ask here...
Can company add "Car mode" with another firmware update?
I'm using Osmo Action as extra DashCam quite often, but it's very tiring turning camera on and off every time starting and clear memory manually on time when it's only using for this.

There is already a loop recording mode (which deletes the files automatically starting from the oldest). It is the first one from the left in the in camera video menu. You will still have to start and stop manually though...
2020-6-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 6-25 12:50
There is already a loop recording mode (which deletes the files automatically starting from the oldest). It is the first one from the left in the in camera video menu. You will still have to start and stop manually though...

Think he was asking for a Dashcam  that starts when power is detected. and turns down when power is lost.  car mode dashcam mode. see   that when DJI says we'll pass it to the Team and  months pass. like the video timer  request Lol.
grammar on the keyboard, I need a sledgehammer to type.
2020-6-25
Use props
Fenmarel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

@CemAygun
Yes, there is Loop Recording but I have to start it manually and the way it deleting older files it's not what usually Car Mode do...
For example, usually Car Mode will delete older files starting from oldest file in memory, but Loop Recording in OSMO Action does it in different weird way, so if I'll start Loop Recording having memory space for 15 miutes of record in this mode I'll get only up to 15 minutes of record because it will not delete older files than the one from actual record, it will just loop record for space avialable in moment you'll start, so from time to time you need to manually wipe memory, especially on longer car trips with many stops.

@Fishycomics
Yes, that's exactly what looking for, power up - start recording, power down - stop recording and switch off.
And actual time on video would be good as well, especially in Car Mode.
2020-6-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Fenmarel Posted at 6-26 09:39
@CemAygun
Yes, there is Loop Recording but I have to start it manually and the way it deleting older files it's not what usually Car Mode do...
For example, usually Car Mode will delete older files starting from oldest file in memory, but Loop Recording in OSMO Action does it in different weird way, so if I'll start Loop Recording having memory space for 15 miutes of record in this mode I'll get only up to 15 minutes of record because it will not delete older files than the one from actual record, it will just loop record for space avialable in moment you'll start, so from time to time you need to manually wipe memory, especially on longer car trips with many stops.

DJI should be able to do that, see why not , will they is another story, will see.  they should take the request, put it on the Million of other requests.  and maybe one life time we'll see it (wink)
2020-6-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fenmarel Posted at 6-26 09:39
@CemAygun
For example, usually Car Mode will delete older files starting from oldest file in memory, but Loop Recording in OSMO Action does it in different weird way, so if I'll start Loop Recording having memory space for 15 miutes of record in this mode I'll get only up to 15 minutes of record because it will not delete older files than the one from actual record, it will just loop record for space avialable in moment you'll start, so from time to time you need to manually wipe memory, especially on longer car trips with many stops.

Ah I see, so the loop record treats each session separately leaving/not erasing the files from the previous sessions on the card and eventually  filling up the card. I did not know that, thank you for the info.

Yeah, it is not much useful that way
2020-6-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 6-26 11:40
DJI should be able to do that, see why not , will they is another story, will see.  they should take the request, put it on the Million of other requests.  and maybe one life time we'll see it (wink)

Well it has always been this way. We never got waypoints for Mavic Air even though 3rd party software had them, we never got preset motion for regular video on the Pocket even though hyeperlapse mode has it etc. etc.

As you said, just wait and see
2020-6-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If we had the dash cam feature,  to start while power  was seen, auto record,, and  car off camera stops recording, powers down be great.   I also then will hear why not Have Motion detection.   camera also plugged in to a power supply, when   it sees motion.  Why not have a Crash record as well.  Imagine we had a camera we can dial in "Any App we want. is that not called our Smartphones" (wink),  well DJI is an Action camera, wants to play with the big boys, then they need to step up the game, not sure I said that before?

Like I said its all DJI  they will Listen, Monitor the site,  and  one day make it happen, or Not.
2020-6-27
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine still works great.
2020-6-28
Use props
Fenmarel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

CemAygun Posted at 6-26 13:07
Ah I see, so the loop record treats each session separately leaving/not erasing the files from the previous sessions on the card and eventually  filling up the card. I did not know that, thank you for the info.

Yeah, it is not much useful that way

Sorry Mate, I just realised and checked this properly, that Loop Recording works even worst than what i said earlier.
Wee update on my mistake:
If you'll choose loop recording, let say duration 5 minutes, you'll get only last 5-6minutes of record because it will only record last 5-6 minutes, It will not record for whole time in 5 minutes pieces like any other camera with loop recording.
If you'll choose unlimited duration it will record whole time and when space will run out, it will record only actual session in the way I said in earlier post.
2020-6-30
Use props
Lufti0815
lvl.1

Austria

Sorry to post here but because i am a new user, i cant create a new Thread. Maybe someone can redirect it where it belongs.

Issue: I am using the Timelapse from my Dji Osmo Action Cam for a Building Site.
The camera is in a cage, has always power (220V -> 5V, 2A) takes 1 Foto every 125 Sec.
Everything is OK till ... after some time (mainly after 1 Week but also after 4-5 days), the camera stops recording for no reason.
But the red light is still blinking as it would still recording! The display is black and i cant even stop the recording! I need to take the camera from the cage, take away the battery, restart the camera and then it is working again.

I dont know now what firmware the camera has it now. I will look tomorow.
The camera is only 3 months old.
No rain is coming inside the cage. I even installed a fan in the cage to cool the camera in the hot days.  Every time i check the camera (when is working), it is not hot! nor warm.

Has anyone an idea what can it be? Can someone help me?
2020-6-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

maybe the sdxc card hitting a sector that is not good a guess.
2020-6-30
Use props
Lufti0815
lvl.1

Austria

Fishycomics Posted at 6-30 06:34
maybe the sdxc card hitting a sector that is not good a guess.

I am using 2 Memory Cards. It happens with both of them.

Here the Foto again:
2020-6-30
Use props
Iosef
lvl.1
United States

Mike_Zinin Posted at 6-24 08:30
I really miss this feature. When I already bought this camera and only then found out that this function is not there, I was very upset. This feature was central to use. Every time I install an update, I pray that this function appears. DJI, please hear me.

"Hold-shutter burst mode. That is, holding down the shutter to fire off a rapid sequence of photos for as long as you hold the shutter down. It can be useful for capturing fast action when you don’t know precisely how long you expect the action to last rather than shooting a predetermined number of photos over a predefined period of time. This falls into the oddly limited burst mode capabilities of the DJI Osmo Action."

I mentioned something similar on another thread. The burst mode is extremely limited, especially when compared to other cameras. I would think that adding more burst options (more pictures/more time) would be pretty easy, hopefully it's something they implement soon.
2020-6-30
Use props
TI Magic
lvl.1

United States

Is anyone else noticing a clicking sound between mp4 files on a continuous video when you try to put the files together seamlessly in editing software? This is a major issue if it cannot be corrected.
2020-7-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules