• >>>
United Kingdom

2020-6-17
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

From the picture above, it looks too susceptible to wind blowing up under the pad and making it flap.  Is it weighted at all???
2020-6-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recently took delivery of the PGY Tech Advanced landing pad that you have - perfect for the MA2 as nicely weighted so no need to stake it down and it's very portable. The landing precision works great with it too. Be a little more firm with it though and press it down on the grass so none of the ends are facing up.
2020-6-17
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

For windy or high  grass areas you can't beat the Hoodman landing pad. It has a "3.2 pound zinc coated perimeter cable keeps drone launch pad in place without stakes". Been using it for years and it always stays in place.
Hoodman 3 Foot Landing Pad
2020-6-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool video. Going to take a look at that pad.
2020-6-17
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I'm not a fan of absolute terms like "BEST", everything is a compromise in one way or another.

This particular pad is convenient to carry but on the small side. Even when the conditions are almost ideal (no wind and good lighting), the MA2 wasn't able to land completely on it. The video also exaggerates the inconvenience of collapsible pads -- if you aren't capable of getting one back in its bag, you probably needs to limit yourself to shoes with velcro closures.
2020-6-17
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the foldable round type that you can peg down, made of rip stop nylon comes with 3 pegs and the bag. £5. 50 off ebay same as others 4 times the price, never regretted it.
2020-6-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pappy3 Posted at 6-17 08:43
For windy or high  grass areas you can't beat the Hoodman landing pad. It has a "3.2 pound zinc coated perimeter cable keeps drone launch pad in place without stakes". Been using it for years and it always stays in place.
Hoodman 3 Foot Landing Pad

I had that one with my Inspire 1 - it also costs five times the price and is heavier than the MA2 (as in the landing pad)...
2020-6-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I totaly gave up with the pad,  ground take off and if thats not possible hand launch and catch.
2020-6-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ben Lambert. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video you have created. Landing Pads protects the gimbal from interference or collision during maintenance and landing and also protects the aircraft from dirt during landing and takeoff. Thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-6-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now