Customer Service gets A+ so far
1355 18 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Well it finally happened. I crashed 100% pilot error stupid amature mistake. Forgot to look up!!!!!  
I was coming in for a landing between the barn and some trees, forgot the dog run cable was still up. By the time I saw the cable and realized what was about to happen, it was too late to avoid, I fly in ATTI mode so letting go of the controls is not an option. to reduce the amount of damage, as I was pretty close to the Incoming Inspire, I killed the motors and went for the hand catch, The Inspire missed the cable barely by dropping like a rock, and I managed to catch it at the last second before impacting the ground. But I snapped the front right arm in doing so. But I never hurt the camera, gimble or battery. Tha crash could have been so much worse.
So now I have to deal with "DJI Customer Service". After all the negative comments about how awful the service is and having to wait on the phone for hours and getting people who no nothing about anything or can't speak english or any number of other negative experiances posted here, needless to say I was very anxious but making the call.

So last night I sent off an email to DJI Tech. Support about what had happened and what is the procedure for returning it for repairs. Approximatly 20 minutes later I had three emails from DJI. 2 where computor generated responses and the third was from the DJI Support Team giving me all the directions I asked for. And a number to phone 1(818) 235-0789 (same as on web site). So this morning at 9am I call the number, expecting to be on hold for hours, NOT, 9 minutes and a very nice gentleman answered, he was well spoken, knowagable, & friendly.
He answered all of my questions told me step by step what I needed to do after I got the email he was going to sent me and if I had any questions I was to call back and ask for him by name. He told me that the customer service is not quite up to speed yet as they are moving to a larger facility to handle the volume. And my repair time would be between 5 to 6 weeks.

So far I have nothing to complain about service wise, I was treated with courtesy and respect and I believe honesty.

SO FAR A+

Oh yeah, LOOK UP!!!!!!

2015-6-17
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Repair time is 5-6 weeks.  Add shipping time both to and from...  checkin time is 7-10 days. (before any repairs are made)  ......then they test your unit which is not included in repair time.   Check back with us when you get it back....after the summer and let us know how you feel.  Sorry for your loss Fred
2015-6-17
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-18 01:37
Repair time is 5-6 weeks.  Add shipping time both to and from...  checkin time is 7-10 days. (before ...

Sorry, I should have posted that I was aware of the check in & test time it was in the email with the RMA #. At this point there's nothing I can do but patiently wait for my bird to be repaired and sent back.
But I still feel the initial service was A+. I knew the service was slow, if I didn't want to wait, I should have looked up and not crashed my Inspire, but I didn't so now I have to wait. I'll bet I'm a lot more careful after I get it back in the fall.

Fly safe, have fun & look up
2015-6-17
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Customer service still not so bad, I sent the I1 off to LA on June 18/15, according to Canada Post DJI received it at 14:28 on June 23/15. Today June 25/15 at 13:47 I received an email from DJI informing me that my Inspire 1 has been received and checked into the system. Two days to check it in, better then what I read about: Not so bad.

Keep up the good work
2015-6-25
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I have an issue that I bought 2 batteries and I only received one and the  and the other what is nowhere to be found I talk to chat and the clueless they gave me some email which I've emailed twice in the past week and I haven't even had a generated response
2015-6-25
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-6-26 08:53
Well I have an issue that I bought 2 batteries and I only received one and the  and the other what i ...

sorry to hear that, hope you get it worked out
2015-6-25
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-6-26 09:20
sorry to hear that, hope you get it worked out

Well I'm trying to figure out how and the funny thing is the packing list says it send two batteries but I only received one in the box and I confirmed it with FedEx so what do I do now
2015-6-25
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-6-18 01:52
Sorry, I should have posted that I was aware of the check in & test time it was in the email with  ...

I received similar customer service when I called DJI before sending my Inspire 1 back, very prompt and courteous. My bird is coming back replaced free with a new one at no charge to me even though i believe it was my fault.

By the time it arrives on my door step it will be 5 weeks end-to-end time. That's me shipping to me receiving.

I received far better support than expected. Sure, repair times could be cut down to 2 weeks. But overall not a terrible experience as others have commented.
2015-6-25
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The times I have spoken to support in Germany they have been very helpful and polite. Only problem still is the time taken for repair.
2015-6-25
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

That is the kind of report that I like to hear . Glad you guys are getting good service . Seriously.
That is very encouraging news . Things are Looking Up!!

Tension Breaker!  Had to be done!

2015-6-26
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Well DJI is right on time. my 8 weeks are up tomorrow and I received an email a couple of hours ago from them telling me my bird is done.
2015-8-20
Use props
Rilic85
New

United States

Thanks Fred!

I am not a owner yet and was really debating to buy from DJI due to all the negative reviews I have read. I haven't a clue on which one I will buy either the P3P or I1. I am from the east coast of the united states so 5-8 weeks is kinda normal for standard shipping from the west coast. but I wanted to say thanks for that great experience, and sorry that you crashed.
2015-8-21
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-6-26 09:22
Well I'm trying to figure out how and the funny thing is the packing list says it send two batteri ...

Did you get your missing battery worked out?

Know this is a couple months later, but you could always prove that the weight of the package with one battery is lighter than what it would have been with two batteries.
2015-8-21
Use props
Oldmick
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14970 ft
United States

LOL Oh you poor man.  

They told me all that too.  
6 weeks?...lol....it took 12 weeks.  When it was returned it was not in "new" condition.  In fact I think it is still in need of repair.  (i suspect several of the motors were damaged yet only one was fixed.) Now when I fly "straight" it does not go straight.

I will never ever ever buy from DJI again.  

Also they returned my batteries and one is not working.  It says it has a bad cell.  I am waiting on a reply from them for that.

Also it was not upgraded to latest firmware as they said it would be.

Also they had the nerve to ask me about how I would rate their service.  When I clicked on the link...it was closed....typical...well done DJI

SO....I have sent another message to them about the battery and now I expect the same...crap for service... and they will likely tell me I should go back to the place I bought it from and have them replace it, like it is their fault.  That is a 2 hour drive for me.  How bout they pay me for gas?

This is DJI's last chance to make it right with me.  I suspect they will do nothing...again.

So I plan to make a youtube video and tell my story.  I hope it gets a million views.  I cannot recommend this company to anyone.  It is times 10 the worst service I have ever received and they don't care.  Well, if they do they sure have me fooled.  

I wonder how long before they will respond back to me about my battery...a month??

Hey DJI do you have any response at all??? (crickets)  
2015-8-30
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Well "Rosie" is on her way home, DJI has done everything they said in the time frame they said they would do it in. I still think the time frame for repairs (8 weeks) is TOO LONG, but the bill was not near as high as I thought it was going to be. $264.00 USD (2 broken arms, camera gimbal, camera cables, landing gear, and a bunch of other stuff I didn't even know I broke).  Hopefully their new repair facility will allow DJI to decrease the time repairs take in the future.
I read in other posts that DJI does not answer questions. this has not been my experience in dealing with DJI. They answered ALL of my inquiries (Emails) in a timely fashion, I think it's how ones asks the question.
I kept my inquiries short, to the point, without accusation, and respectful, and I signed off with "Respectfully, Fred D." Sometimes it took a couple of days for DJI to respond but they did respond.

Thank you DJI
2015-8-31
Use props
Oldmick
lvl.1
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-31 05:49
Well "Rosie" is on her way home, DJI has done everything they said in the time frame they said they  ...

I started off very respectful and hopeful...  

Tahoe Ed has responded and I am thankful for that.....

The just dropped the ball.  

I was told 6 weeks, it was 12.
I was told it would be returned like new (I only had 55 flights on it in the first place) it now does not fly straight.
I was told they would take care of everything including my batteries and one was returned with a bad cell and will not work.
I was also told if I did not receive an "invoice" there would be not charge.  I was smart enough to take a screen shot of that...  I assumed since they had it 7 weeks I would not be charged, and that took some of the sting out...then they emailed me an invoice about a week later.  Apparently the person on the chat screen did not realize they had not even been able to pick my inspire up for 7 weeks.  That is just unacceptable no matter what the excuse.  I paid anyway because it just was not worth the extra wait it would take.

Seriously...1 hour of labor...nearly 12  weeks?  How bout sending an apology.  OR - pay the bill for me, or give me some perk..

So perhaps I, the paying customer, did not phrase my questions right?  And, I am disrespectful perhaps because they tool 3 weeks longer than they promised me...along with the other issues...

No offense to you at all Fred though, I am glad you are happy with the service.  I just expect more from a 10 billion dollar company....and my experience was not good.

2015-8-31
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Oldmick Posted at 2015-8-31 14:10
I started off very respectful and hopeful...  

Tahoe Ed has responded and I am thankful for tha ...

If I was having your "unacceptable " experience, you can bet your a$$ I would be posting with a whole different tone. I did not mean to say you were not respectful, I was just relaying my experience and how I acted. I have no idea whether that had any bearing on how I was treated or not.
I agree your experience as stated, and the level of service you have received is "unacceptable" .
2015-8-31
Use props
Oldmick
lvl.1
United States

Fred D Posted at 2015-8-31 14:32
If I was having your "unacceptable " experience, you can bet your a$$ I would be posting with a wh ...

Bottom line...

The product is great, but the support and service is terrible...

By the way the email I got back from them said to recalibrate the IMU.  I already did that...it makes no difference.  

I hope that is the only problem.  I just flew today and got some video.  It appeared to be fine within the app but when I downloaded it to my computer for actual editing it came out all jumpy.  That has never happened before...so I am going to head out and test it again.  I sure hope this is not an additional problem.  I suspect something when wrong in the transfer because it plays in the app fine but no go on Adobe Premier Pro....oh boy...
2015-8-31
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Well "Rosie" is home finally.   And guess what?????  They replaced her with a NEW  one, a model D, I had a model A, as well DJI replaced the master controller. I am one HAPPY CAMPER
DJI also replaced the camera and gimbal WOW the batteries are charged and all calibrations are done, the rain has stopped that only leaves one more thing to do, FLY {:3_48:}

Oldmick I really hope you get the issues with your I1 worked out.  I believe DJI is trying hard to improve their customer service, and I think they're on the right road to accomplishing that goal.

THANK YOU DJI, you're #1 in my book, And grade for the service I received is AA+

Fred D.
2015-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules