• >>>
United Kingdom

2020-6-17
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

I have one of these but it's a bit small for the Phantom. And when landing, the props often kick up enough wind to flip part of it over or even move the whole thing. Recently got the big round one which is much better for a larger drone.
2020-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I totaly gave up with the pad,  ground take off and if thats not possible hand launch and catch.
2020-6-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 00:24
I totaly gave up with the pad,  ground take off and if thats not possible hand launch and catch.

I have this pad and it's great but I get your point as its something else to carry for sure.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ben Lambert. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video you have created. Landing Pads protects the gimbal from interference or collision during maintenance and landing and also protects the aircraft from dirt during landing and takeoff. Thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-6-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Never use pads (although I bought one believing I needed it)
2020-6-23
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

They are great.  They keep the lens of your camera clean from debris during take-off.  A lot of things are swirling and flying around when the rotors are spinning.

I use the circular/round shape - that can be folded and collapsed to more compact shape.
2020-6-23
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Joecos Posted at 6-23 07:13
They are great.  They keep the lens of your camera clean from debris during take-off.  A lot of things are swirling and flying around when the rotors are spinning.

I use the circular/round shape - that can be folded and collapsed to more compact shape.

How long did it take you to figure out how to fold it up? I couldn't understand the directions that came with it, but Google solved the problem.
2020-6-23
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Mr. Strat Posted at 6-23 18:24
How long did it take you to figure out how to fold it up? I couldn't understand the directions that came with it, but Google solved the problem.

Ha!  Yes, I had that problem too - LOL.   First - twist it to make a pretzel or a number "8".  Then, fold into 2, dividing it right at the middle - then stuff it in its case.

I can relate with the do-overs.  So True!
2020-6-24
Use props
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

My best choice is puzzle floor mats (and you can borrow them at no cost from your kids), add some battery powered led string lights from your Christmas paraphernalia for night landing and you're good to go (and better prepared for some wind)

2020-6-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Something else thats handy with this pad during this weeks heat wave is that you can fold two-thirds of it over the drone whilst keeping the drone on the pad with the arms folded in - creates a great shade from the sun between flights when out in exposed areas.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules